View Poll Results: Round 2: Team Edward or Team Jacob?

Voters
900. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perona-- OUT

98 10.89%
  • Hancock-- OUT

121 13.44%
  • Jinbe

155 17.22%
  • None of the above

526 58.44%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 1042 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 1003 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

Default Re: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

Ok: Dreams!

Perona's: to have a country filled with cute servants and do nothing for ever.
    Yeah.. that's not a main character dream, at least not a young one.

Hancock's: to never be controlled ever again (except by her own heart) and to make Luffy happy.
    Perfectly good reasons to join, if this was a romantic love oriented or romatic love even EXISTED in the setting.

Jimbei's: to keep fishman island and it's inhabitants safe, to honnor WB and Ace's last wishes and protect Luffy.
    He's on a bit of a bind there, either he goes on with the dream of someone else, or stays for the safety of his nation. Either way I don't like these dreams.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Renegadesoul View Post
    Nope, Not saying it's bad just mentioning that the inevitable is coming...SOON
    This thing happened after Ace died, and the whole fiasco about Luffy escaping...

We were waiting awfully long for Luffy to hurry up and reunite with his crew.

Hopefully, Oda doesn't go in-depth with some secondary arcs for the OTHER SH characters.

Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    Oda has pointless cameos for fun all the hell over the place.
    Ummmm... Once again, the question wasn't answered. Please, don't put it off.

Here's MY thought process.

1. Ok I gotta send each strawhat to a place. Each needs a scenario.
    2. Fun ideas! Dark slave labor revolutionary plot! Bird island! Mecha island! uhhhh....clouds? Yeah....um bugs and a cult maybe. What else...
    3. Oh ahahah, what if I sent one to wherever Perona went, that's be a hoot. Especially if it's Zoro, the personality clash would be fun. Kids seem to like her so they'll enjoy it. But Zoro can get stuff done too since creepy ruined castles can have ancient evils and swords and stuff.
    4. Sweet, done.
    Ummm... Answer the question, please.

So now let me turn it on you.
    How likely is this? How much more likely?
    Alright, unlikely. Reason being that Oda already decided to "remove" Perona from Thriller Bark before he even did this.

This reintroduction plays off of what was left behind during the Thriller Bark stuff; her being on the Thousand Sunny with all the stuff she placed, hoping to escape.

It'd be like he's continuing where he would have left off, or "conforming" more story around her, not joshing around from his ^randomness that you thought right.

Oda is not as careless as you make him out to be, surely!

Yeah, sure.

I'm confident it won't happen.

And even in the off chance it does, it'll take a lot of development to actually make these characters Strawhat material. Probably a couple of years at least.

Hancock doesn't want to be controlled?

Hancock: How dare you? I am not your play thing! You are beneath me!
    Luffy: Hey guys? Where's the cake?
    Hancock: LUFFY! Take me you ruby stud! I want your loving and I want your revenge! You and me should make a bad romance!

I would accept this if Hancock were more like Ms. Piggy. THAT is a real woman.

Perona, if anything, might join Law's crew so she can molest Bepo.

Jinbei has the best bet. He actually has ties to Luffy unlike Hancock, who is just in love with him.
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

This definitely didn't need a poll Urouge and all the choices have no chance at all.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Bucephalus View Post
    Yeah, sure.

And even in the off chance it does, it'll take a lot of development to actually make these characters Strawhat material. Probably a couple of years at least.
    I admire your confidence atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
    None, we deserve better.
    You deserve whatever Oda-sama gives you, you fucking lowly mortal!!

Jimbei's goal: Protect Luffy

*last chapter of One Piece*

Luffy: Where the hell were you Jimbei? Why'd you knock me out?
    Jimbei: Sorry, Luffy. Raftel was just too dangerous for you. Had to knock you unconscious so you wouldn't get hurt.
    Luffy: What?!? So where's One Piece?
    Jimbei: I already found it. You're welcome to take a look if you'd like.
    Luffy: wat

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    This definitely didn't need a poll Urouge and all the choices have no chance at all.
    But if choice D "All of them have no chance in hell" has no chance at all, but the other three ALSO have no chance at all....

Isn't that just dividing by zero?

Perona. Ugh.

A poor man's Wapol dressed in a punk goth outfit. Very minute, incredibly small chance of her joining the crew.
    You come at the king, you best not miss.

honk honk<-foxes say this Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    I would accept this if Hancock were more like Ms. Piggy. THAT is a real woman.

You've lost me, Insider.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Never compare Lola to Ms. Piggie. Never compare anyone in One Piece to Ms. Piggie.

Maybe Whitebeard, but that's about it.

And Kitsune, you lost me with Mag.

A real rain will come... Rank: Failed Mutineer JERK DISEASE's Avatar

Ummmm... Once again, the question wasn't answered. Please, don't put it off.

Ummm... Answer the question, please.
    You asked why Oda would bring her back, I said exactly why.

You said this.

"explain what the significance of her being reintroduced in the first place... "

I laid out why here.

"1. Ok I gotta send each strawhat to a place. Each needs a scenario.
    2. Fun ideas! Dark slave labor revolutionary plot! Bird island! Mecha island! uhhhh....clouds? Yeah....um bugs and a cult maybe. What else...
    3. Oh ahahah, what if I sent one to wherever Perona went, that's be a hoot. Especially if it's Zoro, the personality clash would be fun. Kids seem to like her so they'll enjoy it. But Zoro can get stuff done too since creepy ruined castles can have ancient evils and swords and stuff.
    4. Sweet, done. "

Question answered.

Alright, unlikely. Reason being that Oda already decided to "remove" Perona from Thriller Bark before he even did this.
    And here was his thought process there.

1. Alright big bad Kuma's here, his first real introduction.
    2. I need to show him using his weird powers to make readers start getting hype off him.
    3. Hmm...I need a guinea pig....
    4. Ha! Perona, sure why not.

This reintroduction plays off of what was left behind during the Thriller Bark stuff; her being on the Thousand Sunny with all the stuff she placed, hoping to escape.
    Nothing was left behind.
    Her character did nothing of value whatsoever on Thriller Barque.
    It's only with her "reintroduction" that you've seen reason to think she has a higher purpose.

It'd be like he's continuing where he would have left off, or "conforming" more story around her, not joshing around from his ^randomness that you thought right.
    No, he is joshing around. Oda does this constantly. It's highly likely and you can't deny that whatsoever. Find a single thing faulty with the thought process I showed. Tell me what part of it Oda wouldn't do.

Oda is not as careless as you make him out to be, surely!
    There is nothing careless about what I wrote. Nothing. It's entirely sensible writing without fault.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Ok: Dreams!

Perona's: to have a country filled with cute servants and do nothing for ever.
    Yeah.. that's not a main character dream, at least not a young one.
    You could debate it, drastically...
    Viz, however, did name it "something" like that...

Hancock's: to never be controlled ever again (except by her own heart) and to make Luffy happy.
    Perfectly good reasons to join, if this was a romantic love oriented or romatic love even EXISTED in the setting.
    No. You randomly stated this on your own, it was never stated once in the manga.

Jimbei's: to keep fishman island and it's inhabitants safe, to honnor WB and Ace's last wishes and protect Luffy.
    He's on a bit of a bind there, either he goes on with the dream of someone else, or stays for the safety of his nation. Either way I don't like these dreams.
    No, it was never stated.

I would only agree about Perona's choice, due to Viz picking something of that caliber. However, it doesn't hurt her since the "dream" lacks the resolve that is needed, nor does it seem to explain her character choices and what forced her to join Moria, in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucephalus View Post
    Yeah, sure.

"Seriously, if any of those three characters join the crew (and I'm not talking about a temporary Vivi parternship; I'm talking a flashback and a chapter titled "the Ninth Crewmate" devoted to him/her), I'll leave this forum forever. It's just not going to happen."
    This is cowardly. Is all.

Actually, it won't take much of any development. It only takes an island to be removed, Hancock joins...

Fishman Island being shown, Jinbei joins...

I can't deny that Perona should have the "Robin" like development and that'd take a longer time, surely, but it's a good-thing...

However, what creates tension that a character could join before FI leads to people thinking that one of those will join, rather than "no currently revealed" character joining. I'm talking about that "boss quote" though.

If it is correct, and valid, then it stands to force a character to join that basically exists, NOW!

Out of all of the characters that are around still, Jinbei, Hancock, and Perona are three of the "top" that actually follow the entire basis of the quote. So, go figure that quote out.

Perona's reintroduction to the story is as relevant as Mr. 1's.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Cool Re: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    But if choice D "All of them have no chance in hell" has no chance at all, but the other three ALSO have no chance at all....

Isn't that just dividing by zero?
    That is exactly what this topic has become.

It's like saying LeBron might go to the Clippers.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Next point: Taking hits!

It's a shounen, the good guys have to be losing in order for the battles to be interesting, the strawhat that has recived less damage in the story has been Nami, and the most, as of now is Luffy.

<stabs Jimbei's foot>: "What's wrong with you? I will teach you a lesson even if it costs me my life!"

<stabs Hancock's foot>: "Why you beast, I will teach you some manners, and send you to the bottom of the ocean to be fish food! How dare you to ruin my beautiful feets (maybee Luffy's a feet man, when I used my powers he didn't see my feet!)"

<stabs Perona's foot>: <passes out>
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

A real rain will come... Rank: Failed Mutineer JERK DISEASE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AGOG View Post
    You could debate it, drastically...
    Viz, however, did name it "something" like that...
    Straight from Stephen Swoo.

"
    ...I'd spend it at a dark, dank, haunted, ancient castle,
    singing songs of curses and having a miserable old time...
    But he didn't say there wouldn't be servants!!
    He didn't say I wouldn't wake up in the morning in my soft comfy bed, being served a bagel sandwich and some warm cocoa!
    He didn't say I wouldn't have any adorable plushies!!
    Waahhh! Where am I? Moria-sama! I want to go back to Thriller Ba...
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

Who knows, could end up being more then two. For now i voted for none.

Jinbei is the only one even remotely possible as i see it, but still very unlikely.

Closed Thread

Thread Information