Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartoon Network

Default Re: CN in hot water.

i miss cartoon cartoon fridays
    Hi MF

My name is a Killing Word Zyordius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeNinjasSucks View Post
    Okay you know Cartoon Network is fucked up when they start adding Live Action Non-Cartoon shows. The fucking channel is called CARTOON NETWORK!
    I know, right? That would be like a channel called MTV(Music Television) not showing music. Thank goodness that hasn't happened yet.

@Taboo- Me too...

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    i miss cartoon cartoon fridays
    Me too. Random cartoon characters hosting.

They never said anything that interesting, but it was amusing to watch in between shows.

I was always so pumped to watch the newest episodes of Powerpuff and Ed, Edd, and Eddy. I loved the other shows too (I really too, Johnny, Dexter, and C+C), but CCF was booming about the time PPG and EEaE came around.
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BazookaNavy View Post
    You're wrong. Tell that to all the freaking 7 year olds watching their continous Star Wars... Old movie still going strong.
    FYI, when kids say they love SW nine times out of ten they're referring to the new movies and not the old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by RuNa View Post
    Well, the only *new* show I watch on CN is Batman: The Brave and the Bold and guess what? Australia is now airing more episodes and airing them earlier than the place that made them! This is just like how they took Funi's OP off of CN here.
    I'm really surprised that is popular, why didn't the fanboy farm arm itself with torches and pitchforks when everyone found out how camp it was?
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    FYI, when kids say they love SW nine times out of ten they're referring to the new movies and not the old ones.

I'm really surprised that is popular, why didn't the fanboy farm arm itself with torches and pitchforks when everyone found out how camp it was?
    Because there were already 4 years of "The Batman" (along with Kung Fu Penguin and Rastafarian Kung Fu Joker) to dissapoint us and get us used to the fact the Timm/Dini era was over.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

They probably could do with totally wiping out CN and starting over with a channel thats more AS viewer orientated.

No not play AS shows during the day (still keep the dirty stuff at night) but replace all this garbage now and put back in Looney Toons, their original 90s cartoons, TOONAMI BEFORE IT SUCKED BALLS, and like their old saturday line-up of good anime that wasn't childish or too over the top adult before toonami took it over (Rurouni Kenshin, .hack//SIGN, etc. etc)

Nick could do the same thing with a Classic Nick channel.

.... Why are they letting themselves just flush these stations down the toliet with this toliet humor and live action garbage?

. tumblr
    . mfc .
    . ask for FB or AIM/Skype .
    . psn squeesax . 3DS FC: 3797-6626-6957 .

the days were toonami was 4-7 and Archie was on at 6am is over

This Live series is dull.. and seems most now

this is why i only watch Banana splits and Wacky racers

(I wish there were DVDs of these series)
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

The Other White Meat Capt Haggis's Avatar

Truth is I blame boomerang.

CN was sitting pretty running the classics and doing well with some new shows, so they created boomerang and moved the classics there to make room for more new stuff.

Then they went overboard put to many staples on boomerang to try and attact viewers there, while trying to fill the gap with new stuff on CN. Which is where they got stuck.

They have the good stuff that made it's niche on boomerang, but not enough viewers migrated there, and new stuff on CN that some of the newer generation likes, giving them two rather poor networks.

Right now the choices are stay the course and hope to find something to turn it around, or merge the two and risk losing the viewers they have.

Your daily heaping helping of haggis.

I'd think they'd be more upset with the fact that the show isn't like Batman TAS since that's apparently the standard which all new Batman cartoons should adhere to even if comes off looking redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Haggis View Post
    Truth is I blame boomerang.

CN was sitting pretty running the classics and doing well with some new shows, so they created boomerang and moved the classics there to make room for more new stuff.Then they went overboard put to many staples on boomerang to try and attact viewers there,
    Considering how all that older stuff had no new episodes in the tank, and sat on the channel taking up space that could've been reserved for something else didn't seem like a bad idea to me. Besides Boomerang's purpose even as block always revolved around them airing older stuff even when in it's earliest days that's what Cartoon Network for the most part consisted of, until around 95 or 96 when they started churning out some newer material.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; August 11th, 2009 at 09:33 PM.

It's hard to describe, but it takes the camp and makes it awesome camp

it could be cooler, but it CHOSE to be campy, and it does it with style
    Hi MF

CN knows they are Cartoon Network, but they don't care. Hell, their new music video makes it pretty clear. You all need to watch this:
    [youtube]Fwlb2gGEk54[/youtube]
    The message is pretty much "We don't care if the older generation doesn't want this. Got it through your head?"

Hard to imagine that's the same guy as this:
    [youtube]cuw7tcftAoU[/youtube]

God, I remember the Jose and the Pussycats bump, as well as the Jabber Jaws. I never seen either series really, tho.

Really? Where was this conducted?

But think about the good ol' 90s Cartoon Network. It was awesome
    with Toonami on the Weekdays AND Rising Sun
    I miss my Dragon Ball, Tenchi Muyo, Thundercats and DBZ movies.

Plus the Cartoon Network Shows were good too
    Johnny Bravo,Cow and Chicken, I Am Weasel, What a Cartoon and just a lot more that I can't remember....
    Man I feel old.....

3DS FRIEND CODE: 0344-9293-6833

Your Mom Is HOt, Oh Girl Kaizoku_Mugen's Avatar
    it matters not cuz my mind is always drifting....

i think CN just forgot somewhere along they are [bold]CArtoon[/bold] Network. Seriously ! get your shit together!

Those music videos make me want to walk up to the president and punch her in the face.

Oh man, I remember when CN first came on and I was stuck at my dads and thats ALL they would watch and all the old ones repeated over and that drove me crazy until they started stuff like Dexter, Cow and Chicken, Johnny Bravo (I REALLY miss that show!).

The IDEA of Boomerang was good but why don't people watch that like they watch TV Land? Well obviously, I can't stand some of the old shows after the constant watching of them and bad memories but most people forget that Boomerang even exists half the time.

Man, I don't want to get "real" with the TV shows I watch on CN. That totally defeats the purpose of most cartoons.

CN is almost dead to me. If they were not making it convienent to watch KOTH every night I would not even bother (and I do like that 6Teen show for some strange reason, it comes on right before KOTH so I'll watch it sometimes, it's actually somewhat decent (Canadians have done it right with some of their cartoons)).

. tumblr
    . mfc .

meh

I don't really have a problem with dropping some of the older shows, because let's face it: there is nothing worse than beating a good thing into the ground.

I don't see why they can't come up with new good shows, instead of goofy knock off anime/tweeny bob 6teen-ish/live action shows

KOTH is a good show and if you dont like it then you are dumb
    Hi MF

Member of the GrandZoans Shaman monk's Avatar

yeah these reality shows make no sense what so ever.it is not even appealing.i mostly watch cartoon network these days for
    batman
    chowder
    and flapjack because those are some good shows
    WITH IN ALL OF US IS SOME KIND OF ANIMAL AND IT IS UP TO US IF WE CHOOSE TO RELEASE IT - WORDS FROM A LAZY WHALE

^ Slam Ball is the one that makes the least amount of sense especially when you consider Spike TV gave it a go and it failed there.

Though quite a bit exaggerated, 6teen (not too sure about stoked, I only bothered to watch it once and it's almost like its Rocket Power 2.0 but preppy, blah) is a little bit more... realistic in some of the things it portrays compared to some other shows on CN or in the same genre. It's actually amusing. I never really care for shows like this at all, but this actually made me laugh a few times (though CN is pretty bad about repeating some of the episodes over and over).

With Flapjack and Chowder, words escape me. I mean these were quite literally something pulled out of someone's ass.

And those live actions shows are just crap, and I swear that Survive This! is scripted, or that whiny girl who kept getting sick and holding people back would have been off a lot sooner then she was. I watched it one week, then about a month later I caught part of it again and she was STILL ON THERE.

They definately need more shows like KOTH. It is funny without the potty humor, and when there is potty humor Hank throws a fit which is even funnier.

. tumblr
    . mfc .

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    KOTH is a good show and if you dont like it then you are dumb
    Someone had to say it...

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

Member of the GrandZoans Shaman monk's Avatar

i have to say maybe if they brought kids next door back then they can get some viewers back. no matter how old you get kids next door always had that connection to how little kids felt towards adult.i loved that show so much as a kid
    WITH IN ALL OF US IS SOME KIND OF ANIMAL AND IT IS UP TO US IF WE CHOOSE TO RELEASE IT - WORDS FROM A LAZY WHALE

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information