+ Reply to Thread
Page 312 of 313 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,240 of 6252

Thread: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

They must be trying to ape on Netflix's gimmick.

Apparently mistakes were made

The initial report claims WarnerMedia executives did not like the direction of the show, leading them to cancel the series. However, Movies.com writer John Gholson reports North Carolina promised WarnerMedia a $40 million tax rebate that ended up getting diminished because of a paperwork error. The $40 million would have covered half of the first season's budget, which is estimated to be at $80 million.

The error also reportedly played a factor in the Season 1 production ending early back in April, with the season's episode count trimmed from 13 to 10. Once the error was discovered, WarnerMedia shut down production since the studio would be paying more for the series than it originally thought.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; June 6th, 2019 at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I liked the episode of Swamp thing I watched

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

I was watching the 90's animated series of Batman on ToonCast(amazing channel) yesterday
    And at first I thought I only prefer him out of nostalgic views, but then not, not really.
    I just can't get along with the emo-sociopath, murdering machine with mental issues Batman that Hollywood can't stop selling us.

So, I'm just here, hopeful that Pattinson will be a much more.... human Batman.

pls.

Who can say? It's up to the actor, but it's also equally up to the director and the script-writers.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    I was watching the 90's animated series of Batman on ToonCast(amazing channel) yesterday
    And at first I thought I only prefer him out of nostalgic views, but then not, not really.
    I just can't get along with the emo-sociopath, murdering machine with mental issues Batman that Hollywood can't stop selling us.

So, I'm just here, hopeful that Pattinson will be a much more.... human Batman.

pls.
    Odd how only Nolan seemed to make a Batman that wouldn't kill (directly).

3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    That's why he is still my undisputed favorite version of the Dark Knight.

I prefer Brave and the Bold, but that one is one of the best as well.

Watchmen

So I know several/many think of the movie as bad of the comic. I am wondering what makes it a bad for you and what makes the different endings problematic to you?

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Watchmen

So I know several/many think of the movie as bad of the comic. I am wondering what makes it a bad for you and what makes the different endings problematic to you?
    I haven't read the comic but I can say what I didn't like about the movie. The first time I watched it I felt like it was a completely different movie every 5 minutes. It was much better the second time around but still could have been done a lot better.

The ending annoys me because the heroes ultimately fail and I dislike exercises in futility. Plus when you have an omnipotent and semi-omniscient god who can fix everything it makes no sense that it couldn't have been resolved sooner and more easily. I don't know, maybe I should have read the comic first but with my limited knowledge of the overall lore, there were things I just couldn't look past. I'm definitely no Snyder fan so that doesn't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    The ending annoys me because the heroes ultimately fail and I dislike exercises in futility.
    While the comic book technically doesn't end that way (it ends on a cliffhanger) the Doomsday Clock miniseries which essentially is a followup reveals that Ozymandias plan was found out and leads to the problems he was trying to avoid forcing him and some other characters to seek out Dr.Manhattan in the main DC Universe.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    While the comic book technically doesn't end that way (it ends on a cliffhanger) the Doomsday Clock miniseries which essentially is a followup reveals that Ozymandias plan was found out and leads to the problems he was trying to avoid forcing him and some other characters to seek out Dr.Manhattan in the main DC Universe.
    There's so many things the allegedly smartest man in the world couldn't predict. Anti-climactic.

There's so many things the allegedly smartest man in the world couldn't predict. Anti-climactic.

He also couldn't predict him winding up with a inoperable brain tumor

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    http://i68.tinypic.com/2hx94qf.jpg

He also couldn't predict him winding up with a inoperable brain tumor
    Or take measures to prevent such things. True geniuses are more proactive than that.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

SpiderMan FFH just reached 1 billion, third in a row with Black Panther and Captain Marvel.
    That's what making a successful and working cinematic universe means. Feels bad for Darkseid never getting the chance to try.

Oopps, posted on the DC thread... Welp
    Last edited by Monquito; July 26th, 2019 at 12:45 AM.

I can't imagine what Darkside would have been like in the current DC movie universe. I'm kinda glad they didn't even do a post trailer tease. Also I'm not sure how they would have revealed him and not had it feel either too rushed or too much like the MCU snippets we got of Thanos.

Once again, Patrick Willems made another amazingly insightful video.

NNID: TrowaAyanami
    3DS: 2964-8696-4030

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I can't imagine what Darkside would have been like in the current DC movie universe. I'm kinda glad they didn't even do a post trailer tease. Also I'm not sure how they would have revealed him and not had it feel either too rushed or too much like the MCU snippets we got of Thanos.
    A just-as-bland-but-stronger Steppenwolf. No matter how much time they had. He's not the sort you think of as being able to throw out a quip or even deliver a darkly humorous line like Thanos talking about how after all of his impersonal slaughtering of galaxies, he was going to enjoy annihilating Earth...very, very much.

I haven't read the comic but I can say what I didn't like about the movie. The first time I watched it I felt like it was a completely different movie every 5 minutes. It was much better the second time around but still could have been done a lot better.
    The comic had chapter breaks (or individual issues originally) so the format works better there.

The movie really, REALLY needed to restructure things some for movie format and it didn't because Snyder didn't understand the material so he just kept it in the exact same sequence as the book.

The ending annoys me because the heroes ultimately fail and I dislike exercises in futility.
    Ozymandius' plan went off without a hitch. He saved the world from nuclear war, AND he got the monstrous god figure to leave the world. The crazy gross anti-social hobo in a mask failed to stop him from saving the world.

Plus when you have an omnipotent and semi-omniscient god who can fix everything it makes no sense that it couldn't have been resolved sooner and more easily.
    There were holes in Manhattan's omnipotence. The event surrounding Ozy's plan left a sort of big glaring white space where he couldn't see. And, even though he can basically see into all times at once and can multifocus doing twenty things, his personal perception is still in a straight line. He doesn't realize and understand certain things until he does, he doesn't focus on past or future events until he focuses on them. Sometimes a snippet of "you'll be crying in five minutes" will come to him, but he doesn't exactly know the inbetween that causes it..

The comic explained that better.

I don't know, maybe I should have read the comic first but with my limited knowledge of the overall lore, there were things I just couldn't look past. I'm definitely no Snyder fan so that doesn't help either.[/QUOTE]
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

A fan made a fan art of The Riddler as played by David Tennant, and lots of fans are down for the idea:
    https://movieweb.com/the-batman-davi...WxuQgsGA94fB3g

Hell, I would love it if David Tennant played The Riddler.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information