Closed Thread
Page 2 of 500 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Funimation dvd discussion II ( UPDATED 8/4/12, FIRST POST FOR F.A.Q)

Default Re: Funimation dvd discussion II

I like the look of the new Season 3 covers !
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

Quote Originally Posted by InvaderP View Post
    I hope Season 3 ends after the G8 arc because it would be a little weird if the episodes would suddenly be in widescreen in the same season. Season 4 should begin with the Davy Back Fight, so S4 would be the beginning of the widescreen/HD era. (I'm not sure if DBF and Water 7 already were in HD because HD fan recordings only exist since Enies Lobby)
    I'm not exactly too bothered about the wdescreen format, but aren't the JP dvds in the regular 4:3 aspect ratio? I thought Funimation took all the content (minus the voices of course) from the dvds or am I wrong? Also, Dragon Bal Kai wasn't released in the widescreen format like it was on Japanese TV.

Support One Piece in the UK! Buy One Piece on DVD from Manga Entertainment!

Do we have any more info on these 26-episode FUNimation boxsets?
    One Piece Unleashed- Production Manager; Voice Actor for Monkey D. Luffy

Tales of Kingdom Hearts iMustang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superneku View Post
    I'm not exactly too bothered about the wdescreen format, but aren't the JP dvds in the regular 4:3 aspect ratio? I thought Funimation took all the content (minus the voices of course) from the dvds or am I wrong? Also, Dragon Bal Kai wasn't released in the widescreen format like it was on Japanese TV.
    You're referring to the TV aired version right? Because my Kai dvds are definitely in widescreen.

There's no doubt in my mind season 4 will be everything Davy Back Fight - Post Enies Lobby. Season 5+ is the tricky part, since there's no way they can cram all of Arc 5 into one season. I wouldn't be surprised if they made Thriller Bark (or maybe Thriller Bark - Sabody?) one season, then Amazon Lily+ another.

Spoiler:
    It would make sense if you think about it. Once the Strawhats are separated it's a good chance for a new season title

Quote Originally Posted by iMustang View Post
    You're referring to the TV aired version right? Because my Kai dvds are definitely in widescreen.
    What? It's been said many times that both American Kai DVDs and Blu-rays are 4:3...

207-325 would only be two sets longer than Season Two, were it to count as Season Four (four more discs, for a totaly of eighteen for a complete season set).
    "I always think that true geniuses are those who excrete their ideas and creations literally like shit, then flush them and never care." -- A fan on Toriyama Akira

Season 3 will undoubtedly end with G8. The only question is if/where Water 7 & Ennis Lobby are split.
    "And One Piece is a great title. We feel we needed to do the
    more authentic dub that's exactly like the Japanese version."

- Gen Fukunaga, CEO and Founder of Funimation

Quote Originally Posted by Charagon View Post
    The only question is if/where Water 7 & Ennis Lobby are split.
    Season 4 Twenty-seventh Voyage?

Laughing at your Worthlessness, Zehahaha~!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post

On July the 6th we can expect Season 3 First Voyage, which will cover 144-156, and on August the 31st Season 3 Second Voyage which will probably cover the 13 episodes after that.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../opseason3.jpg

And that's pretty much where we are now.
    FUNi trolled meh. Those bastards, right before my birthday! D:<

2nd Member of Vepe's Pack!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    You're so awesome puffin. Thank God you just barely joined in 2009.

Tales of Kingdom Hearts iMustang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey D. Luffy View Post
    What? It's been said many times that both American Kai DVDs and Blu-rays are 4:3...
    If that is true, then my 360 does an amazing job stretching them on my HD tv without distorting the quality

The Revolution Senshi! Onepieceanimefan23's Avatar

It depends on how many voyages this season will have cause season 2 had 7, so i'm not sure how long this one will be

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    Season 4 Twenty-seventh Voyage?
    Nine, more like.

First: 207-219 (13)
    Second: 220-232 (13)
    Third: 233-245 (13)
    Fourth: 246-258 (13)
    Fifth: 259-271 (13)
    Sixth: 272-284 (13)
    Seventh: 285-298 (14)
    Eighth: 299-312 (14)
    Nineth: 313-325 (13)
    "I always think that true geniuses are those who excrete their ideas and creations literally like shit, then flush them and never care." -- A fan on Toriyama Akira

Quote Originally Posted by superneku View Post
    Kai was produced in Fullscreen, It was cropped into Widescreen for TV, the version we have on DVD and Blu here in the states is the whole picture.

I'll be interviewing Mike McFarland tomorrow, I'll ask him where the line is drawn between Seasons 3 and 4 and what's gonna happen with the Widescreen.
    Nothing here for now

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    A bit of history for those just getting in.

One Piece was originally picked up in the US by 4kids, who released a universally hated dub. The primary problems were cuts & edits to individual episodes, some awful voice casting and whole arcs being skipped. They limped on to the 143rd episode(although due to the skipping at this point they had only dubbed 104 of them), with 52 of these episodes being released on dvd with the same problems as they had when they aired on tv.

Then thankfully they dropped the license, funi picked it up and released movie 8, perhaps as a taster of what was to come - unedited episodes with a japanese track, subtitles and a good english dub.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...pmovieviii.jpg

They also dubbed Skypeia for tv, this aired on cartoon network a couple of years ago, but sadly CN dropped it - supposedly as they wanted to air less Japanese animation.

Since then, Funimation have released more then double the episodes on dvd that 4kids did in the same amount of time, over the last 2 years 130 episodes were released on dvd:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...oneupdated.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../opseason2.jpg

And this month with season 2 voyage seven, this has been brought to 143 episodes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...on2current.jpg

Which has ended the post-arabasta filler.

On July the 6th we can expect Season 3 First Voyage, which will cover 144-156, and on August the 31st Season 3 Second Voyage which will probably cover the 13 episodes after that.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../opseason3.jpg

And that's pretty much where we are now.
    lovely history lesson and the season three covers look great, a giant leap from the previous covers. and that's saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Kai was produced in Fullscreen, It was cropped into Widescreen for TV, the version we have on DVD and Blu here in the states is the whole picture.

I'll be interviewing Mike McFarland tomorrow, I'll ask him where the line is drawn between Seasons 3 and 4 and what's gonna happen with the Widescreen.
    Awesome! At least we won't need to argue and debate about it if we get a straight answer one way or the other.

Just watched the Zenny arc, or "Goat Sex Island", whichever you prefer. While at the bottom of the filler arcs for One Piece, I think I like this one more than Rainbow Mist. It has some funny moments, enough to make it enjoyable. Not to mention it only lasted for 3 episodes. Unlike Rainbow Mist, that seems to be like 6 or 7.

The only thing I still can't figure out is how Robin got that enormous bump on her head... And an "anime bump" on Robin of all people feels to out of character.

Well, I'll hold off on Rainbow Mist until after the weekend.

I wouldn't put it past Funi to go for nine voyages for Season 4, but if they decide to split it, Episode 258/259 would be a decent stop point. End the season with Sogeking on the train.

That'd make it four voyages for S4 and five voyages for S5.
    "And One Piece is a great title. We feel we needed to do the
    more authentic dub that's exactly like the Japanese version."

- Gen Fukunaga, CEO and Founder of Funimation

lol yeah i love Sogeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobjr View Post
    When I die I want to get shot out of a cannon. Scare the hell out of someone.

Alright DVD discussion part 2. It feels weird but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Charagon View Post
    I wouldn't put it past Funi to go for nine voyages for Season 4, but if they decide to split it, Episode 258/259 would be a decent stop point. End the season with Sogeking on the train.

That'd make it four voyages for S4 and five voyages for S5.
    I also have a feeling it's going to be 9 voyages, since as of now they're obviously dividing the seasons by Sagas. I can see them breaking it up too, but I still think they're more likely to go with 9 voyages for continuity's sake. Heck, they just did 7 voyages, what's 2 more. But I'd also say 9 is the max. Double-digit Voyages... just saying it sounds awkward.
    Why post just one rank from one site when you can post two!
    Gambit ____________________________________________ Current Game

Feel free to friend request me. Just let me know your from AP Forums.

Amazon got Season 3, Part 2 for $34.99.

http://www.amazon.com/One-Piece-Seas...144873&sr=1-22

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    Amazon got Season 3, Part 2 for $34.99.

http://www.amazon.com/One-Piece-Seas...144873&sr=1-22
    You can get yours with the FUNi sale in RightStuf for $29.99, and with gotAnime $26.99

Closed Thread

Thread Information