+ Reply to Thread
Page 323 of 323 FirstFirst ... 223 273 313 321 322 323
Results 6,441 to 6,456 of 6456

Thread: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    I really am wondering now if the scene of Ezra's Flash in "Crisis on Infinite Earths" is going to to be included in the film itself. If they are going to be going for a multiverse type film, based on Keaton's casting, it leads me to believe so. Especially given Marc Gug said that his cameo was pushed by Warner Brothers themselves, and not something the CW crew was honestly asking for.
    Keaton's universe was in "Crisis" too...
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post
    Keaton's universe was in "Crisis" too...
    I imagine it shared the same fate as the Reeve Superman verse in the same Crisis, being rebooted as either the same or another Earth, just without the whole being destroyed part
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

I want to believe we're going back to when Batman wasn't a sadistic, emo, sociopath.

Pattinson looks like the good fellow Batman who saved kitties from trees.

I mean to be fair the character as originally written wasn’t above killing people like most pulp heroes of the day.

where as the sadism in the right circumstances can be one of the funniest things about him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Ray Fisher is saying Joss Whedon was cruel and abusive on the set of Justice League

After originally singing praises about him on Twitter.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    After originally singing praises about him on Twitter.
    Do you think it’s some sort of stunt to build up the Snyder cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Do you think it’s some sort of stunt to build up the Snyder cut?
    Don’t know to be honest but what he’s doing comes off as weird especially so as at least for now no one’s backed up his arguments.

Whedon's a known douchebag and predator going by what his ex-wife has publicly detailed, so I'm not very surprised that he would treat his staff poorly.
    Julie|She/Her|Bi|

Whedon is an abuser, but Fisher also claimed the rest of the crew was abusive too... which seems a little too convenient that everyone was a monster on set except Zachary King Snyder, a guy who ideologically believes selfishness is the greatest good.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieYBM View Post
    Whedon's a known douchebag and predator going by what his ex-wife has publicly detailed, so I'm not very surprised that he would treat his staff poorly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Whedon is an abuser, but Fisher also claimed the rest of the crew was abusive too... which seems a little too convenient that everyone was a monster on set except Zachary King Snyder, a guy who ideologically believes selfishness is the greatest good.
    AWWWW that sucks, I'm a huge Whedon fanboy, I love Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Doll House, Cabin in the woods, and Avengers 1 & 2

so it sucks to hear he's not the best person, I'm still gonna watch his new show the Nevers when it comes out though

I think the last person in media that you could truly call a good person was Mr. Rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I think the last person in media that you could truly call a good person was Mr. Rogers.
    Him and Bob Ross

To this day it amazes me that people are SURPRISED that Joss Whedon turned out to have issues with women. Like, have you seen literally ANY show he has worked on?

Yeah, Buffy and Willow being strong female leads in the 90's gets him a lot of street cred for being feminist, but then you look at the plots and abusive relationships he kept putting them through? (First Angel being like 300 years older than her underage self, and then Spike and all ooginess there?)
    And how badly he had the main POV character on Firefly treat Inara? "He's secretly in love with her" doesn't cut it with how outright abusive and insulting he was to her constantly. It doesn't matter what her job is, you don't keep calling her "the hooker" over and over again and get pass.
    The entire premise of Dollhouse?
    The Black Widow subplot in Avengers 2?
    The entire premise and conclusion of Dr. Horrible?

Like, the guy has an extreme talent for witty dialogue and jokes, and paces a story well, he's definitely a good writer and creator? And he is is willing to put strong female characters in his shows, props to him, but he also very, very obviously has some recurring issues. That... when they show up THAT often are obviously going to be part of who he is in real life.
    Last edited by Robby; July 4th, 2020 at 03:39 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Joss Whedon basically supports the idea of looking like he supports women in media.

I guess we should see this sort of thing coming when we're all heralding a cishet White guy for being a feminist genius instead of giving more praise to women.
    Julie|She/Her|Bi|

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information