+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 279 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 5569

Thread: DC Movies Thread - In satin tights, Fighting for your rights

  1. #81

    Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    I'm kinda bummed it's Zod... I mean, we have two villains already done in the movies... Zod, and Lex, and Lex, and Lex again...

    I kinda wanted SOMEONE new, like Brainiac, or Metallo, or the Parasite... someone else...
    I know exactly how you feel. I would love to see Metallo in a movie. Brainiac also. Maybe even the Toyman, if he's portrayed as creepily as he was in Superman: The Animated Series. (Plastic Doll Head and all).




  2. #82
    The Devil's best friend.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    N/A

    Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

    http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli..._man_of_steel/

    David Goyer leaves writing duties to do Godzilla, 300 writer succeeds him.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Oh my god! Superman is now completely handled by both the 300 writer and director now.


    I pray this ends well.

  3. #83

    Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

    Well....there go my hopes for this movie.

    It's sad. I was really looking forward to this.




  4. #84
    The Devil's best friend.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    N/A

    Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

    Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    Well....there go my hopes for this movie.

    It's sad. I was really looking forward to this.
    There still a slight array of hope. Jonathan Nolan has done work on it, while Nolan and Goyer have come up with the story. Zach Snyder has said this movie will be a huge departure from his previous works, in that it will take place in a more grounded realistic world than he's ever done(so that means his direction might be good).

    Plus he's casted some great actors like Michael Shannnon and Russel Crowe.

    There's a chance this film might be good, but not excellent somewhat like Begins.
    But......the casting is great IMO.


    This new movie franchise will not include 'happy American dream!' Superman. The arc will be how people are afraid of him, and Supes questioning his humanity and purpose on earth. He won't be emo, but he will be portrayed in a more dimensional light than his previous interpretations. He'll be hunted down by the military and seen as a threat.

    Lois Lane will be the one of the few not afraid of him. In fact, it will feature a drama between them in some ways.

  5. #85
    The Devil's best friend.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    N/A

    Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

    Well folks more proof this movie is troubled. The release date has now switched from December 2012 to June 2013.


    http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/07/21...steel-delayed/

    I could sense something was up, and seeing the pace of how things are going with rewrites I'm not surprised in the least, but now the pressure of Warner Bros. losing Superman is running higher and now its been delayed. Hopefully this extra time will grant them a chance to make the best movie they can(if they ever can). Its a great chance the production might fall apart making Warner Bros. lose the film rights to Supes... I really hope this movie comes into fruition..... I want this movie to be good, so maybe its good news.

  6. #86
    The Devil's best friend.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    N/A

    Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

    New interview with Cavil



    Cavil calls the new script one of the best he's ever read

  7. #87
    Back To Black Flux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom

    Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

  8. #88

    Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

    Is that a legit picture? Superman is going bald.

    HEROMAN... ATTACK!!

  9. #89
    The Devil's best friend.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    N/A

    Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel


  10. #90

    Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

    It seems like this movie's costume is taking a few cues from the new Superman post-reboot Costume.




  11. #91
    The Devil's best friend.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    N/A

    Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

    Actually I'd say they had the basic concept design even before the comics reboot was even annoucned. Its just a coindence, its very doubtful the new comcis reboot costume really influenced it.

    Its just that both this film and the new comics relaunch are trying to make Superman more 'modern'.

    Which I guess means they both get rid of the red undies.

  12. #92

    Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

    Quote Originally Posted by Benjaman View Post
    Is that a legit picture? Superman is going bald.
    That's the reflection of the light...

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Actually I'd say they had the basic concept design even before the comics reboot was even annoucned. Its just a coindence, its very doubtful the new comcis reboot costume really influenced it.
    The new designs for the reboot were first designed about a year ago, so I don't think it's very much a coincidence.

    And why shouldn't the costume in the comics affect the costume in a movie based on the comics?




  13. #93
    Back To Black Flux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom

    Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

    Also just because he styles his hair that way, doesn't mean it's 'receding.'
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

  14. #94
    The Devil's best friend.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    N/A

    Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

    Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    That's the reflection of the light...

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---



    The new designs for the reboot were first designed about a year ago, so I don't think it's very much a coincidence.

    And why shouldn't the costume in the comics affect the costume in a movie based on the comics?

    I never said that it shouldn't. But this new suit seems to be exactly how I imagine it would look like, that and this new suit is clearly its onw animal; the only thing that it has in commmon with the new comcis relaunch costume is the of lack underwear. But really it seems to be a very creative decison the movie folks made on their own, and would have made on their own with or without the comics relaunch. Kinda like how Tim Burton got rid of the underwear from the comics in his first Bat film(keep in mind there was a Bat-film before even Burton's).

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    This interpreation of Superman is going to vatsly different from all the others. One thing one must learn is that at the end of this film, Supes still won't entirely win the trust of earth's people I expect that to be an arc for this film series.

    Like someone like Lex Luthor plays into the human's fear of aliens, and Supes questions his place on this planet which plays nicley into the themes of loneliness and identity.

    He will be fighting against the miltary alot in this film, people will be freaked out by his powers and may view him as an enemy. He really won't predictably win the trust of earth at the end of this film, at least not entirely.

  15. #95

    Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

    It looks horrendous. The hair is all wrong, his expression is wtf, and he looks more like the villain than humanity's protector.
    "Wasn't the Internet made for scanlations in the first place?"- Simon Jones

  16. #96
    The Devil's best friend.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    N/A

    Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

    Quote Originally Posted by The Iceman View Post
    It looks horrendous. The hair is all wrong, his expression is wtf, and he looks more like the villain than humanity's protector.
    I think seeing as I believe this film will tackle Supes in a realistic/modern context, I think that darker look is rather nice.

    Really I think it looks bad ass, plus Supes looks actually intimidating(unlike the gentler look of Chris Reeves and Brandon Routh) this version feels like earns the title 'Superman'. He looks like he'll finally kick some ass.
    In fact I think it invokes the feeling of the original tough, nonsense version in the 30's when he was created by Siegel and Shuster. I gotta say he feels strong, manly, and not afraid to punch somebody!

    Anyways,
    Visually the film resembles Watchmen, which means that this film will look beautiful despite my gripes with Zach's adaption of Watchmen I have to say it at least looked great .
    I'm excited since Zach's a pretty good visual/action director, that and he's working with someone else's material(Goyer's script) plus unlike Sucker Punch he's taking this seriously.


    So were bound to get a film, that's at least better than that mediocrity which was Returns

  17. #97

    Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

    Everything looks alright except for the hair.
    I'll need to see another picture that's a closeup from a different angle.


  18. #98
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The King Engine

    Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I think seeing as I believe this film will tackle Supes in a realistic/modern context, I think that darker look is rather nice.

    Really I think it looks bad ass, plus Supes looks actually intimidating(unlike the gentler look of Chris Reeves and Brandon Routh) this version feels like earns the title 'Superman'. He looks like he'll finally kick some ass.
    In fact I think it invokes the feeling of the original tough, nonsense version in the 30's when he was created by Siegel and Shuster. I gotta say he feels strong, manly, and not afraid to punch somebody!

    Anyways,
    Visually the film resembles Watchmen, which means that this film will look beautiful despite my gripes with Zach's adaption of Watchmen I have to say it at least looked great .
    I'm excited since Zach's a pretty good visual/action director, that and he's working with someone else's material(Goyer's script) plus unlike Sucker Punch he's taking this seriously.


    So were bound to get a film, that's at least better than that mediocrity which was Returns

    That's the problem. He's Superman, he doesn't need to be tackled in a realistic/modern context. He's freaking superman, he flies around, wears a cape, invents powers on the go. There's no reason for Superman to look any darker unless there's a plot twist I'm not aware of. Older or more muscular maybe, but darker? Leave that to Batman. Superman is supposed to be a light in which we can all believe in versus a guy like Batman, who uses his uniform and gadgets to inspire fear into those he fights. Superman doesn't need to do that, he doesn't need to operate in the shadows, everyone knows who he is because he's the protector of metropolis. I'll never dig the "darkness"

  19. #99
    The Devil's best friend.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    N/A

    Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    That's the problem. He's Superman, he doesn't need to be tackled in a realistic/modern context. He's freaking superman, he flies around, wears a cape, invents powers on the go. There's no reason for Superman to look any darker unless there's a plot twist I'm not aware of. Older or more muscular maybe, but darker? Leave that to Batman. Superman is supposed to be a light in which we can all believe in versus a guy like Batman, who uses his uniform and gadgets to inspire fear into those he fights. Superman doesn't need to do that, he doesn't need to operate in the shadows, everyone knows who he is because he's the protector of metropolis. I'll never dig the "darkness"
    Well that's understandable but the mistake you make is that you underestimate the potential of the character's adaptability, you seem to prefer 'happy simple hyperstylized American dream' Supes(which is fine) but I feel that the character can certainly go to serious/realistic realms but still maintain his essence of who he is, hell the comics have entered some pretty damn serious realms before I might add, and there are many different ways to do the character and . I feel that if you want Supes to resonate with a modern audience naturally going darker is the way to go. That does not mean, however; darker is naturally better but if you do right enough level for the character it can work wonders, besides its not like the spirit of Supes character is allergic to that kind of thing, in fact even in the original comics have tackled a lot of grim stuff and realistic stuff like suicide, child abuse and murder and war.
    I mean this guy won't be emo or anything, this one clearly looks like he has somethings to figure out but I see that as a natural evolution of the character in this age. The fact that this film gets to go a more serious route then before is truly a testament to how good this character is, and if he's really 'lightness' or hope then maybe this movies realistic\modern world should test that inherent goodness Supes has and make you resonate with him, and get a feel for the guy. I mean he isn't really this savior Jesus messiah as imagined, he isn't perfect so despite him coming from another planet he's still very human at heart, he's still the simple farm boy.

    I expect this film to just delve deep into how Clark became Superman, like him being that simple farm boy that was denied a normal life because of his heritage, maybe bring the idea that him having these powers makes him feel like an outcast, or that it attracts trouble to the world. I'd say its looking to to be a more interesting take on the character than the benevolent gentle messiah figure Reeves/Routh commonly portray him as and gets him back to his roots as this tough intimidating champion of good, at least that's what it looks like.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    I gotta say I like the hair alot, it makes him look more wild and vastly different from anything we've seen before I'm so glad the filmakes are getting away from the shadow of Reeves and doing their own thing.

    Now I wonder who'll play Luthor(if he's even in this)

  20. #100
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The King Engine

    Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Well that's understandable but the mistake you make is that you underestimate the potential of the character's adaptability, you seem to prefer 'happy simple hyperstylized American dream' Supes(which is fine) but I feel that the character can certainly go to serious/realistic realms but still maintain his essence of who he is, hell the comics have entered some pretty damn serious realms before I might add, and there are many different ways to do the character and . I feel that if you want Supes to resonate with a modern audience naturally going darker is the way to go. That does not mean, however; darker is naturally better but if you do right enough level for the character it can work wonders, besides its not like the spirit of Supes character is allergic to that kind of thing, in fact even in the original comics have tackled a lot of grim stuff and realistic stuff like suicide, child abuse and murder and war.
    I mean this guy won't be emo or anything, this one clearly looks like he has somethings to figure out but I see that as a natural evolution of the character in this age. The fact that this film gets to go a more serious route then before is truly a testament to how good this character is, and if he's really 'lightness' or hope then maybe this movies realistic\modern world should test that inherent goodness Supes has and make you resonate with him, and get a feel for the guy. I mean he isn't really this savior Jesus messiah as imagined, he isn't perfect so despite him coming from another planet he's still very human at heart, he's still the simple farm boy.

    I expect this film to just delve deep into how Clark became Superman, like him being that simple farm boy that was denied a normal life because of his heritage, maybe bring the idea that him having these powers makes him feel like an outcast, or that it attracts trouble to the world. I'd say its looking to to be a more interesting take on the character than the benevolent gentle messiah figure Reeves/Routh commonly portray him as and gets him back to his roots as this tough intimidating champion of good, at least that's what it looks like.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    I gotta say I like the hair alot, it makes him look more wild and vastly different from anything we've seen before I'm so glad the filmakes are getting away from the shadow of Reeves and doing their own thing.

    Now I wonder who'll play Luthor(if he's even in this)
    I still disagree. You can make a serious film without it being dark. Going dark is the easy way out, especially in films that don't warrant it. I didn't say it has to be happy simple hyperstylized American dream' Supes, but the things that make him Superman shouldn't be ignored. Also, the hair is ridiculous.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts