View Poll Results: Round 2: Team Edward or Team Jacob?

Voters
900. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perona-- OUT

98 10.89%
  • Hancock-- OUT

121 13.44%
  • Jinbe

155 17.22%
  • None of the above

526 58.44%
Closed Thread
Page 102 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 602 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 20833

Thread: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

Default Re: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

If the crew is presumed to be completed before the New World, one fishman and one among the already introduced characters feels more likely. The fishman, who is not Jinbei, can't really be predicted without baseless speculation yet, so the other one is the baffler.
    I don't think it'll be completed before the New World. A character joining usually requires a full arc. There will be their reunion (really bad timing to add a character) and then FI. So I see them getting a new crewmate at FI, and one spot being left. There's a long way to go to the end, after all.

Unless Oda decides to troll us and put of FI for another hundred chapters.

Point being is, that Hancock/Jinbei/Perona are such a bad choice for potential nakama, that Bonney is looking pretty good atm ( even tho I must admit its kinda fked up) only with that kick in the face of BB, and the hint of background related to the WG.
    At least Jinbei and Hancock have a direct connection to Luffy and a motive to go with him.
    Last edited by Mikan; August 5th, 2010 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicFruit View Post
    Point being is, that Hancock/Jinbei/Perona are such a bad choice for potential nakama, that Bonney is looking pretty good
    Stopped reading there. Bonney is just the "next nakama of the week". That's all there's to it. She is a captain with a crew, captured or not.

The 20 month hiatus is over... "Chapters 180-237 - Fighting, Battling and Waging War" OUT NOW!!!

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide View Post
    (although my head probably isn't worth as much as them)
    What a thing to be proud of.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicFruit View Post
    Point being is, that Hancock/Jinbei/Perona are such a bad choice for potential nakama, that Bonney is looking pretty good atm ( even tho I must admit its kinda fked up) only with that kick in the face of BB, and the hint of background related to the WG.

That's how bad the other 3 are.
    No thank Jinbei is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea View Post
    What a thing to be proud of.
    Actually I'm kinda disappointed, I would like to be well known as a Perona supporter but I just don't comment all that often... oh well.

A real rain will come... Rank: Failed Mutineer JERK DISEASE's Avatar

I'm still on the Perona wagon too just too let you know, (although my head probably isn't worth as much as them)
    Who are you again?
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    Who are you again?
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    Who are you again?
    His first post was in my Era thread and ever since he only made 18 posts, including the 3 recent posts.

Actually I'm kinda disappointed, I would like to be well known as a Perona supporter but I just don't comment all that often... oh well.
    Actually I think you are lucky.

Try giving us an argument on how Perona could join, despite Moria's survival. So far, no one has done that.

The 20 month hiatus is over... "Chapters 180-237 - Fighting, Battling and Waging War" OUT NOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by herr_sebbe View Post
    Try giving us an argument on how Perona could join, despite Moria's survival. So far, no one has done that.
    Actually no one should do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea View Post
    Actually no one should do that.
    Rather have something to argue against than just bash as it is now.

Also while I'm still online, I might aswell throw in my new thoughts on why she'll join. When I found out this chapter that Moria lived but is in a near death state with very little time on his hands I immediately thought "Samurai Champloo". It's kinda similar if you think about it, Samurai Champloo was basically a girl getting two body guards to help track some samurai who may or may not be dead for all she knows... only this could be like Perona making a deal with Zoro to do all the labor she wouldn't do as she tries to find Moria who is in a similar situation as the samurai... OK, I said my peace now I'm ready to be crucified in 3.. 2.. 1..
    Last edited by Noxide; August 5th, 2010 at 03:57 PM.

It's kinda similar if you think about it, Samurai Champloo was basically a girl getting two body guards to help track some samurai who may or may not be dead for all she knows... only this could be like Perona making a deal with Zoro to do all the labor she wouldn't do as she tries to find Moria who is in a similar situation....
    1. Why would Perona look for Moria? She misses him because she misses having slaves and luxury. She abandoned him at the first sign of trouble - she's not going to go through a perilous journey to find him.
    2. Why the heck would Zoro help her?
    3. How would that translate to her joining? Luffy decides the members. Zoro is the most strict when it comes to rules - there is no way he would bring someone and demand that they come along. Especially during a long overdue, emotionally charged reunion.

Also while I'm still online, I might aswell throw in my new thoughts on why she'll join. When I found out this chapter that Moria lived but is in a near death state with very little time on his hands I immediately thought "Samurai Champloo". It's kinda similar if you think about it, Samurai Champloo was basically a girl getting two body guards to help track some samurai who may or may not be dead for all she knows... only this could be like Perona making a deal with Zoro to do all the labor she wouldn't do as she tries to find Moria who is in a similar situation... OK, I said my peace now I'm ready to be crucified in 3.. 2.. 1..
    I'm not familliar with that series, but the theory in itself seems rather vague. She becomes a crew member to search for a former enemy of the crew? I think it'd feel rather anti-climatic when the other crew members start achieving their dreams;

Sanji finds All-Blue. (A revolution for all cuisine!!)
    Chopper discovers a cure for all disease. (A revolution for all of the world!!)
    Zoro becomes the world's greatest swordsman. (The vow to a dead friend fulfilled and his name rings in every corner of the world!!)
    Perona finds Moria. ()

Eh.. like I thought, it's silly but I just thought it would make the most sence for her to even tag along with Zoro.

Personally I think from the big two, Hancock and Jinbei, right now, everyone's favorite fishman has the best chance to join.

Altough just to kick this thread in the nuts, I wouldn't mind if the next one to join is a someone we don't know.

What I wish for is someone new to join, but I think the real odds are something like Jinbei 37% - new guy 63%

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Cool Re: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

Also while I'm still online, I might aswell throw in my new thoughts on why she'll join. When I found out this chapter that Moria lived but is in a near death state with very little time on his hands I immediately thought "Samurai Champloo". It's kinda similar if you think about it, Samurai Champloo was basically a girl getting two body guards to help track some samurai who may or may not be dead for all she knows... only this could be like Perona making a deal with Zoro to do all the labor she wouldn't do as she tries to find Moria who is in a similar situation as the samurai... OK, I said my peace now I'm ready to be crucified in 3.. 2.. 1..
    Are you fucking kidding me?
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Perona will not join the Straw Hats, at least I don't see it happening by any stretch of the imagination.

Here's what I see happening:

When Zoro leaves the island, Mihawk will force him to bring Perona along too, because (1) Zoro wouldn't make it to Sabaody anyway and (2) Perona is annoying the hell out of Mihawk. So when Perona and Zoro make it back to Sabaody, they'll see Law's crew.

And Perona will see Bepo. She'll force herself into the Heart Pirates so she can make Bepo her new Bearsy. It's perfect, since Bepo is so submissive that he'll end up doing whatever Perona says.

In a Berserk, Near-Death State, running around with an Equalizer

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Keep Perona out of the Heart Pirates, she would be awesome as the annoying fairy of Mihawk

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

If Perona's going to another pirate crew, it's Buggy's.
    Last edited by Zik; August 5th, 2010 at 07:54 PM.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by herr_sebbe View Post
    Stopped reading there. Bonney is just the "next nakama of the week". That's all there's to it. She is a captain with a crew, captured or not.
    they look nearly dead, and Akainu is there, if they don't die, then is a failure of justice and Akainu won't stand for that. Does she have a shot, maybe who knows, she is a better female to join than Boa or Perona would be and I like Boa...

And Moria is alive so, Perona is going back to him, end of discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Information