Closed Thread
Page 1 of 498 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto X Makes a Man Out of You

Default Naruto X Makes a Man Out of You

[Chapter 500] is out. Discuss the series and/or chapter and stay on topic. If the thread loses its way or becomes a spam or troll hangout, it'll get locked again. Try to keep things constructive; if you have nothing good to say, then shut up.

Might as well kick things off myself. The whole pregnancy angle seemed a little bit unnecessary, given Madara can extract the fox using other methods, but I guess it works out with Naruto having just been born. I suppose it comes down to whether or not Kushina survives the extraction process, which from my understanding shouldn't be possible, or if she dies before the fox is sealed into Naruto. If she survives, I guess it works as a loophole for hosts to survive the so that her chakra can be sealed with the fox into Naruto. The chapter had an impressive amount of dialog... probably why Kishi had to take a break.

Alright. Have at it.
    Last edited by brennen.exe; July 1st, 2010 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Ugh, what a pain.

Default Re: Where do I talk about Naruto?

What's a Naruto?

you mean those white and red spiral things you get on ramen i don't really think we need a thread to discus them
    i like brook he gives me a bone-er haha skull joke

How long before this thread gets closed?

Man, I was expecting this to be a nice one, but it completely blew me away. The art was pretty damn awesome, the backstory on the Whirlpool Village, the history of the Kyuubi Jins and the story of Kushina's acceptance of her role as a Jin were awesome. Then Kishi's portrayal of Kushina's labor was nothing short of phenomenal. The expressions on the characters' faces, the whole mood of struggle and celebration through and up to Naruto's birth, and even Madara's semi-lame, semi-awesome line at the end all contributed to a damn nice chapter. This chapter was so packed full of good shit it felt twice as long as it actually was.

This gets a 10/10 EASY. We may not have gotten color pages this week, but Kishi managed to make Ch. 500 memorable nonetheless.

That was a strange chapter, it was quite entertaining, but Kishimoto improvised so much that this chapter is full of incoherence. Trying to hide Naruto's identity by giving him the same name as the Hokage's wife is pretty dumb.

I'm gonna try the gabzillaz approach on this chapter.

Hidden:
    "But before I tell you about what happened, I want you to know a little more about who I am".
    Oh, so NOW you decide to tell us the important stuff instead of that superfluous bullshit.

"I was brought to the leaf village to become a jinchuuriki"
    Once again proving that fate, destiny and heritage do in fact define how successful you will become.

Huh, so Eddy from "Ed, Edd n Eddy" founded a village eh? Not too shabby.

For God's sake, the Senju and Uzumaki clans were related? The Naruto world is like one big incest orgy! (which actually would explain a lot).

"The Village of Longevity." Imaginative.

"Even today, the Eddy whirlpool symbol is used as a symbol of friendship and goodwill."
    A symbol that looks like a toilet being flushed. Appropriate.

Born with a strong chakra. Yep, again, genes and heritage.

"My predecessor was also a powerful female ninja. I guess it was seen as appropriate."
    I guess the same could be said for Naruto. BURN!

So her predecessor, who was also an Uzumaki (but apparently not related to her) married the first. Genes! Heritage! Selected by fate!

Yadda yadda yadda. Blah blah blah. Don't care don't care don't care.

"Before the beast can be housed we must fill the vessel with love."

Bull. Shit.

"Naruto...you don't need to cry anymore."
    I wish someone would tell that to Sakura.

"Madara did have control of the nine-tails, but it was only moments before his attack that it was still sealed inside me."
    Hi! I'm Masashi Kishimoto! I'm one of the best manga-kas of this generation and I'm not making this shit up as I go! I swear!

"There is one moment where a jinchuuriki's seal is at its weakest...Childbirth!"

............*faceplam*

"The energy used to maintain the seal goes to nurture the child and is weakened thusly."
    Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

And Third Hokage's wife gets the award for dumbest name ever.

Baby Sasuke. Ugh. I didn't think I would ever want to murder an infant so badly.

"He and Sasuke will be in the same grade! I hope they become friends!"
    Ha ha! It is funny, because they will actually end up being mortal enemies! Ha ha ha!

"By the way...does it hurt? Like, bad?"

That is the stupidest question anyone has ever asked ever.

"Remember, we need to keep your birth classified..."
    Classified?! You're walking around in broad daylight! I don't think you need to actually talk to anyone for them to figure it out!

Wow. I gotta say that birth looks quite a bit like a satanic ritual (which would explain a lot).

Lulz at Kushina's constipation face.

Madara shows up and he's pissed cause he wasn't invited to the baby shower.

Naruto get out! Nine tails stay in!

"Congratulations, it's a healthy baby boy of questionable sexuality."

And thus one of the most obnoxious and irritating shonen heroes ever is born. Hooray.

"Back away from the Jinchuuriki or your son dies at the ripe old age of one minute."

My favorite line in the whole chapter.
    Last edited by brennen.exe; July 1st, 2010 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Just removing the rule-breaking 'in b4 lock' this time around.

Default Re: Naruto Discussion; Attempt #10

So yeah, maybe we should merge this thread and the one Luffy #1 Fan started?

But yeah, pretty bad chapter this week IMO.

So a few things:
    1. If This Uzumaki Mito was married to the first Hokgae, does this mean Naruto is related to Tsunade? oO
    2. If the seal gets weak at childbirth, why in the hell do they seal the Tailed beasts in women?! Kinda stupid if you ask me :-/
    3. I didn't really like the conversation between Kushina and Sasukes mom. Its was too "Oh look, they were destined to be friends!". Oh well.
    4. The editors note: "Who's under the mask?" Durrrr, I dunno. Naruto? -_-

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quoting myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea View Post
    Speaking of Naruto this week, nothing special except that the idiot who insert a "Will they survive?" text in One Piece did it again.
    Is it good enough for this thread?

So hard work overcomes fate and genes huh?
    Sometimes life knocks you down. You have to get up and tell it, "You hit like a b****!"

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Explanation chapter, but kishi's done nothing to make me care about this character he's just introduced, so meh.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    2. If the seal gets weak at childbirth, why in the hell do they seal the Tailed beasts in women?! Kinda stupid if you ask me :-/
    Because exposure to the seal turns guys gay? Evidence follows:

Last edited by SleepySlug; July 1st, 2010 at 03:15 AM. Reason: This way better than new Naruto chapters. I should just look up yaoi every Wednesday instead of reading Naruto...

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

What explained in this chapter can be done by an elementary student given information of the last chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    [Chapter 500] is out. Discuss the series and/or chapter and stay on topic. If the thread loses its way or becomes a spam or troll hangout, it'll get locked again. Try to keep things constructive; if you have nothing good to say, then shut up.

Alright. Have at it.
    ...As a man who has low expectations for this thread, this is for you:
    Hidden:

At least it ain't gonna' be me this time around.
    This chapter...eh, Sasuke cameo (sort of) was stupid, and this whole plot line is stupid. Naruto's mom wasn't necessary for this whole ideal (we were just fine before with 'Naruto being sealed while Madara controls the Kyuubi'. Anyone else could've been the jinchuuriki, or it could've been wild and just caught later. This is just unnecessary plot twist. Like that M. Night guy.
    Last edited by ChesCa; July 1st, 2010 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Can't be assed to spell his last name

I like the pessimistic approach to the thread title. Not even a thread, but just an attempt.

Fits the manga, where Kishimoto attempts be a mangaka.

Oh, and Madara's finisher sound classy.

Legen, wait for it...dary! Mugiwara Kaizoku's Avatar

A one minute life span would have been plenty for that whiskers mutant... one minute on earth and already crying like a baby, he never had any character developement apparently.
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...it's the mucus that bites us!

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

''ripe old age of one minute''

Oh Madara, that comedian. Let's let's all give him a hand, folks.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

oh noooo baby naruto is gonna die. shut the fuck up kishimoto

Quote Originally Posted by sufjan View Post
    oh noooo baby naruto is gonna die. shut the fuck up kishimoto
    Kuina could be secretly be giving birth to another baby right now. The baby Madara has now could be Naruto's twin and the baby that Madara kills. Born for the sole reason of giving the flashback a twist as opposed to just telling us exactly what we already know and in incredibly boring detail.

Closed Thread

Thread Information