+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 477 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 9524

Thread: General Shueisha TOC and News

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Must....resist....nuke joke........I...Hate.....JAPAN's LITTLE SLUTS!!

but beelzebub and toriko did good!!!

and it's not like whatever way kubo bombs this series it will be canceled, he has too many fans it's a sad but honest truth his volume's probably sell better then almost any other series

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Darkest Timeline Prevented Kareem Said's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    Bleach is 6th. One Piece was beaten by Naruto. Magico is bottom. Fuck the Japanese kids.
    And Reborn beats Gintama and Hunter x Hunter. So yes I feel your pain.

Hey man at least Sket Dance scored 3rd. That's something right?

@Oga Simpson. The Narutards think those chapters were "HEAURT BREAYKING!!!" .... So Yeah. What do you expect.

Edit: Btw. People are going a bit far with the "FUCK JAPAN!!" thing. Is this week disappointing. Definitely. Do I automatically disapprove of getting angry at small minded Japanese children for their shallow minded opinions? No actually. But know when you've gone too far, alright.

But as I said before this might be the most disappointing week this whole year. Bleach at 6th. Gintama at 5th lowest. Naruto at 1st. Katsura and Franky are ashamed!

And, um Choperman, Beelzebub wasn't ranked this week. I sure hope it does well next week. Not cause I'm particularly worried it'll get cancelled but simply because it's a good series and thusly deserves to do well in the manga rankings.
    Last edited by Kareem Said; September 14th, 2011 at 02:09 PM.
    Proud member of the Beelzebub and Negima are awesome crews.
    Toonami is back. All is right again.
    Say it with me now: New shows, same Toonami.

is Stolen

I think the weekly TOC provides an interesting insight into what the most diehard of diehard Shonen JUMP fans ask for in their manga,

But I think WE may put too much stock in it. Unless one of the popular manga you read is swimming in the bottom ranks for a good long while and risks cancellation, it's probably best not to get to worked up over it.

It sort of encourages the increasingly charged "THIS SERIES SUCKS" "THAT SERIES ROCKS" "--and the TOC proves it" atmosphere around here and there ain't much payoff to it - in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

I'm going to come right out and say it: I'm starting to find it rather obnoxious that what feels like three-quarters of the posts in this thread each and every week are always complaints about how it sucks that Bleach is high up, or gloating at how low it may happen to be. It comes off as rather...obsessive, especially since I feel that Bleach isn't a story that deserves that kind of attention to begin with.
    Last edited by Crossword; September 13th, 2011 at 08:00 PM.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

is Stolen

Basically. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Thank you Crossword. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I'm going to come right out and say it: I'm starting to find it rather obnoxious that what feels like three-quarters of the posts in this thread each and every week are always complaints about how it sucks that Bleach is high up, or gloating at how low it may happen to be. It comes off as rather...obsessive, especially since I feel that Bleach isn't a story that deserves that kind of attention to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    Thank you Crossword. You took the words right out of my mouth.
    So, by your logic, it's okay to bitch about the quality (or lack thereof) of Twilight or Transformers, but not about how popular they are?

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

No, I'm just personally getting tired of seeing the discussion dominated by the exact same complaints by the exact same people on the exact same subject week after week after week. All it's doing is endlessly going in stagnant circles.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Crossword beat me to this but eh whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    So, by your logic, it's okay to bitch about the quality (or lack thereof) of Twilight or Transformers, but not about how popular they are?
    Literally all this thread devolves into is "OMG YAY BLEACH IS LOW", "OH NO BLEACH IS HIGH", and "OH NO THIS SERIES I LIKE IS LOW JAPANESE KIDS ARE DUMB". Every. Damn. Week.

Now I'm all for picking apart Bleach. It is a horrid series. And there are series I like that can get rather jarring low ratings every once in awhile, Magico currently being one of them. But surely we can discuss more than just these things every time? It is irritating and there are threads where you can discuss the awfulness of Bleach or whatever series some fan is losing their shit over so I don't have to see the same people posting the same thing every time.

Lets change the subject shall we? Magico sucks.
    Last edited by Sakonosolo; September 13th, 2011 at 09:29 PM. Reason: trolololololololol
    In the wrong light everything is chance
    Does it register? Do you wanna dance?
    In the right light it's a miracle
    Possibilities
    Do you wanna dance?

Well one thing that might help is ending the Bleach Naruto thread and stop with the funny titles, for more that I enjoy to bash the chapters when they are sucky, which is almost every week for sometime now, we don't need to exagerate, I think the thread and the constant joke titles invite this time of behaviour.

Credits to Chrissie for the signature and Nia for the avatar
    Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru

No, I'm just personally getting tired of seeing the discussion dominated by the exact same complaints by the exact same people on the exact same subject week after week after week. All it's doing is endlessly going in stagnant circles.
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    Literally all this thread devolves into is "OMG YAY BLEACH IS LOW", "OH NO BLEACH IS HIGH", and "OH NO THIS SERIES I LIKE IS LOW JAPANESE KIDS ARE DUMB". Every. Damn. Week.

Now I'm all for picking apart Bleach. It is a horrid series. And there are series I like that can get rather jarring low ratings every once in awhile, Magico currently being one of them. But surely we can discuss more than just these things every time? It is irritating and there are threads where you can discuss the awfulness of Bleach or whatever series some fan is losing their shit over so I don't have to see the same people posting the same thing every time.
    Great. By all means, start talking about something other than Bleach's ranking. That or you could close the thread, Crossword.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Tru dat.

And about NarBle sucking: ONE PIECE FORUM.
    OP becomes a divine masterpiece, under-rated manga become nice or cool, and over-rated manga become shit completely based on bias and hype.

I volunteer to lead the counter-insurgency that spends every week discussing how awesome it is that Sket Dance is ranked high.

THIRD!

We could talk about how WSJ has had a big demographic shift in the last year:
    Shuisha's 2011 Media guide has been released and it seems there has been quite the demographic shift from last year.

2011 age breakdown:
    Spoiler:

• 9: 2.6%
    • 10-12: 12.2%
    • 13-15: 21.3%
    • 16-18: 16.3%
    • 19-24: 23.1%
    • 25-29: 11.3%
    • 30: 13.2%

2010 demographic breakdown:

Spoiler:

• 9: 5.1%
    • 10-12: 25.9%
    • 13-15: 37.1%
    • 16-18: 21.4%
    • 19-24: 7%
    • 25: 3.5%

Last year, the majority of readers were 18 and younger and this year over 60% are 16 or older. I wonder what this means for the type of series the readers will vote for?

2010 media guide HERE.

original source: Kaiten @MangaHelpers.

honk honk<-foxes say this Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Shut your whore mouth !

I will survive this hell! Kishido's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    What don't you understand? How the series in Jump are ranked? Or why Bleach is back on its way to the top?
    Well how they are ranked but I already found an explanation. Thank You
    Right now, the Marines may be taking me lightly... but I'm telling ya...
    The one who's gonna cause them the most trouble in the end is me… "Black Leg" Sanji!

Quote Originally Posted by igetownd View Post
    Tru dat.

And about NarBle sucking: ONE PIECE FORUM.
    OP becomes a divine masterpiece, under-rated manga become nice or cool, and over-rated manga become shit completely based on bias and hype.
    You're making the assumption that simply because this is a One Piece forum that any series that isn't One Piece isn't regarded with the "respect" they deserve. I assure you that this is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLuffy559 View Post
    We could talk about how WSJ has had a big demographic shift in the last year:
    Shuisha's 2011 Media guide has been released and it seems there has been quite the demographic shift from last year.

2011 age breakdown:

• 9: 2.6%
    • 10-12: 12.2%
    • 13-15: 21.3%
    • 16-18: 16.3%
    • 19-24: 23.1%
    • 25-29: 11.3%
    • 30: 13.2%

2010 demographic breakdown:

• 9: 5.1%
    • 10-12: 25.9%
    • 13-15: 37.1%
    • 16-18: 21.4%
    • 19-24: 7%
    • 25: 3.5%

Last year, the majority of readers were 18 and younger and this year over 60% are 16 or older. I wonder what this means for the type of series the readers will vote for?

2010 media guide HERE.

original source: Kaiten @MangaHelpers.
    That is interesting. I wonder what caused such a shift in readers?

The point of this thread is to discuss the weekly rankings of the manga i.e. how well certain manga are doing. As one can tell, the scope of discussion is very limited from the premise of the thread alone. Add to the fact that most of the manga are either obscure or have their own threads to be discussed (or their own forum in the case of One Piece) and there really isn't anything left except bitching about shitty manga being too high and potential manga being too low. Rather that moan about the bitching, just bring something new to the table we can all discuss. If you can do that, power to you. But if we listened to your complains, this thread would be dead in the water faster than you can say "Bleach sucks".
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information