+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 279 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Movies Thread - In satin tights, Fighting for your rights

Default Re: Reboot of the Superman movies (The Man of Steel)

Not to mention, fundamentality, Batman is a man who dresses up as a giant Bat that fights crime in order to work his fear, into avenging the falling city of Gotham.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

The Devil's best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    I will never be able to take villains in a movie called "Metallo" and "Braniac". I don't care how established they are in the comics. The names are stupid and any regular joe is gonna laugh his way out of the theater as soon as these names are uttered.
    Wanna know which sounds just as stupid?
    Catwoman
    Scarecrow
    Firefly
    The Joker.
    Hush
    The Penquin
    The Riddler.

Nice, I like .
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

I really dunno how to feel about this cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

Amy Adams is fucking awesome, but I've always felt that she'd be the perfect Jean Grey, and not so much a Lois Lane. But she's reached different heights with her acting.

She can pull it off. I have no idea why anyone would hate this woman.

After seeing the reaction Snyder's Sucker Punch is getting, I'm hoping he doesn't ruin Superman.

The Devil's best friend.

Talking Re: Reboot of the Superman movies (The Man of Steel)

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    After seeing the reaction Snyder's Sucker Punch is getting, I'm hoping he doesn't ruin Superman.

Chris Nolan is involved somewhat, so he'll keep him in check. Anyway, with that film it felt like he wasn't really trying to make a 'great' movie is so much as he was trying intentionally to make one of the most outrageous film to flex his visual style some more. I view that movie as more of a 'warm-up' and this Superman reboot will show a more mature, sophisticated side to his style. It's a movie he's actually taking more seriously than his other one's since he's tackling such an iconic character(that's beyond him). Also he's working off someone else's material so I'm sure it'll be great, I mean it's not like the guy is telling the story or even writing it(it's Goyer's script).

Sucker Punch was more of a shallow, action film that's intentionally supposed to be stupid and make no sense. He wasn't taking it that seriously and he was just 'relaxing' with that one. Superman has been around for many generations, with many incarnations and one of the most well known characters in existence, but unfortunately his age has consequences as he now considered 'retro' in these times(look at Flux's Superhero thread) were many folks voted Spiderman and Batman over him. This movies core goal is to fix that, and put Superman back into the modern consciousness and put him back in fashion and I'm sure Synder is aware of that challenge and will be maturing his style enough to fit with this particular 'modern realistic take' on this character.

Superman is going to be ruined in a way you never thought possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Chris Nolan is involved somewhat, so he'll keep him in check.
    Nolan has basically at this point run away from as far as he can from this film. His original role was to act as a "godfather" to the film, but has dropped out due to work on The Dark Knight Returns.

Not too long ago Alan Moore finished his "sequel" to 300, Warner Bros. bought the movie rights to it and Zac Synder was like "let me direct it guys!" but they said "NO" because the early test audiences for Sucker Punch were coming back negatively and the set of the new Superman Movie is in such disarray people are basically showing up to work and doing nothing for weeks at a time. Check io9 for the full article.

The stars are aligned for this movie to bomb and bomb hard at that.
    "Wasn't the Internet made for scanlations in the first place?"- Simon Jones

The Devil's best friend.

Nolan has basically at this point run away from as far as he can from this film. His original role was to act as a "godfather" to the film, but has dropped out due to work on The Dark Knight Returns.
    You mean Dark Knight Rises? Even so Nolan still acts as a consultant for Snyder.

Yeah, I feel like Chris and I, we actually get along really well and Chris is a really interesting guy and heís been incredibly helpful and incredibly supportive. I think he just treats me the way he would want to be treated as far as he just has a lot of respect for other filmmakers. Heís an incredible resource on the other hand and heís super-busy but we see each other quite a bit, and itís kind of fun and I think we have a pretty good time.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/zack-sndyer...requel-xerxes/

Besides, even if Nolan wasn't as involved and left it completely up to him , we still have Goyer(who co-wrote The Dark Knight) to rely on. This isn't exactly Zach's material he's just fine-tuning it and bringing it to life.

Again like I said Zach's style will change in this movie and this is cold hard evidence.

Because Superman takes place in a more realistic world, I think it will be a slight departure for me just visually because I think youíre going to go to a more real world. Iíve never made a movie that wasnít stylized. All the movies Iíve made have been stylized worlds. Who knows? I mean, who knows, we havenít started shooting it yet.
    Snyderís wife and producing partner Deborah Snyder thinks that Superman will ďbe a definite departure from the things heís done because the idea is to make him relevant in our world today.Ē So it appears they are trying to ground the character as much as possible to the world of today, something moviegoers can relate to ó and not some super stylized world.
    Keep in mind, he isn't writing the story just presenting to the screen.

Not too long ago Alan Moore finished his "sequel" to 300, Warner Bros. bought the movie rights to it and Zach Synder was like "let me direct it guys!" but they said "NO" because the early test audiences for Sucker Punch were coming back negatively and the set of the new Superman Movie is in such disarray people are basically showing up to work and doing nothing for weeks at a time. Check io9 for the full article.
    You mean Frank Miller wrote a sequel to 300 right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    You mean Dark Knight Rises? Even so Nolan still acts as a consultant for Snyder.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/zack-sndyer...requel-xerxes/

Besides, even if Nolan wasn't as involved and left it completely up to him , we still have Goyer(who co-wrote The Dark Knight) to rely on. This isn't exactly Zach's material he's just fine-tuning it and bringing it to life.
    We're told by knowledgeable insiders the reason Warner Bros. picked Snyder for Man of Steel is that the script by David Goyer was rushed, is still a bit of a mess, and that Warner Bros. needs someone who won't spend months or even years trying to get it just right (i.e. Aronofsky), because time is the one thing they don't have: The studio must have a new Superman movie in production by 2011 or they'll be subject to potential lawsuits by the heirs of the superhero's creators. We're told that Snyder was not really Warner's first choice to direct Superman, but that a director needed to be hired imminently. Privately, even Snyder has confided to agency sources that the current Superman script needs work [...]
    http://io9.com/#!5657139/darren-aronofsky-offered-wolverine-2-wasnt-given-superman-because-the-scripts-a-mess

The script is a mess and he'll translate that on screen.

Again like I said Zach's style will change in this movie and this is cold hard evidence.
    I sincerely doubt it, can't teach old dogs new tricks. He'll go back to his way of making movies.

Keep in mind, he isn't writing the story just presenting to the screen.
    Even a good script can be butchered by a director.

You mean Frank Miller wrote a sequel to 300 right?
    Yep that's the guy, my bad.

And that /film article just back up what i bought up before when he mentioned about having enough time to direct Xerxes.
    Why isn't Zack Snyder directing the sequel to his epically popular movie 300? Rumor has it his next two features are a bit of a disaster, including the massive tent-pole production Superman. Vulture is reporting that Warner Bros. had offered 300 sequel Xerxes, based off the Frank Miller graphic novel, to Sherlock Holmes director Guy Ritchie. Great for Ritchie, terrible news for original movie developer Zack Snyder.
    So why did Snyder get forced out of Xerxes? The New York Magazine blog has two theories. One, that the third act from Snyder's new tent-pole super hero picture, Superman is a complete mess, and the WB is forcing the director to focus all his attention onto his struggling superhero feature.
    Warner Bros. needs Snyder to bear down on Superman stat: Insiders say the closely-guarded script for Superman [written by David Goyer and Christopher Nolan] suffers from major third-act problems, and the studio faces a ticking clock on that franchise, legally speaking; if a Superman film isn't in production by 2013, Warner Bros. loses the rights to the entire Superman franchise and would have to re-license it from its original creators - the estates of Detective Comics writers Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster - at great if not prohibitive expense.
    http://io9.com/#!5761801/is-zack-snyders-superman-in-trouble
    "Wasn't the Internet made for scanlations in the first place?"- Simon Jones

General Zod, eh?

I wonder if he'll be the only villain in the movie.

I'd love Metallo and I think Doomsday could be pulled off..But..what's the chance of that? Ahaha.

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

I was hoping it'd be Brainiac, but whatever.

Well there's still room for another villain (possibly), so I wouldn't really rule anyone out just yet.

The Devil's best friend.

Well there's still room for another villain (possibly), so I wouldn't really rule anyone out just yet.
    Lex Luthor should be in this film, but not necessarily the main villain or at least he should appear in the form of a foreshadowing/hint for the sequel(if this one is successful.
    Kinda like at the end of Begins with the Joker being hinted.

If they do him, I want a more modern Luthor in the comics, instead of the camp one.

The Devil's best friend.

Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

I'm kinda bummed it's Zod... I mean, we have two villains already done in the movies... Zod, and Lex, and Lex, and Lex again...

I kinda wanted SOMEONE new, like Brainiac, or Metallo, or the Parasite... someone else...
    I'd also like to see the Seeds of Darkseid planed in this movie, and have each movie build toward a 3rd that is some kind of Epic battle with Apokalypse... Either way, as long as Superman punches people, I'm good.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 ē Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

The Devil's best friend.

Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    I'm kinda bummed it's Zod... I mean, we have two villains already done in the movies... Zod, and Lex, and Lex, and Lex again...
    A new take on Zod is atleast getting somewhere. Its still a major sign this movie will be better than at least Returns. Plus modern Luthor might appear in this film.

But with Synder directing, and Goyer writing I expect this film to be above average.
    I kinda wanted SOMEONE new, like Brainiac, or Metallo, or the Parasite... someone else...
    I'd also like to see the Seeds of Darkseid planed in this movie, and have each movie build toward a 3rd that is some kind of Epic battle with Apokalypse... Either way, as long as Superman punches people, I'm good
    Keep in my mind that more villains might be announced, Zod is the only one announced currently and we already have someone new(kinda) with that Foara chick.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information