+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartoon Network

Default Re: CN in hot water.

The problem is, though, that they still do need a good new cartoon every now and then to continue to thrive and grow. Maybe if they hired some of the old writers and got the magic flowing again and then reevaluated the things that people like, they could pick up again.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

My name is a Killing Word Zyordius's Avatar

The live action crap was a big mistake. I watch cartoon network for cartoons. What i miss are the looney tunes. On New Year's day the had a marathon, i laughed more that day then a week of watching normal CN programming. CN has had some good new cartoons, i'm a fan of Flapjack and Chowder mainly because they remind me of old school toons and Adult Swim is just awesome(probably one of the only things keeping it alive). But i'm not a fan of this Total Drama Island we have to replay the whole season 6 times like it was DBZ, the other Total Drama Action same as the last show, that Sixteen show which is made by the same guy that made TDI/TDA, and that new other show called Stoked that's just like sixteen but at a beach. All made by the same guy, all have the same kind of jokes, it's like all one show.

El Sucio Sánchez SantoryuMaster97's Avatar

I want a fine line of "Ed Edd and Eddy" "samurai Jack" and a full 3 hour anime line.
    Survivor of the Ivotas Holocaust!

XboxLive Gamertag: Big Evil99
    Addiction defines Gravity. Speed over addiction

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    The problem is, though, that they still do need a good new cartoon every now and then to continue to thrive and grow. Maybe if they hired some of the old writers and got the magic flowing again and then reevaluated the things that people like, they could pick up again.
    Heh, if only they thought the same as you..
    My Livejournal/blog
    Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    His character is dull now anyway, he's a smug little ace, I miss the part 1 Shikamaru, the dunce who was actually smart. That whole thematic world is dead and gone and I don't think Kishi even remembers it.

Discovered Stowaway sniperking323's Avatar

They should get replace 6Teen and Stoked with Ed, Edd 'n Eddy and Sgt Frog aka Keroro Gunsou (Which is being dubbed by FUNi now)

Or at least SOME anime near the end!

At this point, reruns of Naruto would be nice (Yes, I'm this desperate)
    Host of Life Lessons: The Gintama Manga Cast!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I'm hoping One Piece has a deus ex machina come its ending. I want to see the Thousand Sunny randomly turn into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann through the power of courage and nakamaship.

Quote Originally Posted by sniperking323 View Post
    They should get replace 6Teen and Stoked with Ed, Edd 'n Eddy and Sgt Frog aka Keroro Gunsou (Which is being dubbed by FUNi now)

Or at least SOME anime near the end!

At this point, reruns of Naruto would be nice (Yes, I'm this desperate)
    hahahaha, you still watch TV? I left that device awhile back.

Discovered Stowaway sniperking323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Narutossss View Post
    hahahaha, you still watch TV? I left that device awhile back.

Yeah, but it's mostly in the mornings

Other than that, it really just depends on what's on
    Host of Life Lessons: The Gintama Manga Cast!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I'm hoping One Piece has a deus ex machina come its ending. I want to see the Thousand Sunny randomly turn into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann through the power of courage and nakamaship.

CN shot themselves in the foot becoming obsessed with ratings and the same demographics they lust for that Nick and Disney have. They're now pretty much "generic kids network" now and...if it weren't for Secret Saturdays, Batman, Pokemon (yes, I still watch that) and Bleach, I would have just cut the cord on them completely now. (Chowder is fun but not something I really need all the time)
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Plan A Obiously. Seriously CN now (even the nickname) sucks ass. Bring back Toonami on the weekdays and see how the ratings will go.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDawg View Post
    Here's what they should do.Plan A:Put on a bunch of good cartoons from the 90s and see how much there ratings go up then put all of those shows back on and maybe make some new episodes of them.Or plan B:Keep all of these piece o' shit cartoons on and rot in hell by 2010.

Whats better Plan A or Plan B?
    None of the above.

You know how each generation needs to have its own special brand of music? Cartoons of yesteryear aren't going to please little kids who think their older brothers/sisters or even PARENTS used to watch those cartoons when they were younger.

It's all part of the whole "individuality" and "maturity" insecurities that plague middle American populations.

Old cartoons aren't going to be tolerated. This is why even with old characters like Mickey Mouse, his old cartoons aren't even broadcast on any Disney channel affiliate. He's always in new material.

Looney Tunes used to be an exception, but no more...
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Well good....maybe this will move someone to start getting the station back to playing shows that don't suck so much. I used to love CN, but now other than Venture Bros. I won't touch it.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    None of the above.

You know how each generation needs to have its own special brand of music? Cartoons of yesteryear aren't going to please little kids who think their older brothers/sisters or even PARENTS used to watch those cartoons when they were younger.

It's all part of the whole "individuality" and "maturity" insecurities that plague middle American populations.

Old cartoons aren't going to be tolerated. This is why even with old characters like Mickey Mouse, his old cartoons aren't even broadcast on any Disney channel affiliate. He's always in new material.

You're wrong. Tell that to all the freaking 7 year olds watching their continous Star Wars... Old movie still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    None of the above.

Despite the fact that they still play Tom and Jerry like every day at the same time they have been since I was born, I agree it seems like every year they come out with some way to re-hash an old cartoon.

For example Scooby Doo

We had Scooby doo re-runs from the 70s as a kid and all the spin off that came before the 90s were re ran as well

then what's new scooby doo

then the two live action movies

a plethora of straight to dvd movies ( that started off good with Zombie Island and slowly everything began to suck)

a kids wb spin off called "Shaggy and Scooby Doo get a clue" with terrible modernized animation and the worst shaggy voice I have ever heard.

The upcoming made for TV movie which has the Mystery Inc gang as a bunch of tweens

and last but not least a new series that will be airing on cartoon network in late 2009 called Scooby-doo Mystery inc.

Cartoon Network would be smart to just go back to how things were when we were all younger

CN is dead. It's dead to me, it has very little chance of getting better with that stupid CEO in charge, and they're fucking clueless as to why everybody hates that they're showing live action. The cancellation of the Cartoonstitute came way after the fate of the company had been decided by CN Real, and it's sad that such a thing could happen. Now don't think I'm being a RomanGod here, CN isn't my life, but it's still sad for something that had affected my childhood in a good way is turning into crap.

Well, the only *new* show I watch on CN is Batman: The Brave and the Bold and guess what? Australia is now airing more episodes and airing them earlier than the place that made them! This is just like how they took Funi's OP off of CN here.

The best memory I've had with Cartoon Network (or Toonami) was when every day after school at 5:30 a new episode of Dragon Ball Z would come on and I would be on that tv everyday just watching the magic. I'm sad that the new generation of kids won't get that same magic of a show since this channel went to fucking hell...(even though now I watch that dub and I think it was a little crap it still was exciting to me back in the day)

Anyone remember this epic piece of awesome?

[YOUTUBE]mrJsm0Qd0sA[/YOUTUBE]

I miss when CN would treat all of its viewers, child or adult, much more maturely. Everything had much more of a creative and original feel to it.

Oh well.

Memories....all alone in the moonlight....

The originality is what still keeps me attracted to those golden age cartoons to this day. I guess it's expected, though. They went through a 'searching period' to find what audiences liked and thus allowed many creative and original cartoonists do their work. Then, when they decided that they knew what audiences wanted, originality ended and they churned out the same shows over and over again, never considering that originality was a major factor in the audience's enjoyment.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

When I was a kid I used to never want to watch anything live action but that's basically all that's on nowadays. It's weird .

Part Time Lurker OrangeNinjasSucks's Avatar

Okay you know Cartoon Network is fucked up when they start adding Live Action Non-Cartoon shows. The fucking channel is called CARTOON NETWORK!

3DS FRIEND CODE: 0344-9293-6833

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information