+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Manga/Anime Recomendation Thread

Default Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IceBorg View Post
    From chapter 1 of course and don't give up early.
    What he/she said. I know the first few volumes are painful but they're crucial to building up characters and setting the world. Trust me, it'll be MORE than worth it afterwards;)

Looking for anything that is licensed(in the U.S and finished) preferably seinin or short. Also it can't be something so obscure that I need to hunt down or it's out of publishing for obvious reasons
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w2fi_f5OLY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_rP5SDvyKI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lchaAtrwkE4 - Up and coming artist
    Need a new place to read manga? PM me.
    Need a online place to buy manga/anime or merchandise? PM me

Long time ago before onemanga and other online readers exsisted i read mangas by bying them and now that onemanga closed i'm going back to my roots.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea View Post
    I won this thread.
    Hidden:
    thx sea, i ordered vagabond, eden, homunculus, blade of the immortal, bastard, black lagoon and battle angel alita. All of them are good especially
    Alita, Eden and Vagabond. Imo Black lagoon was the weakest, perhaps it gets better. And i think this picture misses xxxHolic and Biomega.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

I tried reading Negima but the beginning was too trash for me to bear it any longer.

I'll probably try again, maybe when it's completed.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    I tried reading Negima but the beginning was too trash for me to bear it any longer.

I'll probably try again, maybe when it's completed.
    Which could either be in the next two years or the next eight years depending on whether the current arc will lead to something far bigger or not.

Thanks to people for recommending Sket Dance. I picked it up lately and it's a really funny manga, worth reading.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Cool Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    Which could either be in the next two years or the next eight years depending on whether the current arc will lead to something far bigger or not.
    Possibly around when One Piece finishes. I'd be fine with that.

EDIT

I figure more ppl might be looking in this thread with the upcoming month.
    Last edited by Zik; August 23rd, 2010 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Now is the fall of our discontent.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

I recommend Journey to the End of the world. Is an expressionist, dreamlike manga, with a nice message and with really really deep execution. And the art is quite unique.

This is a Seinen series I'm translating I think is really good.
    http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=19567

It's about climbing and loneliness.

Is Berserk as good as some people make it out to be? Myanimelist.com has it rated as the #1 manga (OP is #7 I believe?) I just want to know if it was worth the investment to start collecting a 30+ volume series? For the record I have really enjoyed Claymore (I have heard some people compare Claymore and Berserk.)

OP is off for a month soon so I need something to do (manga wise) so I was hoping Berserk would fill that void (though I still have to finish Vagabond - which is very very awesome.)

Beserk is what I need when i want violence and awesome in the same manga.

So yeah read it, its very good.

Also i can recommend Shin Angyo Onshi as well. Great great Manwha. I would call it the Korean Berserk, it is just that great now go and read it dammit !! :P
    "I am honest, I never lie, and only tell the truth. Now what do you consider a lie, and what do I consider the truth."

I wouldn't call it the Korean Berserk.

But, Shin Angyo Onshi is still quite a good read. Very engaging indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by city_lights31 View Post
    Is Berserk as good as some people make it out to be? Myanimelist.com has it rated as the #1 manga (OP is #7 I believe?) I just want to know if it was worth the investment to start collecting a 30+ volume series? For the record I have really enjoyed Claymore (I have heard some people compare Claymore and Berserk.)

OP is off for a month soon so I need something to do (manga wise) so I was hoping Berserk would fill that void (though I still have to finish Vagabond - which is very very awesome.)
    Claymore is Berserk Light. If you enjoy it, you'll love Berserk.

The Golden Age arc is some of the best storytelling there is. Period. Not in manga. Just, sheer storytelling, characterization, and art.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Default Manga recommendations?

While there is a 4 week break in One Piece, I would like to look for some other gd manga to read to fill in the time, so what better then to ask u guys. Please let me know what u like to read, all suggestions r appreciated n wanted!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Default Re: Manga recommendations?

http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=28226

Try this thread for some good suggestions.

cheers for the help, i think that should tie me over til the next OP chapter lol

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Shame onemanga died :S don't know where else you can read it...

Part 1 = Slow Start...
    Part 2 = Gets Epic.
    Part 3 = The Most Epical Part ever, So Epical it Became An OVA
    Part 4 = Bad Translations, beware.
    Part 5 = Also Epic.
    Part 6 = ...
    Part 7 = Haven't read it all, but it's still quite interesting it's an AU version :)

And if you can't find that or want something shorter, then may I recommend Deadman Wonderland? it's quite gorey (as is JJBA), but t is interesting and also quite epic, may I add.

E1N on DeviantArt proposed us to re-read One Piece. Itīs just 2 volumes per day so nobody can say itīs impossible

Iīm doing it :3

Can someone recommend me a manga like Soul Eater, One Piece or Fullmetal Alchemist? You know, shonen with great characters, sometimes up-beat, sometimes dark and a axciting story. Animes should do too, though mangas which had good Anime adaptions (like FMA Brotherhood) would be perfect.
    ~
    Last edited by LosKnoggos; September 1st, 2010 at 11:54 AM. Reason: and don't you dare say Naruto or Bleach
    "Going against the flow? Just means you're swimming in place. One day you are too tired to paddle, and suddenly you drown. Whole thing was pointless and now you're dead THE END. Now, going with the flow is where it's at - and that's the dandy way to live."
    - Space Dandy

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information