+ Reply to Thread
Page 338 of 339 FirstFirst ... 238 288 328 336 337 338 339 LastLast
Results 6,741 to 6,760 of 6767

Thread: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Wait how the Snydercut do that? Also god damn that would have been cool, although knowing DC’s track record I wouldn’t exactly be confident they could deliver
    Apparently the producers didn't want to bring back Darkseid so soon.

https://www.cbr.com/new-gods-movie-s...ustice-league/

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Apparently the producers didn't want to bring back Darkseid so soon.

https://www.cbr.com/new-gods-movie-s...ustice-league/
    Cool cool thanks for the info

man that sucks though, I love the new gods, Jack Kirby is the man

also for anyone who wants to know who the characters in suicide squad are

I completely understand if you want to go in blind or if your obsessed with DC and already know all these characters

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Wait how the Snydercut do that? Also god damn that would have been cool, although knowing DC’s track record I wouldn’t exactly be confident they could deliver
    Because he used the New Gods villains and Warners doesn't want to confuse audiences by having Darkseid and Granny Goodness in two films back to back, when they're trying to move AWAY from the Synder stuff.. and they don't want the deluxe cut to be required viewing. Their universe is enough of a mess already.

Similar to how Justice League and Teen Titans couldn't use any Batman villains because there was another Batman show at the time.

Of course *currently* DC is okay with having 8 different unrelated Batman projects but I guess they now decided THOSE characters are well known enough to get away with it.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I guess appearing in multiple films back to back is only okay if you’re Quinnpool Harlequinn.

Even when the reception to at least two of those films were meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

I also feel like an issue with New Gods, is most people care mostly just about Darkseid. Maybe some other people from Apokolips, but there's not really much of a interest in anyone from New Genesis, aside from Mister Miracle.

New Gods was suppose to follow Scott, Barda, and Granny mostly. I would prefer Orion to be followed as well in the same sense as Leo (Scott) and Damon (Orion) in Departed, but Ava has never mentioned him. Ava and Tom have both kept people updated about that at least. Her interactions with fans over Barda and the Furies is what I remember the most. She is similar to Gunn when it comes to fan transparency, despite WB being a shithole studio that is against communicating to the fans their plans. While Feige is the complete opposite.

I believe that Warner intends to continue the Snyder mess and this is why Ava's New Gods film was shelved. The studio is constantly keeping the fans out the loop and Snyder has said that he's done. Mangold has spoken to the division at the studio when it comes to his Sandman series and why it never came to be. They're gonna wait til The Suicide Squad campaign is well and done, then sneak the Snyder mess back in as in development for some HBO Max hybrid release. Snyder most likely will agree to it, even tho he appears done with the whole bit. It's all theatrics.

Black Adam begins filming next week. The Batman is done filming and is in post production. Andy begins filming The Flash in the next few months.

More evidence of how Joss Whedon was an ass filming Justice League:
    https://www.insider.com/joss-whedon-...B6dFUhzpwFRi6o

Apparently being a classic bully, but especially to Gal Gadot.

Is it bad that I’m still going to watch Joss Whedon’s new show the Nevers when it comes out?

No, why would it be? It's not like he's a murderer, he's "just" an ass. It's crappy, but I try to separate art and artist from another.
    Last edited by Riddler; April 8th, 2021 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I guess appearing in multiple films back to back is only okay if you’re Quinnpool Harlequinn.

Even when the reception to at least two of those films were meh.
    Suicide Squad made 800 million (based almost entirely on the strength of its trailers.) So of course another one got greenlit.

Birds of Prey was generally liked... by the audiences that saw it. But the title was bad bad bad.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    No, why would it be? It's not like he's a murderer, he's "just" an ass. It's crappy, but I try to separate art and artist from another.
    Good to know! Cause I've been waiting along time for this show

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

as someone not educated in the DC canon, the discovery of a villain named Granny Goodness made my day!

i've gone through some pics of her on google and it seems the type of character that Kathy Bates would have a field day playing her

Quote Originally Posted by puffing.cinema View Post
    as someone not educated in the DC canon, the discovery of a villain named Granny Goodness made my day!

i've gone through some pics of her on google and it seems the type of character that Kathy Bates would have a field day playing her
    She played a pretty large role in season 3 of Young Justice, and was a recurring Darkseid minion in the DCAU, mostly the Superman cartoon.

She was voiced by Ed Asner in that version which is kind of amazing.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

ooof I dropped s03 of YJ around episode 04 or 05, but i'm having trouble to remember her. maybe she apperared later on?

anywho, thanks for the vid, Robby. i was under the impression that she would sound like Divine, with a bit of softness on her tone, but Ed just choose violence all the way lol.

I've never really cared of Asner as Granny Goodness. It just reeks of transphobia and transphobic tropes, not to mention just winds up taking a role away from women in general when women already have a much more limited scope of roles they can get.
    She/Her | If you want to be a girl you can just be a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    She played a pretty large role in season 3 of Young Justice, and was a recurring Darkseid minion in the DCAU, mostly the Superman cartoon.

She was voiced by Ed Asner in that version which is kind of amazing.
    He also voiced her in Superman/Batman Apocalypse, also being amazing:

Quote Originally Posted by JulieYBM View Post
    I've never really cared of Asner as Granny Goodness. It just reeks of transphobia and transphobic tropes, not to mention just winds up taking a role away from women in general when women already have a much more limited scope of roles they can get.
    I can understand the feeling, and I might have agreed more if Asner hadn't been so damn awesome. But to my knowledge that is the only time she was voiced by a man, and I don't think any man can succeed Asner. She's been voice by women in several other versions:

And I'm sure if she ever shows up in the movies they'll find an amazing actress for her too. (I vote for Kathy Bates)

Quote Originally Posted by puffing.cinema View Post
    ooof I dropped s03 of YJ around episode 04 or 05, but i'm having trouble to remember her. maybe she apperared later on?
    Yeah, she doesn't appear until later in the season. I just finished season 3 myself and I'd say it's worth finishing up if you can get around to it. Also, in this version Granny Goodness has a more conventional old lady voice.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieYBM View Post
    Either casted as other females or young boys?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Either casted as other females or young boys?
    I don't think cis women should be playing trans boys, no. Cis women playing cis boys isn't an issue.
    She/Her | If you want to be a girl you can just be a girl.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information