+ Reply to Thread
Page 777 of 777 FirstFirst ... 277 677 727 767 775 776 777
Results 15,521 to 15,539 of 15539

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

Yeah my anti-piracy self is stuck waiting for Monday, 4pm to read them both. Hopefully worth the wait

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Hell yeah, I'm really hoping VIZ manages to keep one of them (hopefully both, if they're both good!) I was immediately interested in Teenage Renaissance! David-kun just from the visual alone. I expect good things from it, let's see tomorrow afternoon! It is weird to see WSJ without both Kochikame and Gintama, that's for sure. I feel that the current roster is one of the worst I remember from Jump. I love Neverland and Dr. Stone, but they seem rather short manga that won't last long enough to have a big impact on the magazine's popularity and survival. Black Clover, Kimetsu and Jujutsu are good, but not spectacular, for me. It is a weird phase.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

It’s weird. Like it’s probably the least I’ve enjoyed Jump’s lineup, but like the stuff that’s good is REALLY GOOD. There’s just a lot of middling or bad comics too right now, for me at least. I’m sure it’ll pass, but it really is just an odd time for Jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    Hell yeah, I'm really hoping VIZ manages to keep one of them (hopefully both, if they're both good!) I was immediately interested in Teenage Renaissance! David-kun just from the visual alone. I expect good things from it, let's see tomorrow afternoon! It is weird to see WSJ without both Kochikame and Gintama, that's for sure. I feel that the current roster is one of the worst I remember from Jump. I love Neverland and Dr. Stone, but they seem rather short manga that won't last long enough to have a big impact on the magazine's popularity and survival. Black Clover, Kimetsu and Jujutsu are good, but not spectacular, for me. It is a weird phase.
    Well, it is true that I also believe that current Jump roster is one of weakest (but I think it isn't worse as Jump's dark ages in late-90s). But, I think the current young series can actually become popular which may impact on Jump since most of them, which you listed, still didn't have their anime aired yet. So, I think there is still high chance for them to get anime boost.

So, I think we need to wait little bit more.

Dr Stone doesn't seem that short to me.
    We're nearing the end of the conflict with Tsukasa from the looks of it but the story has ton of room to expand. They still need to find how the stoning happend, who did it and why, save the rest of Japan and then the world. Depending on how it's planned and executed that's material for years.

Neverland is indeed shorter story with an ending planned but it has decent numbers and it still has to air its anime.
    It won't necessarily have Death Note or Assassination Classroom numbers but I'll bet it will be a nice feather on WJS's cap.

Also, lol at worring about Jump's popularity and survival.
    The numbers of physical magazine copies has been decreasing for a few years but that's across the board. And the numbers of digital models have been rising.
    WSJ is still the number one manga magazine, not just in the shounen category but overall. It could probably survive for ten years without a new major hit. And the volumes still sell pretty well, that alone would justify keeping the magazine around, I don't see Japan changing their overall model to just publishing volumes anytime soon.
    I agree that this is not 2005 when every other series was huge hit but Jump is still doing fine. It reminds me when CR7 doesn't score for a couple of games and everyone starts worrying about if it's the end of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by FolhaS View Post
    I agree that this is not 2005 when every other series was huge hit but Jump is still doing fine. It reminds me when CR7 doesn't score for a couple of games and everyone starts worrying about if it's the end of his career.
    Welp, that was a good analogy Maybe I shouldn't have used the word 'survival', since it is clear that Jump's model is still going strong. Digital sales are also still unquantified, which means we never know the real number of sales of the tankobons, for example. I was just stating my opinion on the quality of the works currently being published in WSJ. There are some mediocre series, quite a few good ones, but few top notch. The biggest problem is that in every batch of 2 or 3 new series, 2 or 3 of them are just crap. Sometimes there's an average one, sometimes there's a good one. But it's been getting harder and harder to find a hit.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

It's a phenomenon Bakuman talked about very well, imo.
    Somewhere on the series one of the editors said something along the lines of: If editors knew what works and would work we'd only publish hits but every series is a bet. We can only choose those that seem best and then wait for the public's reaction.

Every magazine's life is made of up and downs that you can basically measure by the number of "anchor" series. Jump is always premiering new series just to see what sticks to the wall, when they already have a bunch of good series anchored we see less new series, when they have fewer anchors we see more stuff being tried on. And even then the quality of the series is a different matter on itself. When Bleach and Reborn ended they were still big series selling tons of volumes but their reception on the magazine was way different when compared to their earlier days.

It's always a hit-and-miss but when they manage to get a bunch of hits at the same time we don't notice the misses so much.

Ultra Jump October Issue:
    Ohkami Rise (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
    Dasei 67 Percent
    Sin-En Resist
    Usagi-moku Shachiku-ka (CP)
    Ruuuuto Nii (One Shot)
    Kitsune no Tebiki (One Shot)

Jojolion
    Lady & Oldman
    Ii Yu Dane!
    Shuumatsu no Harem Fantasia
    Maousama Chotto Sore Totte!!
    Mononogatari
    Rozen Maiden 0
    Melancholia
    Ryuu to Yuusha to Haitatsu-nin
    No Guns Life
    Assassins Pride
    Connect
    Kaijin Youchien
    Levius/est

Hidden:

Ultra Jump November Issue:
    Cover: Jojolion
    CP: Maousama Chotto Sore Totte!! (End), Rozen Maiden 0, Shuumatsu no Harem Fantasia, Yasetai-san to Shitsuren-chan (New Irregular Series by Yasuda Kousuke (story) and Fumio Aya (artwork))

Hidden:

So, completely contrary to my expectations, David-kun was the worst piece of crap I remember and Japan was pretty damn good. I hope VIZ keeps Japan going, at least western readers can learn about Japanese geography and culture in a funny way, it's a good thing to have!

Shounen Jump Issue 43:
    Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover, Lead CP)
    One Piece
    Yakusoku no Neverland
    Hunter×Hunter (CP, Resume)
    Kimetsu no Yaiba
    Act-Age
    Jimoto ga Japan (CP)
    Dr. Stone
    Hinomaru Zumou
    Shishunki Renaissance! David-kun (CP)
    Boku no Hero Academia
    Boruto
    Haikyuu!!
    Black Clover
    Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
    Shokugeki no Souma
    Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
    Alice to Taiyou
    Tanaka Seiji

Shounen Jump Issue 44:
    Cover, Lead CP: Hinomaru Zumou
    CP: Black Clover, Act-Age, Mist no Kaibou-roku (Golden Future Cup Entry #5)

So, completely contrary to my expectations, David-kun was the worst piece of crap I remember
    Yeah. I had so many expectations, and they all got destroyed from the very first pages (let's not even mention the child statue and its penis).

"I want a classic art based manga, but no nudity"
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

It has nothing to do with nudity. It has everything to do with it not being remotely funny, creative nor interesting. It sucks. "Hi, I'm a highschool guy and I like seeing girls' panties" "Oh but I also like this super awesome pretty girl but I'm going to embarass myself in front of her" ... Just nope.

This Week's Jump Comic Sales:

01. One Piece #90 (278,919 / 1,720,690)
    03. Boku no Hero Academia #20 (131,298 / 496,413)
    05. Shokugeki no Souma #31 (60,176 / 238,065)
    08. Dragon Ball Super #7 (44,348 / 187,168)
    20. Shin Tennis no Oujisama #24 (24,050 / 77,276)
    21. Rurouni Kenshin -Meiji Kenkaku Roman-tan Hokkaido-hen- #1 (23,967 / 196,127)
    23. Platinum End #9 (23,128 / 84,644)
    24. Kinnikuman #64 (22,863 / 107,310)
    25. Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai #8 (22,176 / 91,202)
    34. Sousei no Onmyouji #16 (19,816 / 75,652)
    35. Dr. Stone #7 (19,776 / 78,427)
    44. Jujutsu Kaisen #2 (17,139 / 69,047)

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Young Jump Issue 42:
    Golden Kamuy (Lead CP)
    Akechi
    Batuque
    Bungo
    Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai
    Kaguya-sama wa Kataritai
    Shadows House (CP)
    Kingdom
    Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
    Hana Matsu Ibara Meguru Haru
    Tiempo
    Minamoto-kun Monogatari
    Dorokei (CP)
    Satsuki-chan
    Diner
    Riku-dou
    Kunoichi no Ichi! no Ni
    Yoake Ato no Shizu (CP, Move to Tonari no Young Jump)
    Yuuryou Shoujo Family Yan
    Makaze ga Fuku
    Retort Pouch!
    Snack Basue
    7's (End)

Tonari no Akujo (Absent)

Young Jump Issue 43:
    Lead CP: Baton no Hoshi (New Series by Yajima Hikaru)
    CP: Hana Matsu Ibara Meguru Haru, Tiempo, Akechi

Hidden:

The joke in David is the juxtaposition of typical romcom shenanigans with a really detailed and serious looking artstyle that references classical art. I found it really funny.
    On the other hand, I feel I could only enjoy I am Japan if I knew about the stereotypes it is parodying. I don't, so i liked David much better.

Hidden:

Let's! Haikyuu!? Volume 7

Yumizuka Iroha wa Tejin ga Daiji! Volume 4 (Final)

Hidari-kiki no Eren Volume 5

Karada Sagashi Kai Volume 3

Darling in the FranXX Volume 3

Darling in the FranXX!

Shinmai Nitta-ism Volume 2

Abyss Rage Volume 1

Saotome Shimai wa Manga no Tame Nara!? Volume 1

8LDK -Shisha no Ou- Volume 1

Dr. Stone is not picking up in sales.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Dr. Stone is not picking up in sales.
    Because some place didn't get the new volume

Shounen Jump Issue 44 Preview:
    Hidden:

Grand Jump Issue 20:
    Amai Seikatsu 2nd Season (Lead CP)
    Play Ball 2
    Radiation House
    Ousama no Shitateya
    Raise Dewa Chanto Shimasu (One Shot)
    Minna Agechou ♥〜Sequel〜 (CP, Special Chapter)

Champagne
    Olympia Kyklos
    Kouun Ryuusui
    Furin Shokudou
    Uramiya Honpo Worst
    Dr. Que2n/ch (One Shot)
    Innocent Rouge
    Kurogane-Kai
    Yutori Yakuza
    Jigoku Sensei Nuuuubeeee Neo
    The Naniwa Kinyuu-dou
    Soshite Boku wa Gedou-man ni Naru (Part 1 End)

Sundome!! Milky Way, Kyoui Touma, Strike or Gutter (Absent)

Grand Jump Issue 21:
    Cover: Uramiya Honpo Worst
    Lead CP: Captain Tsubasa Rising Sun (Resume)
    CP: Gokko (Special Chapter)

Hidden:

Shounen Jump Issue 43 Color Pages:
    Hidden:

Jujutsu Kaisen

Hunter×Hunter (Resume)

Jimoto ga Japan

Shishunki Renaissance! David-kun

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information