+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Marc Webb's Spiderman Reboot

Default Re: Spider-Man getting a reboot.

I dunno, I kept hearing Raimi wanted the Vulture and Sony wanted Black Cat. (Which I don't think is a good idea, I think she would resemble Catwoman too much.)

There's also the Scorpion. They could do a Spider-Slayer storyline and have Scorpion be the ultimate Spider-Slayer.

I am really disappointed Sam isn't getting to do this. I was really looking forward to 4 being his comeback after the horridness of 3. Now that's gonna leave a stain.

Well, he said he couldn't "creatively go forward" with the movie so I think it was best that he left.

They would've rushed it to make the May 2011 deadline, anyways. Hell they didn't even have a script ready.

I don't know how the new film will pan out, but I applaud Raimi for knowing when to cut his losses and not try to force a failure.

Proof of the pumpkin is in the squeezing

If ROBERT PATTINSON (as rumoured) plays Spiderman. It's fucked.

To be honest - I thought Maguire made a good Spiderman, and I was anticipating Spiderman 4.
    I liked Spiderman 1 tremendously, 2 not so much, but still liked it - didn't like 3.

But a Reboot isn't what it needs - that will just leave a FAIL STAMP on the Franchise,
    saying "HEY EVERYONE, THIS SERIES SUCKED SO BAD, IT NEEDED TO BE COMPLETELY REDONE !!"

I expect they'll then have to reboot the reboot, in a few years.
    Shame, they took the easy way out ... Could have fixed it.
    Last edited by Flux; January 12th, 2010 at 03:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

That was posted last Friday. Sony supposedly made the decision yesterday to cancel 4 and reboot the franchise.

Thank god! Now I don't have to see Tobey's mere existence in a film ever again.

As long as they feature a villain that wasn't in any of the previous three movies, this should be fine.

I enjoyed the Spider Man films and Tobey Maguire was easily my top favourite thing about them.

I also think Sam Raimi is a pretty swell director. He managed to give the films a distinct personal touch that I think just about every other superhero film these days sorely lacks.

But of course I have no idea how good or how bad this new movie could possibly turn out, so I'll just wait and twiddle my thumbs in the meanwhile.

My name is a Killing Word Zyordius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bucephalus View Post
    Thank god! Now I don't have to see Tobey's mere existence in a film ever again.
    lol, agreed fully.

Thought all the Spider-Man films were garbage and Toby was a terrible choice for it. I like Sam Rami just not these movies. The movie was the same as most of the other comic book movies-Crap. They change so many things that they don't need to and replace then with horrible ideas. Each sequel was worse then the last, ending with the epic fail of Venom. They should just make comics based on Hollywood's version of comics then make movies based around that, then they'll have a good reason to be terrible.

It is nice that the series is getting a "reboot" but with the trend of bad comic movies continuing, i'm not holding my breath.

To tell the truth, I'm relieved by the decision. Raimi took over the franchise and showed passion through the first two, but the third film was just too much meddling with crap like a pathetic symbiote story arc and the chick-flick nonsense. I say let him tell his own stories again (weird, twisted but comedic horror or maybe something a bit more like Darkman) and have someone with a new vision (that isn't Michael Bay) take it over.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

I'm happy with this. Reboot super hero movies have a tendency to be very good. Look at Hulk.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

My name is a Killing Word Zyordius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoro Ataru View Post
    (that isn't Michael Bay)
    I wish this for all movies ever

The Spider-Man films did take all of Raimi's time, he said in the past if it weren't for them we'd have already had more Evil Dead films. I welcome that, as well as more creative works from him. I think everyone can agree Darkman was fantastic and still holds up today.

So, if I understand this correctly, they're rebooting a seven year old series that made almost two billion dollars in net revenue.

It's a Brand New Day in the world of cinema!
    Complicating things since 2009.

Disclaimer: Although I based Toby Maguire, I DID like Spiderman 1 and 2. I didn't like 3 very much.

I can hate two actors with every passion of my soul, but I can still like the movie. I don't hate Toby Maguire, but I hate Toby Maguire as Peter Parker. However, I do hate Kristen Dunst.

I liked the first two movies. Majority of the actors did a great job with their roles. Toby didn't do a bad job as his role, but his role wasn't Peter Parker. He played someone who barely resembles him emotionally and physically.

Toby isn't an ABSOLUTE mistake of a choice. If you want an example, Nick Cage was a HORRIBLE choice for Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider.
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

El Sucio Sánchez SantoryuMaster97's Avatar

Well put it this way guys, we got 2 very fun and good video games outta the first 2 movies.

3rd game and movie fail is fail.
    Survivor of the Ivotas Holocaust!

XboxLive Gamertag: Big Evil99
    Addiction defines Gravity. Speed over addiction

>.>

I didn't like any of the games.
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

El Sucio Sánchez SantoryuMaster97's Avatar

....Hmmm i loved movie 1 and 2 so i was easily briought into the video games and i loved them.
    Survivor of the Ivotas Holocaust!

XboxLive Gamertag: Big Evil99
    Addiction defines Gravity. Speed over addiction

Spider-Man 2 the game was unlike anything, when you had your first web swing through the city... oh, the rush! I only rented it back when it came out, but that stayed with me. It's $5 I deeply need to spend at GameStop. I have the first movie's game, it was the game I bought with my PS2... I don't like it, tho.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    The Spider-Man films did take all of Raimi's time, he said in the past if it weren't for them we'd have already had more Evil Dead films. I welcome that, as well as more creative works from him. I think everyone can agree Darkman was fantastic and still holds up today.
    Evil Dead films are cult films with a small-time audience. Spiderman is not, it's no surprise he took directing it seriously because it was his big break into popular media. It would have been the same if the Clerks guy managed to direct Superman.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information