+ Reply to Thread
Page 764 of 764 FirstFirst ... 264 664 714 754 762 763 764
Results 15,261 to 15,277 of 15277

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

  1. #15261

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    If that ToC is real, then I guess the editor decides to axe it because either the editor didn't really see it'll grow in future or Fujimake just want to end it in order to start new one.

    Also, RxL never reached 100k sales (unless you're talking about 1 year sale).
    I'm talking total sales, from vol 1 to 4 it reached 100k and vol 5 reached 75k until the moment:

    First Half of 2018

    Hidden:



  2. #15262
    Discovered Stowaway Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinuki no Reborn View Post
    I'm talking total sales, from vol 1 to 4 it reached 100k and vol 5 reached 75k until the moment:

    First Half of 2018

    Yes, so like more than couple of weeks sales. Plus, the situation still doesn't change.

    Volume 1 of RxL sold 79,396 copies in 13 days while volume 5 (most recent one) sold 63,703 in 12 days which mean the sales didn't even increase (heck, it actually even decreased little bit). Thus, RxL didn't improve its tank sale on last year which clearly didn't give good impression for the editors (plus, its ranking has been horrible). So, I don't surprise this series got axed RxL (at least Act-Age has some chance to increase its volume since its ranking is picking up now).

    At one side, I think RxL should have move to other magazine like Jump+. But, on the other side, I think it would be good for Fujimaki to end this series since it'll give time for Fujimaki to plan for new series (rather than wasting his time on the series with very vague popularity).

  3. #15263

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Yes, so like more than couple of weeks sales. Plus, the situation still doesn't change.

    Volume 1 of RxL sold 79,396 copies in 13 days while volume 5 (most recent one) sold 63,703 in 12 days which mean the sales didn't even increase (heck, it actually even decreased little bit). Thus, RxL didn't improve its tank sale on last year which clearly didn't give good impression for the editors (plus, its ranking has been horrible). So, I don't surprise this series got axed RxL (at least Act-Age has some chance to increase its volume since its ranking is picking up now).

    At one side, I think RxL should have move to other magazine like Jump+. But, on the other side, I think it would be good for Fujimaki to end this series since it'll give time for Fujimaki to plan for new series (rather than wasting his time on the series with very vague popularity).
    I'm not arguing about the manga sales decreasing since is a fact that each volume has been selling less, but still more than enough to keep the manga being published at least for 100 chapters which could lead to a anime, or at least as you mentioned, being moved to Jump+ but in the end of the day ending is for the better, i think that moving to Jump+ would have a bad impact for the series and maybe causing a more drastic drop in sales.

  4. #15264
    Discovered Stowaway Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinuki no Reborn View Post
    I'm not arguing about the manga sales decreasing since is a fact that each volume has been selling less, but still more than enough to keep the manga being published at least for 100 chapters which could lead to a anime, or at least as you mentioned, being moved to Jump+ but in the end of the day ending is for the better, i think that moving to Jump+ would have a bad impact for the series and maybe causing a more drastic drop in sales.
    I agree with you on the last part, moving to Jump+ will give little bit of extra life to RxL, but it'll most likely face drastic drop in sales.

    Plus, I doubt WSJ going to keep series which are staying last place for 100 chapters since I think it would be better to give a space for newer series which may become much bigger than RxL (besides, I don't think the anime studio would invest million of dollars to the series with low reception and decreasing volume sales).

  5. #15265

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Why would the editor waste time on a serie which is not good ? If it's not good isn't it a good decision to stop it ? It only sell that "well" because of the author previous work reputation

  6. #15266

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    wow.. even after 3 weeks OP volume 89 still haven't reach 2 million copies..
    is that Oda's comment controversy in that volume really that bad?

  7. #15267
    King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    I am indeed surprised RxL ended so abruptly like this. They didn't need space, they could have let the man wrap up the series in a few more chapters. It's going to be completely awful for it to end at this point in the story. The manga wasn't terribly good, but it wasn't that bad either. I enjoyed it for what it was. Some average entertainment that lasts for 10 minutes every monday. Meh, whatever. At least now VIZ will have to pick up a new series for its weekly content, or else it will be way too short to warrant the price it costs.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

  8. #15268
    Discovered Stowaway Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    I am indeed surprised RxL ended so abruptly like this. They didn't need space, they could have let the man wrap up the series in a few more chapters. It's going to be completely awful for it to end at this point in the story. The manga wasn't terribly good, but it wasn't that bad either. I enjoyed it for what it was. Some average entertainment that lasts for 10 minutes every monday. Meh, whatever. At least now VIZ will have to pick up a new series for its weekly content, or else it will be way too short to warrant the price it costs.
    Well, it didn't really ended abruptly, the recent chapters did show that it is wrapping-up.

  9. #15269
    King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    It has looked like it was going to wrap up somehow various times, but this one didn't feel that way to me. Yeah, we had a flashback to Robo's beginnings but... seriously? He isn't even going to win the tournament and go to the US to play against his rival? Meh.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

  10. #15270
    Discovered Stowaway Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    It has looked like it was going to wrap up somehow various times, but this one didn't feel that way to me. Yeah, we had a flashback to Robo's beginnings but... seriously? He isn't even going to win the tournament and go to the US to play against his rival? Meh.
    That's the fate for axed series. There are tons of axed series which many things remained unsolved.

    Besides, with this poor reception, I think many people don't really care whether Robo faces with Youzan or not.

  11. #15271

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    It's not there, but I'm more impressed with volume 1 sale for Bakemonogatari.
    In a positive or negative sense?

  12. #15272
    Discovered Stowaway Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ike79 View Post
    In a positive or negative sense?
    In a positive since it is selling lots, so it got request for reprints.

  13. #15273

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    I lost interest in RxL after the weird time jump straight out of high school and the introduction of Bigfoot...

  14. #15274
    King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Yeah, me too, it became an incredibly repetitive and monotonous affair, devoid of the charm it had in the beginning. But the author could have sped things up a bit more if he knew it was going to get cancelled this soon. Or the last chapter could have Robo lose the match and end with "and he was never heard from again, since he wasn't that good".
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

  15. #15275
    Discovered Stowaway Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    Yeah, me too, it became an incredibly repetitive and monotonous affair, devoid of the charm it had in the beginning. But the author could have sped things up a bit more if he knew it was going to get cancelled this soon. Or the last chapter could have Robo lose the match and end with "and he was never heard from again, since he wasn't that good".
    Well, since Fujimaki didn't speed up, then this way is what Fujimaki planned to end the series. Fujimaki most likely didn't want to do very rushed/premature ending.

  16. #15276
    Discovered Stowaway Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Hidden:

    Aejuma-sama no Gakkou Volume 3


    Boku-tachi Hoiku-ka Koukou 1-nensei Volume 3 (Final)



  17. #15277
    Discovered Stowaway mario time's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    saudi arabia

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hisoga View Post
    wow.. even after 3 weeks OP volume 89 still haven't reach 2 million copies..
    is that Oda's comment controversy in that volume really that bad?
    nope one piece sells are still good
    its just people are buying more digital copies these days
    i hope oricon will start counting digital sells next year so we can get the whole picture

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts