+ Reply to Thread
Page 277 of 277 FirstFirst ... 177 227 267 275 276 277
Results 5,521 to 5,529 of 5529

Thread: DC Movies Thread - In satin tights, Fighting for your rights

Default Re: DC Movies Thread - In satin tights, Fighting for your rights

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    I own Part 1, and can never remember if I actually read part 2. The part I am missing is the one that got published not long, Master Race.
    There was no Dark Knight part 2, nor a part 3. There was only one good story that Frank Miller did in the 80's.

Any claims to the contrary are part of an elaborate hoax by Linkara.

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

No wonder I feel like my memory draws a blank when thinking about part 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

Honestly, Justice League was serviceable enough. It wasn’t GOOD by any means but there was an attempt to course correct. I enjoyed it more than some MCU movies.

Hidden:
    A lot of people complaining that WB cut out 40 minutes, but it was probably for the best. The exposition was extremely clunky, and one scene was shamelessly lifted from LotR, but the plot stays on course (actually there is no plot) and there is no sidetracking into Snyderian bullshit

The humor was SO BAD. Barry is the most annoying character ever. Cyborg was bad as well, but Aquaman shows promise, even though he’s a generic bro. The scene with Mera was probably the worst in the movie though since thy dumped his entire backstory into 2 minute dialogue.

There were a lot of lingering ass shots of WW when she wore leather pants, but tbf Superman and Aquaman were shirtless for half the movie. Also Gadot looked good in those pants.

Patty Jenkins directs Gadot MUCH BETTER than Snyder and Whedon. I had to eat crow after that movie came out in how she owned that role, but some of the lines and emoting in this movie are not good.

Batfleck is the definitive Batman, even though he got punked so much in this movie that it feels like Johns ghostwrote it. Also I’m ready for WonderBats!

Steppenwolf is the worst. Special effects were bad throughout.

Because of my low expectations, I enjoyed the movie very much. Maybe too much. Nevertheless the low scores Justice League obtained, are not justified in my opinion. Most of the reviews just try to jump on the bandwagon. It is not a masterpiece, but a solid action movie.
    Videogames with german commentary: www.youtube.com/user/hasew

Spoiler:
    They didn't earn that Booyah.

They also are incredibly evasive about Steppenwolf's actual deal, to the point that Darkseid is only mentioned once and it's really unclear what Step's actually accomplishing.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

I liked it. Don't get the critics. Sure it wasn't fantastic, but hey, I had more fun in this than in thor 1 and 2, movie, in Iron man 2, in Avengers 2, In Cap 1, in Dr Strange.

Was better than WW I thought. But then i didn't think WW was that good. Deffo better than BvS and Suicide, inferior to MoS.

Spoiler:
    Issues? I just wish I could have sat there 40 minutes more and got to see the characters interact and be on screen longer. Like, you just *know* they cut apart quite a good amount of dialogue between everyone, and perhaps even some of the fight scenes. Also kinda wish they'd gone a little further in establishing the relevance of SteppenWolf's weapon, and given him more of a complex characterisation. But hey, it was fun to see him and the JL going at it, so I can't complain too much.

Final fighting area was cheesy and lame. But exactly what I expected. Got Ultron final fight vibes, it's ALWAYS some remote place in Russia, isn't it?

Loved Jason Momoa's Aquaman. WW was badly directed. Batman looked tired, but did his job. Flash was fun, if a bit excessively on the nose with his humour. Cyborg was good, I guess, they developed him a lot within a small amount of time. I did feel like he went from emo to happy-go-lucky Booya a little too fast though, wasn't deserved. Alfred was perfect in every way. Supes was... okay?

CGI was better than I expected tbh. WW set my CGI expectations very low.

Still, mine are mostly nitpicks, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Glad I went to see it. Hope they make more.
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

A meh mess anayway. I rather would have liked to see a full Zack Snyder cut of it instead. At least it would have been a cohesive vision, even if meh all the same.

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

It made 38 million on Friday is is projected to barely clear 100 million for the weekend

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

I'm excited to see it. I loved batman v superman quite a bit, though I'm a DC fanboy. I enjoy all the marvel movies a lot too. I'm not too concerned about the reviews. I thought Suicide Squad was garbage and deserved the bad reviews. WW was alright, though I saw it late after hearing it was some sort of masterpiece, and was let down. It was still a good movie, just thought the hype was undeserved.\

Is there any talk of releasing a Director's cut like batman v superman got?
    I am worried about the CGI, MoS and batman vs superman had good effects, but SS and WW were hard to watch at points. I've seen clips, and Cyborg looks kinda iffy CGI-wise. I don't understand how they are screwing up with this. I know nothing of how CGI works, but one would think they'd pour enough money into it to get people that know what they're doing.

Man I want DC to make better movies. They have such good comics and animated movies, I just don't get how they keep pushing out such mediocre plots with such good source material. Zach Snyder seems passionate enough so I doubt he's half-assing it, so what's the problem?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information