View Poll Results: Round 2: Team Edward or Team Jacob?

Voters
900. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perona-- OUT

98 10.89%
  • Hancock-- OUT

121 13.44%
  • Jinbe

155 17.22%
  • None of the above

526 58.44%
Closed Thread
Page 1001 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 501 901 951 991 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1011 ... LastLast
Results 20,001 to 20,020 of 20833

Thread: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

An Ordinary Crack Dealer MasterKingJC's Avatar

Default Re: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

And as we speak, high level assassins are being sent to Fishman Island to take out Jinbe.

We can dance if we want to...

Quote Originally Posted by krule274 View Post
    When does Oda ever clue towards anything? He's Mr. Unpredictable as it is so far. Not saying I agree with his crack pot theory either, but anything could happen.

Vivi being a PRINCESS THAT LOVES HER COUNTRY won't ever travel with the strawhats!! She has her duties to attend to, especially in the latest cover-arc, Kobra (her father) is sick so she will overtake his position and become a QUEEN of Alabasta.

But she definitely will aid the strawhats when the time comes and she will be shown at least at the all so important WG meeting.

Jinbe will come probably 2-3 arcs later to travel along with them. I'm glad Oda made him stay at FI now so we get to explore the strengths of the current strawhats!

by kamesoul @ LJ

Don't say never. I know it's not likely, but possible? Yes.

Consider that Vivi DID leave her country before in order to save Alabasta. She would do the same again if saving Alabasta meant sailing with the Straw Hats. Consider that the World Government is looking for the ancient weapons - one of which is burried in Alabasta. Now the marines are becoming increasingly militant under Akainu's leadership. The WG is going to be the big central villainous organization. They destroyed Ohara, they let the Celestial Dragons run wild, etc. Something very bad could happen to Alabasta at the hands of the World Government.
    GUTALALA SUDALALA

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Yep. Killed. Just like Pel-do you see where I'm going with this?
    Seriously, Ace and Whitebeard are the exceptions, not the rule. I wouldn't be surprised if even the fake Straw Hats pulled themselves out of the dirt for a cover story sometime soon. So don't even try to carve Jinbe's marker just because Hachi's out of the picture.
    Oooooooooh low blow :P
    No need to get stroppy at me because Jinbei decided to defer his acceptance speech I still stand by my position that out of all the SH's the best one to be killed off would be Jinbei - he is powerful, liked and unique but not essential to the plot in the way the others are.
    Pell survived because he is a Falcon - Stop using him as a bad example.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

Quote Originally Posted by Cteatus View Post
    Does no one else see the parallels between Jinbe and Ace? Ace was fire, Jinbe is water. They were matched evenly when Ace was trying to find Whitebeard and Jinbe was trying to stop Ace. They were in the same cell in Impel Down. I think when Jinbe cuts his ties with Big Mom, she is going to get incredibly angry and capture Jinbe. Big Mom is going to have an execution to show the whole world not to mess with her. And Luffy is going to rescue him , in an arc that mirrors the Whitebeard War arc, only this time Luffy is going to have all of his Nakama and is going to succeed and beat Big Mom, after which Jinbe will join the Straw Hats and the Sun Pirates will return to Fishman Island to protect it. After all, who better to lead all the fishmen, then the Sun Pirates.
    ^ This guy maybe on to something

What if it all goes down like with Ace but instead Luffy actually succeed's in saving Jinbe's life.

I just cant see Oda killing off Jinbe just to fulfill the Majority of Jinbe haters hopes & wishes.

"The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terror"

Quote Originally Posted by Cymelion View Post
    Oooooooooh low blow :P
    No need to get stroppy at me because Jinbei decided to defer his acceptance speech I still stand by my position that out of all the SH's the best one to be killed off would be Jinbei - he is powerful, liked and unique but not essential to the plot in the way the others are.
    It's only that it seems to be a rather recent theory you came up with, which is why I couldn't help wondering if there was a connection.

But I can play, too. How about Chopper? No one would expect the cute mascot to die, would they? Perfect, let's light the pyre and write up the will.

Like the Avatar? / Like the Miis?
    3DS FC: 4468-0979-5223 / Wii U ID: JSHerstein

Quote Originally Posted by cooldud_21 View Post
    Yup, let's kill the person who's finally gonna take care of all the Gear Second, Tension Hormone and Healing Hormone damage. Whoop-de-do.
    So then you see my point. Let's leave death out of the equation and take it as (and especially if) it comes.

Oda was barely able to kill a boat, and could only do Ace and Whitebeard after nearly 3 years of foreshadowing and build up and world changing. He couldn't even kill background character bit-my-tongue off pirate or "shot, burned and peed on" bystander.

Death among the mains is not going to happen lightly.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://actiontimebuddies.com/

If I had to choose it would be Robin to die though. Heck she wanted to die and she shows a lack of ambition and spirit like the rest. Even in the most recent chapter all she did was laugh when everyone was saying how they would help Luffy. Though since Oda took Jinbe out of the picture for a while I hope he goes back to the old and more vicious style when it is time for Jinbe to finally join the Strawhats :D
    Will someone tell me how to make a signature already? UGH!

So then you see my point. Let's leave death out of the equation and take it as (and especially if) it comes.
    Well it's a viable avenue for discussion - granted it may not be a very fruitful one or even a well liked avenue and that I can appreciate but I doubt anyone here could show cause as to why any of the other SH's would be able to be killed off, Jinbei is the weak link in that chain of events - He is a strong Character and has close ties to the crew - THAT SAID.
    With Big M having Jinbei's former crew and a grudge against Fishmen - it could well be that Jinbei is shown to be captured and will be killed and has to be rescued since he is a crewmate and Luffy is able to protect him showing a growth and change from his time with Ace.

Now that's a story arc I will enjoy even if the outcome can be guessed.
    Pell survived because he is a Falcon - Stop using him as a bad example.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

Saving crewmates has been done before :/ Jinbe should just bust out when the SH's arrive and join them, it may not be as teary but less cliche
    Will someone tell me how to make a signature already? UGH!

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

You forgot to add "yet". There's still Big Mom to take care of, or have you forgotten?
    No I didn't forget "yet". As of now he isn't on the crew and I thank Oda for that.

Hopefully that Big Mom arc is years away sorta how it took so long to get around to Ace being captured if Jinbe does end up being her prisoner.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Yes he is.

He just isn't on the boat yet.
    Just like Vivi and right now I'm thankful I don't have to suffer such a boring bore.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    No I didn't forget "yet". As of now he isn't on the crew and I thank Oda for that.

Hopefully that Big Mom arc is years away sorta how it took so long to get around to Ace being captured if Jinbe does end up being her prisoner.

Just like Vivi and right now I'm thankful I don't have to suffer such a boring bore.
    It's most certainly not years away, probably not even one. With both Big Mom and Luffy gunning for each other, they'll definitely get in proximity soon rather than later.

As much of a fight as you're putting up, you may eventually have to get used to that "boring bore" because as he told Neptune, he's still considering Luffy's offer. The answer will come after Big Mom, so feel free to woop and hollar then if he says no.

Luffy refers the people he WANTS TO TRAVEL WITH his "nakama"

Luffy refers the people he LIKES his "tomodachi"

In Vivi's case [I've just re-watched the anime], she asked if they EVER MEET AGAIN IN THE SEA (as in if she traveled outside again) would they take her as "nakama" and they answered "YES" by lifting their LEFT ARM [SO TOUCHING]

In Jinbei's case, Luffy ASKED him but he says he can't YET. He said that after he's finished his BUSINESS and when they meet again and Luffy's decision HASN'T CHANGED then he will be "nakama"

So Vivi and Jinbe is already "nakama" but I believe the TRAVELING CREW won't change until Big Mam's arc!

by kamesoul @ LJ

It's most certainly not years away, probably not even one. With both Big Mom and Luffy gunning for each other, they'll definitely get in proximity soon rather than later.
    When it comes to Oda and pacing I'm not going to bother arguing with you why what you just said is not a certainty.
    As much of a fight as you're putting up, you may eventually have to get used to that "boring bore" because as he told Neptune, he's still considering Luffy's offer. The answer will come after Big Mom, so feel free to woop and hollar then if he says no.
    I'm not putting up any fight. I post my opinion (it was more like joy and relief) and you can't help but respond to it. Quite frankly I don't see why me not liking Jinbe or wanting him on the crew should bother you at all, especially when you're so certain he'll be on the crew in a few months.

I'm just thankful I won't be seeing him next chap and more after that.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

When it comes to Oda and pacing I'm not going to bother arguing with you why what you just said is not a certainty.

I'm not putting up any fight. I post my opinion (it was more like joy and relief) and you can't help but respond to it. Quite frankly I don't see why me not liking Jinbe or wanting him on the crew should bother you at all, especially when you're so certain he'll be on the crew in a few months.

I'm just thankful I won't be seeing him next chap and more after that.
    No, I'm not saying Jinbe will join "in a few months". I'm saying the arc with Big Mom isn't going to take until at least 2014 to even start, considering you hope that it'll be "years away".

An island could easily fit between now and the end of this year with some room to spare. The arcs as a whole have gotten longer, but the time spent on specific islands always varies; even Sabaody and Amazon Lily didn't surpass more than a few months each. I just don't see the year ending with the crew not even being close to her.

Now, I hope you're not offended that I can't help commenting when you come in here and act like the case on Jinbe is closed. If you hope he never joins, that's fine. If you're happy for the reprieve from him, however temporary, that's fine too. Just keep in mind that this isn't the end of the matter, that's all I ask.
    Last edited by Shift; January 18th, 2012 at 10:50 PM.

No, I'm not saying Jinbe will join "in a few months". I'm saying the arc with Big Mom isn't going to take until at least 2014 to even start, considering you hope that it'll be "years away".
    You just said
    It's most certainly not years away, probably not even one
    Now you're saying the arc won't start until 2014. All I said was hopefully it's years away. Last I checked years indicates more than one, maybe in the 3-5 range if you ask a random person, it also depends on the emphasis. I didn't say 10 or 20. While you think it probably won't even be one year and yet "at the least" it'll start in 2014 lol. Whatever man.
    An island could easily fit between now and the end of this year with some room to spare. The arcs as a whole have gotten longer, but the time spent on specific islands always varies; even Sabaody and Amazon Lily didn't surpass more than a few months each. I just don't see the year ending with the crew not even being close to her.
    I never argued any of this so I don't really need to address it since I'm pretty sure I already brought up Oda and pacing.
    Now, I hope you're not offended that I can't help commenting when you come in here and act like the case on Jinbe is closed. If you hope he never joins, that's fine. If you're happy for the reprieve from him, however temporary, that's fine too. Just keep in mind that this isn't the end of the matter, that's all I ask.
    It is closed. Out of sight, out of mind.

It'd be great if two more ppl join the crew in between the time and he just regulated to honorary nakama/ally.
    Last.fm

they will more then likely pick up another member before jinbe joins similar to how ussop and sanji joined before nami even though she was traveling with with luffy first

You just said

Now you're saying the arc won't start until 2014. All I said was hopefully it's years away. Last I checked years indicates more than one, maybe in the 3-5 range if you ask a random person, it also depends on the emphasis. I didn't say 10 or 20. While you think it probably won't even be one year and yet "at the least" it'll start in 2014 lol. Whatever man.

It's amazing. Truly, I'm astounded. You seem to so easily and so blatantly twist my words that I might actually have to give you a medal. I must ask, did you comprehend ANYTHING I just said? Or did you just lose something in the shuffle? For whatever it's worth, this is the way I read it:

I directly addressed you about what you said on the arc itself, not on Jinbe in particular.

Now you're saying the arc won't start until 2014.
    I say it won't take until 2014, you seem to suggest that I think it will take that long. How is that even possible, unless you're doing your utmost best to misread it?

Fine, no more mincing words. Here are my thoughts in one nice, neat, concise little package, just for you:

The arc that will determine whether Jinbe will or won't join the crew will, most likely, begin this year; maybe not conclude, but begin. Maybe in the early months, maybe in December, but this year all the same.
    Last edited by Shift; January 18th, 2012 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chibi15 View Post
    Vivi being a PRINCESS THAT LOVES HER COUNTRY won't ever travel with the strawhats!! She has her duties to attend to, especially in the latest cover-arc, Kobra (her father) is sick so she will overtake his position and become a QUEEN of Alabasta.

But she definitely will aid the strawhats when the time comes and she will be shown at least at the all so important WG meeting.

Jinbe will come probably 2-3 arcs later to travel along with them. I'm glad Oda made him stay at FI now so we get to explore the strengths of the current strawhats!
    Like I said 2 pages back... I think it was one of the reasons after all why Jinbe hasn't joined now
    Right now, the Marines may be taking me lightly... but I'm telling ya...
    The one who's gonna cause them the most trouble in the end is me… "Black Leg" Sanji!

Closed Thread

Thread Information