+ Reply to Thread
Page 270 of 317 FirstFirst ... 170 220 260 268 269 270 271 272 280 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,400 of 6325

Thread: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

Default Re: DC Movies Thread - In satin tights, Fighting for your rights

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    They shouldn't have given Ares his armor. Leave him as unassuming Remus Lupin that gives Ludendorf a power up and then leaves.
    They could have at least hid his face while he was in the armor
    Remus Lupin is not an intimidating guy

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Given Diana's belief that Ares was the cause of the war, I was honestly impressed when Diana killed Ludendorff without a giant, over-the-top boss battle, only to learn that there was not a big bad orchestrating the whole thing. 5 minutes later, however...not so much.

Ares himself would have been a great sequel hook though. Since the sequel is supposedly taking place decades later they could have easily changed Thewlis's appearance to suit the times.

Where was Hindenburg during all this?

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    The villain is probably the weakest link in the WW movie. Diana herself was great, her man was his own guy, and the action scenes were fab. But Ares . . . . was no greek god.
    Also, the God of Bloodlust, Slaughter and War Crimes.....hates war. Right.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Also, the God of Bloodlust, Slaughter and War Crimes.....hates war. Right.
    To be fair, I think you can an interesting story and character depth out of a god hating their divine theme. Sort of like how Hades hated his job of ruling the Underworld in Disney's Hercules.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    To be fair, I think you can an interesting story and character depth out of a god hating their divine theme. Sort of like how Hades hated his job of ruling the Underworld in Disney's Hercules.
    Poor Hades only got the underworld because Zeus and Poseidon got dibs on Heaven and the Ocean first. He doesn't have any particular attachment to it. It's also partly why he kidnapped Persephone; if he had tried to approach Demeter for her hand normally, Demeter probably would have rejected him because he's the ruler of the underworld. Doesn't excuse him for KIDNAPPING her, but everything has a reason.

It's what comes of being the youngest son.

I don't mind the armor. His face was what ruined him.

They should have either done what he looks like in Injustice or just not give him a face after he takes off his 'human' appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    I don't mind the armor. His face was what ruined him.

They should have either done what he looks like in Injustice or just not give him a face after he takes off his 'human' appearance.
    He also would have looked like the villain from the new King Arthur movie lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    He also would have looked like the villain from the new King Arthur movie lol.
    A movie barely anyone saw. I don't see a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    A movie barely anyone saw. I don't see a loss.
    I thought Guy Ritchie really did a good job with that King Arthur film. More funny and energetic than anything I've seen out of Hollywood in a long while. He might just be able to save these DCU and MCU films, if he was ever given the shot
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    I thought Guy Ritchie really did a good job with that King Arthur film. More funny and energetic than anything I've seen out of Hollywood in a long while. He might just be able to save these DCU and MCU films, if he was ever given the shot
    Oh no, I actually enjoy Guy Ritchie. Just hardly anybody sees his flicks anymore. Admittedly, I haven't seen King Arthur either.

I think his movies tend to be hot messes, but fun hot messes that I don't mind watching.

Everything's Eventual...

I do not like that hell-looking place! Its visually unappealing and sloppy.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

I liked man of steel, dislike bvs and suicide squad, like wonder woman. The new trailer while obviously filled with cgi, I mean it is Zack Synder, looks pretty fun, so I am cautiously optimistic. Just give me a fun ride that doesn't try it's best to make me angry and I will be happy.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

In Comics I love the Justice League far over The Avengers.... So why does each trailer make me feel more and more jaded and wary about this movie.... I mean, it looks awful... just awful....
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

Yeah, the red shit looks dumb, and I didn't have hope for the movie in the first place, but my real question is

What the fuck is Aquaman doing there?

I won't shit on Aquaman, since I like the dude, but I feel like his limited skill set doesn't have much of a use in a battle against sky robots. This is exactly the situation in which Aquaman is least useful.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    I won't shit on Aquaman, since I like the dude, but I feel like his limited skill set doesn't have much of a use in a battle against sky robots. This is exactly the situation in which Aquaman is least useful.
    He has Telekenisis, Hydrokenesis, super strength (can lift up to 20 tons), bullet proof+ invulnerability, and jump-good. He's basically got all Wonder Woman's powers just with aquatic stuff instead of a lasso and bracelets.

Sure underwater he's got the control of sea creatures bit (ALL sealife mind you) and waterbending, so he's better there... but he's still superhuman on land. (Young Justice fixed it by making Aqualad a straight up waterbender who kept magic water on him at all times.)

Basically somewhere along the way some writer or another realized the implications to the fact that he can swim really fast and get into fistfights under 500+ atmospheres of pressure yet not explode when he comes up to sea level. WHich puts him almost in the same league of strength and durability as Superman.

This just isn't ever brought up because his being a complete joke in Superfriends has been impossible to shake culturally.
    Last edited by Robby; October 8th, 2017 at 03:52 PM.

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

It took me a minute to realize that that wasn't Apokolips, it was just Earth.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but that whole "A world without Superman is a world without hope" and "The world is still mourning Superman, especially Batman" stuff would work so much better if BvS would have had an actual resolution to the debate about if Superman is a savior or a threat to the world instead of just 'solving' the conflict by Batman realizing their mothers have the same damn name...ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    He has Telekenisis, Hydrokenesis, super strength (can lift up to 20 tons), bullet proof+ invulnerability, and jump-good. He's basically got all Wonder Woman's powers just with aquatic stuff instead of a lasso and bracelets.

Sure underwater he's got the control of sea creatures bit (ALL sealife mind you) and waterbending, so he's better there... but he's still superhuman on land. (Young Justice fixed it by making Aqualad a straight up waterbender who kept magic water on him at all times.)

Basically somewhere along the way some writer or another realized the implications to the fact that he can swim really fast and get into fistfights under 500+ atmospheres of pressure yet not explode when he comes up to sea level. WHich puts him almost in the same league of strength and durability as Superman.

This just isn't ever brought up because his being a complete joke in Superfriends has been impossible to shake culturally.
    Hank Pym without the spousal abuse......and genius level intellect.......that led to the creation of a highly dangerous self aware robot.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; October 8th, 2017 at 07:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information