+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 731 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Psyren should drop off just because they have the whole "train outside of time" bullshit. That is the worse Shonen cliche ever, and it was just a pointless addition to this current "War" they have going on.
    kevinmidas.bandcamp.com
    I'm a musician! Have a listen!

Wait there's another war in Jump ?

Holy shit when did Japan become so militant ?

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Wait there's another war in Jump ?

Holy shit when did Japan become so militant ?
    I was thinking the same... Reborn, Bleach, Naruto (I Think), and OP all had wars generally around the same time. I'm like what the hell is going on?

But you can clearly see which series is the best... by which handled the war concept better overall. If war is meant to be fast paced and engaging, obviously... Bleach wins, lol. And if it's meant to not give you a headache just from the sheer nonsensical ideas, imagery, and abilities that are being thrown at you, shout out to Reborn.
    Last edited by Keo2309; July 2nd, 2010 at 07:31 PM.
    kevinmidas.bandcamp.com

Well Bleach has had it going on since what 2007 ? So it started first

Ps : stil no Metalluca 7 ? :O

When Bleach started it's war, the world Economic Crisis began... coincidence? I think not. Bleach killed the economy =3

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Well Bleach has had it going on since what 2007 ? So it started first

Ps : stil no Metalluca 7 ? :O
    Well, in Bleach's case it's more like he went to save Orihime before the war was actually supposed to start. And then somewhere along the line, it just kind of like, you know, became a war.
    Last edited by Keo2309; July 2nd, 2010 at 07:31 PM.
    kevinmidas.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by x20a View Post
    When Bleach started it's war, the world Economic Crisis began... coincidence? I think not. Bleach killed the economy =3
    It's hard to call war "stand around taking turns killing villains until the big boss wipes the floor of everyone".

BTW: really need to start reading Toriko, may buy the first Viz volume up in NY this weekend. (that and start legitimately collecting KochiKame in case I need to do that for a bit)
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

I think , if I may coment on it , it looked like we would get the "save Orihime" bit , then have some off time in preparation for war and then we would get this thing , but no it starts on the same day .

What other series had a war by bleach chapter 316 or so ?

Quote Originally Posted by Keo2309 View Post
    I was thinking the same... Reborn, Bleach, Naruto (I Think), and OP all had wars generally around the same time. I'm like what the hell is going on?

But you can clearly see which series is the best... by which handled the war concept better overall. If war is meant to be fast paced and engaging, obviously... Bleach wins, lol. And if it's meant to give you a headache just from the sheer nonsensical ideas, imagery, and abilities that are being thrown at you, shout out to Reborn.
    Bleach's war is fast paced and engaging? That statement confuses me or was that a hint of sarcasm?

It was a gigantic wat of sarcasm dipped in mayonaise

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoro Ataru View Post
    It's hard to call war "stand around taking turns killing villains until the big boss wipes the floor of everyone".
    That's a brilliant analogy I don't think anyone has ever applied to Bleach before.

It's a turn-based fighting manga.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Shipmate

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    It's a turn-based fighting manga.
    Sid Meyer's

Civilization

The Manga

That would be a fabulous read.

Quote Originally Posted by Keo2309 View Post

But you can clearly see which series is the best... by which handled the war concept better overall. If war is meant to be fast paced and engaging, obviously... Bleach wins, lol. And if it's meant to not give you a headache just from the sheer nonsensical ideas, imagery, and abilities that are being thrown at you, shout out to Reborn.
    Technically naruto hasn't officially started there war, the war was announced but nothing of it has been shown and probably won't be shown until after this current arc is done.

That bleach series man whoo doggie that made hours fly right by not a single dissapointing moment, revelation after revelation with pulled strings all around and A really nice scene at a carnival.
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

Thanks for starting this, Jacko!

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    Bleach is a turn-based fighting manga.
    So very true, and yet, so very sad.

Here are the bottom dwellers
    Now that Lock On and Kiben Gakuha are gone, the average and newest mangas are in danger. Seems like all the Covers and CPs that Kuroko got during the last months to push this shit aren't helping.

And, who thinks that Shikku and Metallica are going to get cancelled before they reach chapter 18?

Issue 32 Bottom 5:
    Sket Dance 155
    Psyren 126
    Metallica Metalluca 9
    Kuroko no Baske 76
    Shonen Shikku 8
    PTF! Jaguar 430

Issue 33:
    Lead CP: Nurarihyon
    CP: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen, Reborn, Nurarihyon (spin off)
    Last edited by Jacko; July 4th, 2010 at 01:55 PM.

Well I'd like to think MM can stil stay in the magazine , but that depends on these next few chapters .

I think Kuroko should just get the f**k out.

Jacko, I might be wrong but Psyren 126 is not out yet so how can it end in the bottom 5?

No Medaka down there...I guess it has support after all. And...Mettaluca and Shikku just continue '10's futile parade for relevence. (heck, even "Hokusenshitsu no Shinigami" is approaching a year rather safely...)
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Sucks so bad being a fan of Psyren... I've been following it since it started, and it's always been nervewracking seeing it yo-yo in the rankings as it does. Especially after those morons cancelled Double Arts (which was honestly a better series), I've been watching its rankings like a hawk.

It's probably safe for now, especially what with the novelization coming out soon and all, but still.

And Kuroko's being pushed so hard because the editors REEEEEEALLY want a sports manga in the magazine. Too bad nobody outside editorial fucking likes it.
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information