+ Reply to Thread
Page 304 of 305 FirstFirst ... 204 254 294 302 303 304 305 LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,080 of 6085

Thread: DC Movies Thread - In satin tights, Fighting for your rights

Default Re: DC Movies Thread - In satin tights, Fighting for your rights

It's just mineral free so it reduces fluid retention. The bodybuilder will look more chiselled on the competition as a result.

Of course, the prolonged use is risky by itself, even more so if you're on a strict diet for days. Honestly I'll never get the appeal of that type of sport.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Except that rugby isn't a healthy sport at all
    If you put on too much weight, you will suck at running. If you suck at running, it means that your heart is not fine at all
    There are different positions. Forwards are usually more bulky and they sprint a lot less than backs, who are on the lighter side and more mobile (I'm a winger, shitload of running). But there are guys with like 110 kg who run 100 meters in 11 seconds. And those forwards do a lot more than running. Tackling, pushing, lifting. Having more muscle helps protect the body during collisions.

If you're playing a character capable of incredible feats of strength, you just have to look the part, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Razh; October 31st, 2018 at 04:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

When I say running, I mean jogging not sprinting. Like, they can't run for 30min straight with ease. Which is what's required to be in good health
    Rugby is the only sport that demands to put on more weight

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    When I say running, I mean jogging not sprinting. Like, they can't run for 30min straight with ease. Which is what's required to be in good health
    Rugby is the only sport that demands to put on more weight
    That kind of general statement doesn't help your case, especially when talking to someone who knows what they are talking about. I know a guy who's around 100 kg who did a triathlon. Came in last but did it. 1,5 km swimming in a lake, 20 km bike ride and 10 km running. Dude in his late thirties, built like a brick wall. I mean you're talking about guys who are constanly switching between low intensity and high intensity work during 80 minutes or more. Jogging for 30 minutes is a joke.

Let's just pretend that american football, wrestling, boxing, kickboxing, MMA, disc throwing, various strongman and sumo (as a joke example) don't exist.

Also, more muscle does not equal more weight.

Should probably stop, though. Since we're not on Bodybulding.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

I'll also add. None of the modern movie action guys look too buff like Arnold Schwarzenegger (half the cast of Predator) or The Rock. Most of tese newer action stars are also pretty tall. They don't look nearly as unobtainable as Arnold's peak days.

Discovered Stowaway

I just now finally got around to watching Justice League (it was 4 bucks at Walmart, a Black Friday leftover...the fact that there were any left should have tipped me off how bad it was). Wow. This is why even the two Avengers who didn't get their own movies had cameos in the other heroes' movies beforehand. Would it really have been so bad to do a Flash movie first? And that post-credits garbage...like they really thought that was going anywhere. If the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, WB is insane for thinking this approach to their universe is going to get different results.

Would it really have been so bad to do a Flash movie first?
    Considering they still hadn't washed the funk of Green Lantern off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Considering they still hadn't washed the funk of Green Lantern off?
    What the hell does that have to do with anything? They had already made a Superman solo reboot, skipped a Batman reboot to do BvS, did a completely uncalled for Suicide Squad movie, and a Wonder Woman solo movie. Why would a Flash one have been out of place there to precede Justice League, irrespective of any Green Lantern flub from half a decade prior? Because of that, we got a Flash who was too afraid to actually do anything instead of one who'd already gotten his foot in the door of the school of hard knocks, and had nothing like what even the CW show has him capable of doing. Plus, even Thor Ragnarok didn't have as much overdoing it on the lightning effects as Flash's movements did.

I don't think a flash movie would've been out of place. But with the inconsistent quality of the DCU would they had been able to pull it off or just make another divisive superhero movie.

I like to think depending on what happens with Aquaman they'll give it some more consideration but who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

The first round of Aquaman critic reactions are out on twitter and co.
    https://movieweb.com/aquaman-movie-c...slN3z94HEGHeN4

Granted, all reactions on social media before release are to be taken with a grain of salt, but do I dare to hope?

Discovered Stowaway

I hate to sound petty but I'd rather their universe get off to a far more solid footing at its foundation and it has consistently failed to do so up to this point, and since we can't ignore the five movies prior to this, that stain will always linger on this one. Like how being forced to read a book for school diminishes one's enjoyment of it even if it's a really good one.

SF debris puts his behind the scenes videos on youtube, and the actual copyright flaggable material on vimeo, and I have no idea how to get the vimeo adress. Oh well. Actual review here.
    http://sfdebris.com/videos/animation...hephantasm.php
    Last edited by Robby; December 6th, 2018 at 03:38 AM.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

I know it has nothing to do with DC, but my god all it has to do is to be from Warner Bros. and it could be an Earth 3 Ultraman origin.

Leave it to Sony to get a Superman movie made before Warner Bros.

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Uh . . . . what the fuck was that?

That was the son of Zod.

Question is will this kid kill more people than Henry Cavills superman in MoS?

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post

Discovered Stowaway

More than Superman has killed, but fewer than Batman has killed. Boy, Snyder really fucked that whole universe.

I assume Gunn worked on this movie while being with MARVEL. So... how awkward must it be now that he works for WB. lmao.

Discovered Stowaway

I assume Gunn worked on this movie while being with MARVEL. So... how awkward must it be now that he works for WB. lmao.
    Ehh...no more awkward than Green Lantern now being Deadpool. And before that being in Blade Trinity. Literally going from Fox Marvel to WB back to Fox Marvel. Or was Blade owned by Sony before?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information