Closed Thread
Page 340 of 500 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 338 339 340 341 342 350 390 440 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,800 of 9998

Thread: Funimation dvd discussion II ( UPDATED 8/4/12, FIRST POST FOR F.A.Q)

Default Re: Funimation dvd discussion II (PLEASE READ FIRST POST FOR F.A.Q.)

Season 4 will most likely be 5 Voyages.

This means even if FUNi were dumb enough to release Collections for it at the same time thye'd have to wait until Season 5 is licensed to release all of Season 4 (since each Collection is two Voyages put together).

Honestly, I'd be pissed if they switched to Collections only (not that they would). I'd end up blowing through the episodes in couple days and have half the season already finished...

Quote Originally Posted by Zek View Post
    That might work for some, ​but won't work on me!

What a poor business strategy! FUNimation clearly just wants to make money and not make the fans happy.

Buisness and profit will always come first,but I'm sure you knew that. besides,why blow through all the new episodes in two collection releases (i think they acquired 50 or so episodes) only to put us back on the hiatus waiting list again.

Well be back to whining about a new season.

( edit:^^^^wow i was late on this response)

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

^ I was being partly facetious.

Also: I'm already whining about wanting the next-next season. I shall continue to whine until they are caught up, then I'll find something else to whine about...perhaps the weather.

If you really want them to get the next seasons as soon as possible then you should get the Voyages instead of waiting over a year for Season 4 Collections. The more Season 4 sells at release the higher the chances are of a smaller gap for Season 5 or maybe even no gap at all.

^Exactly what i was getting at,i really do hate people that do this. I know we are in a struggling economy but sheesh

Season 4 will probably be 5 Voyages, like Maron stated, and once they are finished releasing, we'll probably have another 5 month period (or less depending on how these Voyages sell) of negotiations. Collection 9 and 10 will have the first 4 Voyages of Season 4. And since FUNimation isn't big on the consistency of the Collections, Collection 11 will probably not be released until after Season 5 has been released, with the last Voyage of Season 4 put together with the first Voyage of Season 5.

Again, the Collections were made for bargain, and since they don't take priority over the Voyage release they are not the de facto product and therefore will not receive any special treatment other than what they already offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Rock Lee: What is it Kakashi sensei?
    Kakashi: It was as if a million fangirls cried out in agony and were suddenly silenced!

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    ^Exactly what i was getting at,i really do hate people that do this. I know we are in a struggling economy but sheesh

Well I'm sorry you hate me Mr. Tapatalk, I'm actually quite upset by that.

Had I started with the Voyages, then yeah, this would be no problem. But since I have the first 5 collections already sitting on my shelf, voyages would be out of place. PLus: Yeah, the price on those will add up in a way that I don't like. So ya'll can buy the voyages, and I'll impatiently wait for collections, sound like a good plan?

That might work for some, ​but won't work on me!

What a poor business strategy! FUNimation clearly just wants to make money and not make the fans happy.

I made this terrible username almost 6 years ago!

Again, I was joking.

I come from the Transformers fandom, that exact thing I said is thrown around as a joke a lot, so perhaps I should have provided context, I'm sorry.

Well I'm sorry you hate me Mr. Tapatalk, I'm actually quite upset by that.

Had I started with the Voyages, then yeah, this would be no problem. But since I have the first 5 collections already sitting on my shelf, voyages would be out of place. PLus: Yeah, the price on those will add up in a way that I don't like. So ya'll can buy the voyages, and I'll impatiently wait for collections, sound like a good plan?
    I just think it's kinda silly for people to whine about us not having the next seasons when the Voyages help out a lot more than the Collections do and they refuse to buy them (not talking about you specifically). Obviously it's better than getting nothing though.

Right, absolutely. The show needs support, and the Voyages make that happen.

As long as your voting with your wallet its fine.but would be awesome if you could support the voyage releases when they make their debut as well,more specifically the season four ones: is all i was trying to say

Edit: IMHO the voyages speak better to them on how much the fans care/appreciate their work, than any bundled release ever could. But hey who cares,your buying them either way.

people assume way too much in this thread. I think its highly likely the voyages will continue , and i have no problem with that. However I suppose they could release the episodes in collection form and boost the price perhaps.
    Last edited by gum gum jet bazooka11; March 17th, 2012 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gum gum jet bazooka11 View Post
    people assume way too much in this thread. I think its highly likely the voyages will continue , and i have no problem with that. However I suppose they could release the episodes in collection form and boost the price perhaps.
    And make the price price 99.99$? Because that's what the MSRP would have to be for FUNi to make as much profit as they would doing the voyages. I am sure all of us would like 26 episode collections for season 4, but it's just not profitable for FUNimation and it is not affordable(for most).
    I made this terrible username almost 6 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by LUFFY#1 fan View Post
    And make the price price 99.99$? Because that's what the MSRP would have to be for FUNi to make as much profit as they would doing the voyages.
    Then no one's gonna buy it.

...That was LUFFY#1 fan's point.

Oh...
    Well if that's the case then, I'm with LUFFY#1 fan.
    That would be rather bone-headed of FUNi if that happened.

I have a question that may or may not fit into here. I don't wanna start a new thread for it anyway.

In Little Garden/ Alabasta, does Sanji say "Welcome to the Crab Cafe" or "Welcome to the Crap Cafe?" I'm having a hard time hearing the end of the word...

....I could check the subtitles but...this seems easier somehow.

He's saying "Crap".

Alright, thanks Doctor Bad.

Update: And now I've watched my way through Alabasta...again...

It's a shame that half of Collection 6 is filler...oh well.
    Last edited by Zek; March 20th, 2012 at 09:45 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information