+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Go Power Rangers... to Krispy Kreme!

Default Go Go Power Rangers... to Krispy Kreme!

Well I guess the rumors of Diseny remastering the first 3 seasons of Power Rangers were true.

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20091001006376&newsLan g=en

Default Re: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers coming back in 2010

so the old series is making a comeback. finally somebody did something right by bring the power rangers back.

I am shocked as hell that they got Paul Schrier to make a comment in their press release.

Shame that they ran the show into the ground after Dino Thunder ended,,,
    Last edited by Dark Lord Zenigame; October 1st, 2009 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Paul Schrier = Bulk, for those who didn't remember.
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

To me Power Rangers kinda die after Mystic Force to me. I'm enjoying RPM a lot better then Overdrive and Jungle Fury.

Hopefully we get a dvd release of these episodes, since really would like to have Green with Evil and a lot of the classic episodes on dvd and I hope a release of Season 2 really badly (besides Johnny, it have my all time favorite villian, Lord Zedd).

This will only be interesting when they re-air the first season with Lord Zedd, when he came in and awesomed up this crappy series, but before parents started bitching about how he was "too evil" for a kids show and pulled that horrendous love potion bullshit...

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

Yeah, I'm really interested how they going to aired the first of half of Season 2 as well. Mostly if they going to air some more violent episodes of Season 2, (mostly talking about Blooms of Doom and couple other early season 2 episodes).

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame View Post
    I am shocked as hell that they got Paul Schrier to make a comment in their press release.
    Well apparently Paul Schrier always loved working on and was really into the show. He even tried to make a Bulk and Skull spinoff show if you can believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Shmeckie View Post
    This will only be interesting when they re-air the first season with Lord Zedd, when he came in and awesomed up this crappy series, but before parents started bitching about how he was "too evil" for a kids show and pulled that horrendous love potion bullshit...
    110% agreed. Lord Zedd was the best thing to ever happen to Power Rangers. And that theme song. Oh god that wonderful kickass theme song.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

The Dinozords were the best Zords, I will proudly purchase he new editions of the Dragonzord, Megazord and Titanus so that they might someday do battle with my Perfect Fusion GaoFighGar.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    The Dinozords were the best Zords, I will proudly purchase he new editions of the Dragonzord, Megazord and Titanus so that they might someday do battle with my Perfect Fusion GaoFighGar.
    Oh that takes me back. I may very well have to purchase the new Zords. I remember when I was a kid, what was weird is that my Megazord wasn't in color, but it was just completely black with some gold coloring. I have no idea where it came from or how my mom got it. I've since gotten rid of all my zords, but I found the Falcon Zord (from the third season) at a Good Will a few months ago and I just had to buy it for nostalgias sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    110% agreed. Lord Zedd was the best thing to ever happen to Power Rangers. And that theme song. Oh god that wonderful kickass theme song.
    Fuck yes, son!

[YOUTUBE]er-T5FjRc40[/YOUTUBE]

Yes!!!
    it might be 16 years later..but uh.. not sure ill watch it again..
    I stopped watching after the movie Zords
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Sadly, I never had the zords sadly. If do rerelease the zords, I'll get them. Espically Dragonzord. I had the Lord Zedd figure when I was kid as well the head changing figures of Kim and Tommy (when was the green ranger).

I hope this leads into all the older seasons to get seasons boxset over here. Since the only series that got a complete release over was Operation Overdrive.

And yes, the Lord Zedd theme is always awesome. So was Tenga Bye Bye.

[youtube]LNEARBZFUvc[/youtube]

Hmm, never heard the Tenga Bye Bye song before. Pretty good. And Shmeckie, have I told you lately that I love you? (platonically of course XD) Anyway, I know everyone's heard it a million times, but the Power Rangers theme song itself was pretty badass, especially the extended version.

[YOUTUBE]I5sVLYQMfe8[/YOUTUBE]

I love the extend verison of the MMPR theme song. I love the movie verison of the main theme a lot as well. xD

[youtube]qNyXU-anhUE[/youtube]

[youtube]gDpmJLA01e0[/youtube]

Seriously, this shit was like an early birthday present. One of the main reasons I never watched Power Rangers as a kid was it's lame-ass villains (that was pretty much my criteria back then: cool bad guys). Then they go and drop this on me!

0:33-0:50. One of the most badass moments in children's television history. There is no debating this, do not even try.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Well apparently Paul Schrier always loved working on and was really into the show. He even tried to make a Bulk and Skull spinoff show if you can believe it.
    To paraphrase the actors who played Bulk/Skull, it would have never worked. There's not enough cakes in the world for them to fall into.

LOVE AND PEACE

Power Rangers continuously got better with ever new season until in Space. Then after Space it got continuously worse until it became nothing but sheer garbage in Wild Force.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

Bring back Bull & Skull or I don't want shit.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bunshindattebayo View Post
    Bring back Bull & Skull or I don't want shit.
    How about if they bring back Bulk & Skull.
    Last edited by Darkstorm; October 2nd, 2009 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Dong Dong Dong Dong Dong Dong LORD ZEDD

Goddamn Power Rangers sucked.

I say that as a tremendous former fan.

But when you've gotta series that in its home country, is considered to be for children, then brought over to the States and GUTTED and watered down to the extent that it makes 4Kids One Piece look like fucking Ninja Scroll, it's gotta be Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Now, for a kid, the show is amazing. Changing robots are retarded cool despite what plots surround them. When you've got changing robots based on dinosaurs you might as well expect prepubescent males across the globe to suddenly blow a premature load.

But there's simply no defending the 'dramatic' portion of the show. It was and is crap. Crap that I absolutely adored as a kid and have fond memories of, but I would never, ever want to revist that realm as an adult. It'd be like someone kicking me in the groin saying, "See, this is why you were an outcast until high school."

Think I'll go cry now.
    Last edited by Greg; October 2nd, 2009 at 10:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information