View Poll Results: Round 2: Team Edward or Team Jacob?

Voters
900. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perona-- OUT

98 10.89%
  • Hancock-- OUT

121 13.44%
  • Jinbe

155 17.22%
  • None of the above

526 58.44%
Closed Thread
Page 395 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 295 345 385 393 394 395 396 397 405 445 495 895 ... LastLast
Results 7,881 to 7,900 of 20833

Thread: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

Default Re: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

Quote Originally Posted by septeracore View Post
    Bleh...dont talk about OM...I got bored just reading one guy posting 50 posts in one night saying Caimie as the next nakama, Caimie's dream is to be a tailor, Caimie can stitch clothes for SH...that for me makes the Boa fangirls look sane
    Onemanga is like the epitome of whats wrong with manga forums, seriously that place is a nightmare. Thank God i found shelter here

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Like clockwork in this abyss of limbo an AlmostLegendary ongoing argument.
    Last edited by Zik; November 1st, 2010 at 11:30 AM. Reason: He's really comparing needing a cook on a pirate crew to a whore.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    In a Berserk, Near-Death State, running around with an Equalizer

I know you aren't Local-Chan
    I just find it stupid you wanted Boa Hancock in the crew just so Luffy would have a sex partner
    Local-Chan is a guy around here (now called Cyber-Robin) which liked a certain opening because Chopper was seen almost grabbing Nico Robin's breast

Same thing

check up from the neck up eerie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostLegendary View Post
    Aint nothing wrong with wanting a piece of tail. Hell Luffy didn't even think about adding a cook to his crew he wanted a musician. So just because he hasn't thought about doesn't mean he don't need it.

IDK who that is but the only thing that's changed is my name it used to be MonkeyDMalcolm. So I'm not the guy you think I am whoever local-chan is.

Ask yourself this and maybe you'll find the answer you seek.

I am a genius. MY IQ is like 180 real talk.

what.. what are you? the spawn of some polluted swamp in the back country of Louisiana?

Why do people believe so strongly that Jinbei is/will be Fishman Island's un/official "protector"?

Because he cares about Fishmen Island a lot and he went to save Whitebeard so that Fishmen Island could be safe from danger?
    I dunno, sounds reasonable

Cool Re: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    Why do people believe so strongly that Jinbei is/will be Fishman Island's un/official "protector"?
    It stems from his entire existence being about the welfare of his people and the only reason he was in ID being due to a debt to a man who protected his island and his people. Something he was unable of.

Makes sense after seeing other former WB territories being overrun that he'd be doing everything in his power to protect his people.

I'd find it hard to believe why he wouldn't be doing that unless some stronger fishman has shown up or Marco and the WB pirates are enough (which I doubt if they're reclaiming all of their territories).
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostLegendary View Post
    Ask yourself this and maybe you'll find the answer you seek.
    You've been wrong on every single prediction you've ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post
    Seriously Camie is idiotic but only Oda knows what her role will be at FU

But they are still talking about Boa...

- She is already at the Sunny and it was a Doppelganger
    - She will appear at Fishmen island or Mariejois arc once again and than suddenly join
    - She will appear at marineford 2 and than join

And so on. xD
    Heh, some people are just nuts and won't give up no matter how wrong they are. I don't care about those people.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by SGRaaize View Post
    Because he cares about Fishmen Island a lot and he went to save Whitebeard so that Fishmen Island could be safe from danger? I dunno, sounds reasonable
    That's a pretty big jump. Sure, it's reasonable to conclude that he cares a lot about Fishman Island and his people, or that he would fight to protect it when and where he can, but to be near certain that he is duty bound to protect it for as long as he can? As a former Warlord and a bounty head, I just don't see how someone like him would find it wise to stay at Fishman Island forever, especially openly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    It stems from his entire existence being about the welfare of his people and the only reason he was in ID being due to a debt to a man who protected his island and his people.
    Hidden:
    Jinbei: The reason there is peace in Fishman Island is due to the help of your "Dad," Whitebeard. On the trip through the Grand Line, every pirate must pass through Fishman Island. When the Age of Piracy began, the island was soon wracked with violence, torn to shreds by the countless human pirates and the Marines that pursued them! Many fishmen and mermaids were kidnapped... sold... When we had all shut our eyes tight against despair, Whitebeard made his appearance. I'll never forget that day! Ever since then, Fishman Island was off-limits to anyone who would seek to run rampant The POWER he wields...! He protects many islands with the use of his name in this same way. This is not the kind of man who can be freely toppled, just because he's a pirate captain! SURELY the government is aware of what would happen on the seas if Whitebeard should die!!
    Coming and going, doing what he can here and there, sure, but remaining there as its protector? As an undercover cop, he can't accomplish much. Look at Whitebeard and Luffy as examples; it's the name more than the actions that maintain order. Jinbei could put a stop to an attack, but his name could prevent it from starting in the first place. His name, however, attracts attention. I just don't see that being a permanent place he would stay. Likewise, why do people think Fishman Island will still be vulnerable and in chaos when Luffy leaves? Also, it's again worth noting that his concern wasn't explicitly for Fishman Island.

Something he was unable of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapter 529 View Post
    "When we had all shut our eyes tight against despair, Whitebeard made his appearance. I'll never forget that day!"
    You know, Jinbei's ideals setting him apart from normal fishmen and all, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't a fighter or pirate at all before Fisher Tiger stormed Mariejoa. I mean his personality sort of clashes with his status as a pirate. We know from the above quote that he wasn't capable of helping or saving Fishman Island before Whitebeard, and the text suggests he was present when Whitebeard made his proclamation. I wouldn't be surprised if he was just an average fishman during those times, and that sometime after, being spurred by the treatment of his people, Whitebeard's actions, and the actions of Fisher Tiger, that he learned Fishman Karate and became a pirate (in no particular order). My baseless guess would be that he became Fisher Tiger's disciple ~15 years ago after the attack on Mariejoa.
    Last edited by brennen.exe; November 1st, 2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Since you have trouble detecting these things Zik, I'll clarify here that your posts are only an anchor for the topic.

Cool Re: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    Coming and going, doing what he can here and there, sure, but remaining there as its protector? As an undercover cop, he can't accomplish much. Look at Whitebeard and Luffy as examples; it's the name more than the actions that maintain order. Jinbei could put a stop to an attack, but his name could prevent it from starting in the first place. His name, however, attracts attention. I just don't see that being a permanent place he would stay. Likewise, why do people think Fishman Island will still be vulnerable and in chaos when Luffy leaves? Also, it's again worth noting that his concern wasn't explicitly for Fishman Island.
    The island, the ppl, same thing since I don't see them all leaving.

I'm just looking at this from a standpoint of. The island is in trouble, ah makes sense that Jinbei would have been protecting it for the past two years. Possibly reuniting or forming a (new) crew.

I didn't say anything about after Luffy leaves but I don't think Jinbei won't join just because he'll always have to protect the island. I think he won't join cuz character wise he isn't good enough.
    You know, Jinbei's ideals setting him apart from normal fishmen and all, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't a fighter or pirate at all before Fisher Tiger stormed Mariejoa. I mean his personality sort of clashes with his status as a pirate. We know from the above quote that he wasn't capable of helping or saving Fishman Island before Whitebeard, and the text suggests he was present when Whitebeard made his proclamation. I wouldn't be surprised if he was just an average fishman during those times, and that sometime after, being spurred by the treatment of his people, Whitebeard's actions, and the actions of Fisher Tiger, that he learned Fishman Karate and became a pirate (in no particular order). My baseless guess would be that he became Fisher Tiger's disciple ~15 years ago after the attack on Mariejoa.
    Would make more sense why he feels so indebted to WB. Maybe even guilty.
    Last.fm

He hates all kinds of pirates
    He only respected Whitebeard because he protected his island
    This isn't really far-fetched, Brennen

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Heh, some people are just nuts and won't give up no matter how wrong they are. I don't care about those people.
    So why are you still thinking about a curveball^^^Hell even Perona has more chances now, 0,000001 %. Boa is Zero. No curveball for her. They are dived into the deep sea. And Boa can't jump in anymore

Would make more sense why he feels so indebted to WB. Maybe even guilty.
    Hmm, I'd say the lack of a known "specialty" is the biggest... lack of an argument in his favor. Not really a point against him though, yet.

This isn't really far-fetched, Brennen
    What's "this"?

He hasn't hated Ace and respects Luffy that much that he wanted to die for him and stayed with him till he was healed.

Nami hated pirates as well in the past

Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post
    So why are you still thinking about a curveball^^^Hell even Perona has more chances now, 0,000001 %. Boa is Zero. No curveball for her. They are dived into the deep sea. And Boa can't jump in anymore
    I'm not thinking about a curvebal. All I said is that it would take one, I'm not expecting it to happen, or else I would not have given up.

Learn to read.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

I see what you mean
    The only way I can see Jimbei joining Luffy is if Luffy, at the end of this arc, says something like "Whoever touches this island will have to deal with me" like Whitebeard did, and then Jimbei wets himself and follows him around, respecting him even more

I don't believe that will happen, though

For people who say the chance of Boa joining is zero or even the chance of Perona is zero, are nuts. It's highly unlikely, but there is still alittle possibility. Though I dont see how it would fit the story, but if Oda want's it, it happens. Who knows, maybe Amazone Lily will be attacked and some of the Kuja Pirates will be sold by some slave masters and.. wait this isnt a hentai story, sorry.

Anyways, to be serious. Jinbei isn't one of the strongest persons in the OP world. I think Luffy could be stronger than him tbh. But we shall see, when the arc starts. Jinbei isnt a protector. But I do see a high posibility that he his going to join.. well.. I am 100% sure that a fishman is going to join who has a connection with, Jinbei, Fisher Tiger and the Mermaid Princess.

Hmm, I am curious if she is going to be more beautifull than Hancock ;o
    " I have created over a thousand blades. Unknown to death. Nor known to life. Have withstood pain to create many weapons. Yet, those hands will never hold anything. "

I think they said that the Fishmen Princess was the second most beautiful person and Boa Hancock was the first?
    So, I guess Boa Hancock will still be the prettiest

Closed Thread

Thread Information