View Poll Results: Round 2: Team Edward or Team Jacob?

Voters
900. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perona-- OUT

98 10.89%
  • Hancock-- OUT

121 13.44%
  • Jinbe

155 17.22%
  • None of the above

526 58.44%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 1042 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 1002 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

Summit of Evolution maxterdexter's Avatar

Default Re: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    As much as I don't think any of them are going to join, Jinbei has the best chance.
    If I had to go with one of the 3 choices it has to be Jimbei, Hancock breaks the "no romance rule" and Perona... I won't talk ill of the temporaly dead.

But Jimbei has responsabilities, Fishman Island needs a protector now more than ever.

I say a Mermaid who's around 40 and trained fishman karate, mastering in a weaker but faster form. Eww.. that sounds like Brook's version of Sanji. Whatever Oda does is fine.

Except Perona.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    Jimbei supporters, I offer an olive branch, may the best man win.

Everyone else can choke on crow.
    Thank you. But I think Jinbei will be as much as a Nakamate as Vivi. He won't be permanent.

I like this Nakamate word. It's fancy.
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

President of America Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    Jimbei supporters, I offer an olive branch, may the best man win.
    Aw, no death pact?
    Come and listen to my story, if you will I'm gonna tell. About a gang of fellers from down at Nashville.

YOu mean blood letting? Are you inviting the TWILIGHT horde?

No, he meant Zephos should make a peace offering to the Jimbei supporters, even if it costs him his life!

I'll go with it boiling down to Hancock and Jimbei both at FI and one of them joining, but other than his fight potential I find Jimbei dull so I'll go with Hammock. More importantly, I don't think Oda will have Hancock remain as a Shichibukai and be the only true ally among them as well as be the only Shichibukai unable to have a role in the plot due to being stuck at her island, so I think we may get more developments on her island which could seal her fate either way and replacement Shichibukai for BB, Jimbei, Hancock and Moria. Hancock is in the clear to pursue Luffy since she had those marines report that as her intention when she went after Law's sub but I don't see this as a way for her to follow Luffy indefinitely but it likely means she'll be at FI along with Jimbei.

If only we could borrow that prophetic octopus they call Paul.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

My response was blocked by the closure of the old thread, and here's something I'd like to say...

@Zephos
    Let's start with this idea first: Perona will help Zoro (Strawhat) return to Rayleigh (via the route the Vivre Card leads) because Zoro cannot follow directions (perpetual gag that Oda uses). Perona will, at least, be on SA.

Correct or Incorrect...

If correct, minus your idea that a time-skip will happen (due to the pointlessness of it), the other SH will "come" towards SA as well, and eventually Luffy will appear... Explain (in a "low, medium, or high" terminology) what are the chances that Perona could meet those "characters" during this transition...

If medium or high, then elaborate the idea that Oda "could" pull a fast one to allow her "access" on the ship as a means of establishing a significance on why she's still in the story and making use of Moria's "cliff-hung" death.

In other words, explain what the significance of her being reintroduced in the first place...

@Robo Gorilla
    That situation is simply a misunderstanding from her perspective:
    Oars stated "Only a girl left!!" and she MIGHT HAVE taken it that the other comrades weren't there.
    Zombies were hyping up Hogback's roadkill situation, General Zombies being stomped (note: Perona last heard that Absolam was with those folks in the church), and the chaos that was happening when she suddenly awoke from her passing.

Given the thought that her character MIGHT HAVE figured that it'd be safe to assume that the crew was dead, and witnesses were claiming so... Wouldn't she then, due to her not seeing anything around her to change her mind, have enough support to have made the "proper" choice in that situation?

Here it goes...again.

GO PERONA GO! GO! GO!

Discovered Stowaway mickgreen58's Avatar

None.

Boa Hancock has no reason to leave Amazon Lilly.

Jinbei joining the crew would leave a lot of ambiguity as to who is the strongest crew member. He will be serve as a guide to all things regarding Fishman Island only.

Perona, I doubt it.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I haven't had any long post since the mid 300's of the fourth volume, so I don't think it's "bad" that I post minor stuff like that...

Good, this time we know who to laugh at.

Nope, Not saying it's bad just mentioning that the inevitable is coming...SOON

A real rain will come... Rank: Failed Mutineer JERK DISEASE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AGOG View Post
    In other words, explain what the significance of her being reintroduced in the first place...
    Oda has pointless cameos for fun all the hell over the place.

Here's his thought process.

1. Ok I gotta send each strawhat to a place. Each needs a scenario.
    2. Fun ideas! Dark slave labor revolutionary plot! Bird island! Mecha island! uhhhh....clouds? Yeah....um bugs and a cult maybe. What else...
    3. Oh ahahah, what if I sent one to wherever Perona went, that's be a hoot. Especially if it's Zoro, the personality clash would be fun. Kids seem to like her so they'll enjoy it. But Zoro can get stuff done too since creepy ruined castles can have ancient evils and swords and stuff.
    4. Sweet, done.

So now let me turn it on you.
    How likely is this? How much more likely?
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

See what I mean now. This is gonna be like watching reruns of Seinfeld. XD

hey, cool
    the second i was banned from the old thread, a new one was opened up
    the gods must truly love me

Chances of Hancock joining are very slim. Not only is she a terrible character, but abandoning Amazon Lily to go have SUM FUN WITH DA STRAWHAT CROO would essentially be the equivalent of building a two-thousand foot tall sign saying "YOURE FREE TO FUCK US UP, MARINES"

Besides the fact that Zoro will probably come back with Perona and say "GEE YOU SAVED MY LIFE, THANKS," there's absolutely no backing for her being the next addition.
    oh yeah i forgot she was a cool character my bad there's evidence right there lol

I feel the same with Jimbei as I did with Hancock. He should go and chill on Fishman Island for a while, saving his bros from the pirates currently pillaging it. Not to mention, final fights for an arc would be sort of awkward with Jimbei on the crew. He's easily stronger than Zoro, and I wouldn't hesitate to say he's stronger than Luffy too. Having someone other than Luffy be the strongest would be sort of anticlimactic, considering Jimbei would be the logical choice for taking on the big baddies in an arc. Plus, Zoro's always been the second strongest in the crew, the right hand man of Luffy. Having someone who's significantly stronger than Zoro would also undermine Zoro's position in the crew.

Seriously, if any of those three characters join the crew (and I'm not talking about a temporary Vivi parternship; I'm talking a flashback and a chapter titled "the Ninth Crewmate" devoted to him/her), I'll leave this forum forever. It's just not going to happen.

If anyone has to join. I'd rather it be Jimbei. Even though he'll probably stay at Fishman Island. Hancock's Luffy obsession annoys me. I rather not see that constantly. I think it could cause some problems with the rest of the crew as well. Such as the occasional Luffy beating. I don't think she would take that well. Then there is the Chopper kicking. I pretty sure she would do that. Perona I'd prefer over Hancock but just a bit. Even though it mostly because I like her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegadesoul View Post
    See what I mean now. This is gonna be like watching reruns of Seinfeld. XD
    What's wrong with Seinfeld?
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    What's wrong with Seinfeld?
    Nothing, I'm just saying its gonna be fun.

Seriously, if any of those three characters join the crew (and I'm not talking about a temporary Vivi parternship; I'm talking a flashback and a chapter titled "the Ninth Crewmate" devoted to him/her), I'll leave this forum forever. It's just not going to happen.
    I hope you're sure about this Moria, because someone will hold you to this.
    Last edited by HaxeyeMihawk; July 6th, 2010 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Not me though, cuz idc.

Closed Thread

Thread Information