+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Go Power Rangers... to Krispy Kreme!

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Default Re: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers coming back in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Shmeckie View Post
    CODE GEASS
    I snorted.

Yes, how wooden and without emotion.
    It sounds like Ichigo giving birth.

What next, Terek, is the Cowboy Bebop dub overrated?
    Bebop has a good dub. I can't say the show deserved it.

Is Steven Blum a hack?
    Blum is like Freeman, minus the bad attitude. As you would imagine, that's why he's the most successful voice actor outside of anime.

Is the NY voice pool the best of the four?
    Canada > New York > Texas > Southern California

Was the OP 4Kids dub masterful?
    Nope.

C'mon, Terek, make with the zany!
    You're doing a pretty good job without my help.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Crispin Freeman has a bad attitude?

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    Bebop has a good dub. I can't say the show deserved it.
    You don't like Cowboy Bebop, but you think Haruhi Suzumiya is deep...

I love you. You're like human irony. I want to know your life. What does a wacky man like yourself do on a daily basis? Do you walk to the store like the guy at the beginning of the "Ministry of Silly Walks" sketch? Do you randomly break out into song, and suddenly strangers on the street join in on an inexplicably choreographed background dance behind you?

It's like you're so crazy it comes full circle and makes you awesome for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robbybevard View Post
    . they also had an episode where they watched a JAPANESE episode of the show, with its full crazy wackiness intact and the MST3ked it, which was quite a bit of fun.
    Eh, they weren't really MST'ing it. It was more like Connor didn't wanna watch a (horribly dubbed) ep of Abaranger because "Et waz japanese!"
    My Livejournal/blog
    Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    His character is dull now anyway, he's a smug little ace, I miss the part 1 Shikamaru, the dunce who was actually smart. That whole thematic world is dead and gone and I don't think Kishi even remembers it.

I always really found Power Rangers to be a bit too cheesy.
    I liked the Time Force one, and enjoyed it. But over-all, it was just so cheesy.

I mean the effects were bad too. People in Spandex and Gimp-Masks running about.
    And they're always so over-dramatic, they can't stand still. A simple 1 step jump and they'd make it look like something from BodyGuard.

And the 'beating up the Monsters' scenes were awful, they didn't even connect and when they did the monsters would just fall down, defeated - When one punch/kick is really gonna kill/knock them out ?

And the scenes where the Monsters grew really big -
    the effects were pretty bad for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Power Rangers was one of my first obsessions. I'll never forget how pretty much everyone I knew at school would never stop talking about it. I think I started to lose interest in the show after seeing the movie.Looking back on this show, it's definitely one of those things that you realize wasn't as good as you remember it being once you get older. It's nostalgic, I'll give it that, but after seeing the dated special effects and everything, the cheese goes through the roof.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Quote Originally Posted by Senshi Mizaka View Post
    Looking back on this show, it's definitely one of those things that you realize wasn't as good as you remember it being once you get older. It's nostalgic, I'll give it that, but after seeing the dated special effects and everything, the cheese goes through the roof.
    Yeah. The Legend of Zelda *is* kind of dissapointing that way.

Yes, Power Rangers was cheesy as hell, but it had (sometimes) cool monsters and martial arts fighting. When you're a kid, that's all you need. Fuck, I watched the show specifically because they brought in a single character, that's the simple-mindedness of childhood!

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    In the furnace....full of love thats just and earnest

Quote Originally Posted by aegisrawks View Post

ohhhh

i thought he meant Morgan Freeman...cause he's a nice guy

OnT: show was great when i was a kid but looking back its god awful...i still like Ivan Ooze though from the movie...he remains a classy guy, what all villains should aspire to be...

Wow... Wathcing this show now made me wonder why I worn a power ranger costume at a carnival(in Trinidad) when I was younger. I was such a fanboy XD

I wonder what's the new hype for kiddie carnival now... It better not be Naruto.

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

Yes, Power Rangers was cheesy as hell, but it had (sometimes) cool monsters and martial arts fighting. When you're a kid, that's all you need. Fuck, I watched the show specifically because they brought in a single character, that's the simple-mindedness of childhood!
    Yeah, the martial arts fights were pretty much what everyone I knew watched it for.

I also remember hearing about all the controversy of the show as a kid and I never got it because in my mind, I thought "violence" was only chalked up to blood and guts.

Yeah, fuck this.

While I may have liked the show when I was little, this is one of those shows that you just watched as a kid 'cause you simply did not know any better and... well... were basically a moron when it comes to quality entertainment.

No form of nostalgia will ever save Power Rangers to me. All it reminds me is how devoid of taste I was when I was little. -_-;

Right now, the finale of RPM is on. And that means MMPR Remastered starts next week.

So here the listings for the first 2 months wroth of episodes.

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/prstuff/prgrid.html

And remember the time listing is est standred time.

Awesome. The best of the whole series was the first three seasons.

Maybe I'll give my childhood a treat. How are they remastered exactly?

They pretty much clean up all the episodes. And another interesting thing about this, a lot of these MMPR episodes haven't aired for like 12 - 13 years.

*insert Slowpoke jpeg*

LOVE AND PEACE

Aww, thought they'd be HD. Yes, I know it's old but that hasn't stopped anyone. Hell, The Wizard of Oz is HD now. As long as they have the uncompressed prints and time you can more or less HD anything with nice results.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    They pretty much clean up all the episodes. And another interesting thing about this, a lot of these MMPR episodes haven't aired for like 12 - 13 years.
    Pure publicity. All the orignal shows got rerun not that long ago on Fox ABC Family. Advertised as "Classic" Power Rangers.

...or so I've heard.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information