+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Marc Webb's Spiderman Reboot

Default Re: Spider-Man getting a reboot.

A Spiderman flick directed by Michael Bay, with Robert Pattinson as Parker?

Can't wait for that.

I liked Tobey as Peter Parker, but I can get over that.

The thing I won't be able to get over is waiting 2 years(movie comes out Summer 2012, at least that's what they say) for a reboot with his origin story and maybe this time it'll be longer. BUT maybe it'll also be better.

I really hope they get a good villain for once.
    Didn't like that two of Spiderman's greatest foes, Doc Oc and Green Goblin got defeated so early in the franchise. Then again, it DID only have two movies. But if the directors really were thinking of a 6 movie series, they should have saved those two villains for the last one, not the first two.

A Chameleon + Kraven (they are brothers afterall) combo could work out really well.
    Would really enjoy Electro or Mysterio too.
    Really hoping that they stay away from the Vulture, seeing as I never really liked his character.

My name is a Killing Word Zyordius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post

Can't wait for that.
    Here's a preview of what that would be
    Hidden:

I've always wanted to see Mysterio or Electro in the Movie franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

FUCK YES!!!
    I HATED Toby as Spiderman. The guy bothers me. Made me hate Spiderman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake_Cloud View Post
    He didn't come back because he thought he could win, he came back because he's a goddamn hero and that's what heroes do.

I had to comment on this whole thing. I'm actually hoping the reboot doesn't get made and here's why:

1. If Sony doesn't make this reboot, the right's to Spider-Man will revert back to Marvel/Disney, and in my opinion that would be a good thing.

2. Because if someone like Robert Pattinson is casted as Peter Parker, my fondest childhood memories of reading Spider-Man comics will permanently be raped.

3. Series doesn't really need a reboot in the first place. Sure, not everything about the movies were great, but they still did well. The Hulk had an excuses to get remade, the 1st one sucked and it didn't relate to fans of the comic books or the T.V. show, and the remake was 100x better IMO. This Spider-Man reboot will be to soon. Even though Sony will technically be waiting as long as the the Hulk did (5 years) to make this reboot, audiences will still have the original in there mind because there were 3 movies instead of just 1.

4. The reason Rami left is because Sony wanted multiple villains instead of just one (Spider-Man 3 anyone), and they wanted him to make this movie on a reduced budget. Rami probably felt he wouldn't be able to do Spider-Man justice and make up for 3 with these restraints, so he walked.

5. If Marvel does reacquire the right's, they would probably wait long enough to do a well written version that's true to the comics and it would likely be better than anything Sony could hope to produce. Plus we would get the probability of seeing some other superhero cameos. Now that's a movie I'd like too see!

If Sony ends up making this reboot, I probably won't be inclined to see it.

I don't know if it really is getting a reboot, On Stan Lee's twitter, right now he's talking about his cameos in Thor, I don't know if it really is getting a reboot, On Stan Lee's twitter, right now he's talking about his cameos in Thor, Iron Man 2, and Spider-man 4, so Idk about the reboot just yet. He's talking about how everyone groaned when Toby was signed as Peter. He just posted how he wasn't an action star, and how great he became, so it seems like Toby's getting replaced, but he's talking as if it isn't a reboot, just Toby getting replaced, but it's not confirmed, but thats what it sounds like from him.

EDIT: He confirmed Toby's out, but he's talking like it's not a reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    Well do you really think Trojan Condoms needs 12 year-olds that are up really late to see their commercials?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Yes, in fact I do. These brats today don't wait anymore.

I'm leaving this subject alone now, I'm gonna do the smart thing and just come check up on it in a few months or so.

Stan Lee just said Spider-man 4's not cancelled, just you know, the changes, but he said it's just getting pushed back.
    Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    Well do you really think Trojan Condoms needs 12 year-olds that are up really late to see their commercials?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Yes, in fact I do. These brats today don't wait anymore.

I can't believe Thor, with how complex the story is, got a modern movie before Captain America.

I'll definately watch it, but we need a Captain America movie. The Magneto movie could introduce us to his daughter, Wanda aka Scarlet Witch.

Then we can have the Avengers movie.
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

Quote Originally Posted by mpz777 View Post
    The reason Rami left is because Sony wanted multiple villains instead of just one.
    It's not really a bad idea, just not two or three main villains. But rather give some nods to the fans by putting in some more obscure villains in shorter fights.

Have Tombstone pull a bank heist, or Shocker break into a lab or something along those lines, as to give us some action beats betwenn all the exposition and storyline progression.

Jay Leno for the Spiderman role.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

3. Series doesn't really need a reboot in the first place. Sure, not everything about the movies were great, but they still did well. The Hulk had an excuses to get remade, the 1st one sucked and it didn't relate to fans of the comic books or the T.V. show, and the remake was 100x better IMO. This Spider-Man reboot will be to soon. Even though Sony will technically be waiting as long as the the Hulk did (5 years) to make this reboot, audiences will still have the original in there mind because there were 3 movies instead of just 1
    The funny thing: I actually liked Ang Lee's Hulk, outside that cheesy blue-screen moment and "Absorbing Daddy".

As for whomever is saying "the best villains were used first"...well that is how it usually ends up in movie franchises: they start usually with someone the people know and, as the franchise goes on, has to go to other characters. For the most part I don't mind that becuase the film universe is different from comics where recurring villains feel necessary due to people having a connection to them whereas a movie is just leaving a 2-hour impression on you. (besides, I liked both DaFoe's Goblin and loved Doc Ock...and only really want to see any sign of them if there's a reboot instead of "a contiunation of Raimi's universe")
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

The Best Villians were used first?

Arcade wasn't in any of the movies!
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

I had to comment on this whole thing. I'm actually hoping the reboot doesn't get made and here's why:

1. If Sony doesn't make this reboot, the right's to Spider-Man will revert back to Marvel/Disney, and in my opinion that would be a good thing.
    Yea have fun with your PG-Rated Spider-Man films

4. The reason Rami left is because Sony wanted multiple villains instead of just one (Spider-Man 3 anyone), and they wanted him to make this movie on a reduced budget. Rami probably felt he wouldn't be able to do Spider-Man justice and make up for 3 with these restraints, so he walked.
    Given how Sony wanted Lizard as main villian with Raimi himself wanting Vulture as main villian and with Raimi killing off The Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus,& Venom across all 3 films I can't really say that would've been a bad idea if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    I do hate Kristen Dunst.
    I hate her too.

Quote Originally Posted by SantoryuMaster97 View Post
    Well put it this way guys, we got 2 very fun and good video games outta the first 2 movies.

3rd game and movie fail is fail.
    I never liked the movie games all terrble IMO only good modern Spider-Man game was Ultimate, Web Of Shadows had the potential to be good but bad glitches, fugly graphics, and meh story killed it.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; January 15th, 2010 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Yea have fun with your PG-Rated Spider-Man films
    I'm putting a little more faith in Marvel. Disney has a rep for being controlling, but currently, I don't think they're stupid enough to mess with an asset that has a good track record.(At least hope they aren't stupid) I think Marvel Studios up coming movies (Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, etc.) will be proof that Disney isn't going to restrain Marvel.

2. Because if someone like Robert Pattinson is casted as Peter Parker, my fondest childhood memories of reading Spider-Man comics will permanently be raped.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    I can't believe Thor got a modern movie before Captain America.

I'll definately watch it, but we need a Captain America movie.

Also yeah, from some text it does seem liek it's not a reboot. Maybe it's a reboot but not a reboot reboot, maybe they're rebooting but not "telling his beginnings over again" rebooting. Maybe it's a reboot in terms of the actors are supposed to be different, the filming locations are supposed to be different. But it's still the same man, all the stuff that happened in Spiderman 1, happened. Even if it was to a different actor, just look past that.
    Last edited by Flux; January 16th, 2010 at 07:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaioino

Can't wait for that.]

Quote Originally Posted by Zyordius View Post
    Here's a preview of what that would be
    Oh hey it could be worse, imagine (don't actually try) a Spiderman flick directed by Michael Bay, with Shia LaBeouf as Parker and US military at main role....

I think I could even tolerate Transformers 2 after that...

http://www.cracked.com/blog/my-spider-man-4-script

This is how it needs to happen.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information