+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 279 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Movies Thread - In satin tights, Fighting for your rights

Default Re: Reboot of the Superman movies (The Man of Steel)

Quote Originally Posted by Shandian View Post
    Never liked Superman, I mean is there any suspense on his battles when he is completely invincible, faster than bullet, can see through shit, can fly faster than sound and all this, is is little too powerful. Well I understand that there excist this kryptonite gimmick to make him weaker but still.
    Exactly this:

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    Superman's a lot more fantastical, but he tends to have enemies that operate on the same level as himself, like brainiac and darkseid, otherwise we have lex's schemes.
    While he is super strong and stuff, he isn't exactly invincible (See The Death of Superman stuff, i mean, sure he came back...but he died). But he has a lot of enemies on par with him.

Currently rests outside Jarhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    Plenty of DC heroes can take quite a punch. Wonder Woman and Green Lantern can be pretty epic if done right.
    Booster gold and blue beatle for a movie.
    Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    While he is super strong and stuff, he isn't exactly invincible (See The Death of Superman stuff, i mean, sure he came back...but he died). But he has a lot of enemies on par with him.
    How much more impact would that storyline have had if instead of that moronic doomsday macguffin they used darkseid and had a six month arc leading up to it before the climactic battle.

Doomsday was just such a terrible non-character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Booster gold and blue beatle for a movie.
    The Goonies 2
    Last edited by Darkstorm; July 7th, 2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: I do love Kord and Gold though

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    How much more impact would that storyline have had if instead of that moronic doomsday macguffin they used darkseid and had a six month arc leading up to it before the climactic battle.

Doomsday was just such a terrible non-character.
    Yeah, I would have preferred they used Darkseid. I'll admit that Superman: The Animated Series made me realize how awesome a villain Darkseid is. Probably Superman's best villain.

I didn't think much of the first season, but then they really got it into gear.

Apokolips...now! and Legacy are some of the finest things Bruce Timm put out there, and that's saying a lot.

I remain shocked that Apokolips...now! part 2 got past the censors.

I agree. While the first season was enjoyable, it wasn't as good as the next 2 seasons. The third season and all the Apokolips stuff is where it really became awesome. I'd have to say that it's 3rd season was probably it's best.

Now that I think about it, I'd love to see Metallo in a movie. And definitely the S:TAS version of the Toy Man. That plastic doll mask used to give me nightmares as a child.

Currently rests outside Jarhead's Avatar

"Let's play a game, SupermanSnocone. Let's play a game. Forever."
    *close up on the mask*
    Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.

....Is it Parcheesi? I've never played, nor do I know how. I just like saying it. Parcheesi. Parcheesi.

....Is it Parcheesi? I've never played, nor do I know how. I just like saying it. Parcheesi. Parcheesi.
    I love Parcheesi!

A wall of two Parcheesi pieces is the only thing that can defeat Superman. "Sorry, Superman. But until I move one of those two pieces, you're not going anywhere! WAH HA HA HA HA!"

And then I roll the die, and I wind up being forced to move. Then Superman stomps one of those pieces, sending it back to home.

Then I realize I hate the game.

Oh man, I hate to rant here, but I just feel that it's relative to bring up Smallville and how bad they ruined some characters.

Lex's character was screwed up when they had him and Clark make a friendship, and then have issues with it for the next 7 seasons.

Lana was- No. I'm sick of her already.

Bizarro, although not that big of a major villian, was introduced at the end of a season finale, and then killed at the end of the next season premiere. What's worse is that they spent the whole episode trying to figure out his weakness, only to find it in the last 5 minutes.

Doomsday was worse. They gave him a human form, put him in a love triangle, and had him get into his Doomsday form once every few episodes, but he was always in the shadows or hiding behind a pole or something.
    Then on the season finale, he fought Clark for maybe a minute at best? And then Jimmy (yes, Jimmy) killed him.
    JIMMY!

I lost faith in Smallville. I haven't even watched an episode of the last season, but last I heard, they were working on developing Metallo, but I'm not holding my breath.

But Nolan's a good boy. He knows how to make a story good.

People actually watched smallville? wasn't it basically dawsons creek with superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Zoro View Post

They gave him a human form,
    Didn't they do that with every villain? They ruined Mr. Mxyzptlk that way. Of course, I've never watched the show, just saw pics and clips here and there.

I lost faith in Smallville. I haven't even watched an episode of the last season, but last I heard, they were working on developing Metallo, but I'm not holding my breath.
    I saw part of that episode. It was probably the only bit of smallville that I saw, and I watched it only because Metallo was in it. From what I saw, Metallo came out pretty good on Smallville. Makes me wonder why he was never in any of the movies.

Didn't they do that with every villain? They ruined Mr. Mxyzptlk that way. Of course, I've never watched the show, just saw pics and clips here and there.
    Hm ya, now that I think of it, they did do that to pretty much every villian. Even with Zod, they thought it'd be cool to have him possess Lex's body.

I hope Smallville never touches Darkseid.

I saw part of that episode. It was probably the only bit of smallville that I saw, and I watched it only because Metallo was in it. From what I saw, Metallo came out pretty good on Smallville. Makes me wonder why he was never in any of the movies.
    I actually read the summary of Metallo in Smallville somewhere, and it did sound like they did a decent job with him. Apparently the villian (Tessa?) has his Kryptonite core, so hopefully they bring him back.

Hm ya, now that I think of it, they did do that to pretty much every villian. Even with Zod, they thought it'd be cool to have him possess Lex's body.

I hope Smallville never touches Darkseid.
    Well, apparently, this nextseason is gonna be its last. I don't think they would do Darkseid, but they do need something for their finale.

News on this movie. It's apparently going to be directed by Zack Snyder, who is the man who directed 300, Dawn of the Dead, and Watchmen.

At least the movie will look good.

And Christopher Nolan's role is basically co-writer for this movie. He won't be doing any directing.

Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

I'd just love it if they had a Bizarro in a Superman movie...Like in All-Star Superman Vol. 2. Bizarro is the only thing that makes me like Superman.

*google search*

......I approve of him.

Never seen him in anything. Hopefully, he can do a good job at acting differently under his Clark Kent persona and Superman persona.

Oh man, I hate to rant here, but I just feel that it's relative to bring up Smallville and how bad they ruined some characters.

Lex's character was screwed up when they had him and Clark make a friendship, and then have issues with it for the next 7 seasons.

Lana was- No. I'm sick of her already.

Bizarro, although not that big of a major villian, was introduced at the end of a season finale, and then killed at the end of the next season premiere. What's worse is that they spent the whole episode trying to figure out his weakness, only to find it in the last 5 minutes.

Doomsday was worse. They gave him a human form, put him in a love triangle, and had him get into his Doomsday form once every few episodes, but he was always in the shadows or hiding behind a pole or something.
    Then on the season finale, he fought Clark for maybe a minute at best? And then Jimmy (yes, Jimmy) killed him.
    JIMMY!

But Nolan's a good boy. He knows how to make a story good.
    Smallville was ok for the first 2 seasons but after the story literally went in circle and they were obviously making the story as they go along. The characters did not have any arc. When you think Clark and Lan get together, they don't and they go back etc. They throw a lot of random stuff for no reasons.

Wether we like the friendship with Lex and Clark. I thought that the actor who played Lex was pretty awesome.

It takes me back I used to the batman and superman adventures. A cross with Batman could be interesting handled the right way.

[YOUTUBE]F90nxOlsm1s[/YOUTUBE]
    IMO it was Dc at its finest.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information