View Poll Results: Round 2: Team Edward or Team Jacob?

Voters
900. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perona-- OUT

98 10.89%
  • Hancock-- OUT

121 13.44%
  • Jinbe

155 17.22%
  • None of the above

526 58.44%
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 504 1004 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

Default Re: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Robo Gorilla View Post
    Perona's reintroduction to the story is as relevant as Mr. 1's.
    Once again this guy makes sense, AGOG does not.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    You asked why Oda would bring her back, I said exactly why.

You said this.

"explain what the significance of her being reintroduced in the first place... "

I laid out why here.
    That's not a significance for her being reintroduced... This is a "STORY POINT-OF-VIEW" shit. Come on! I'm asking you to explain WHY she must be there in the first place and what she offers... ALL characters offered something when they were reintroduced; take Bentham as a perfect example.

Now, please answer it.

"1. Ok I gotta send each strawhat to a place. Each needs a scenario.
    2. Fun ideas! Dark slave labor revolutionary plot! Bird island! Mecha island! uhhhh....clouds? Yeah....um bugs and a cult maybe. What else...
    3. Oh ahahah, what if I sent one to wherever Perona went, that's be a hoot. Especially if it's Zoro, the personality clash would be fun. Kids seem to like her so they'll enjoy it. But Zoro can get stuff done too since creepy ruined castles can have ancient evils and swords and stuff.
    4. Sweet, done. "

Question answered.
    No.

And here was his thought process there.
    No, that was your thought process...

1. Alright big bad Kuma's here, his first real introduction.
    2. I need to show him using his weird powers to make readers start getting hype off him.
    3. Hmm...I need a guinea pig....
    4. Ha! Perona, sure why not.
    This is pointlessly getting nowhere... Must be that I'm not being "direct" and "commanding" enough to explain the question.

Let's just end this with misery; facepalm.

You are free to continuously bad mouth whatever you wish, and ignore every attempt to hold a debate with me-- as per usual.

Nothing was left behind.
    Her character did nothing of value whatsoever on Thriller Barque.
    It's only with her "reintroduction" that you've seen reason to think she has a higher purpose.
    She put shit inside, and there's now a "shiny" abundance of that shit remaining... What, oh what, does that mean and do for the FUTURE of the story plot...

No, he is joshing around. Oda does this constantly. It's highly likely and you can't deny that whatsoever. Find a single thing faulty with the thought process I showed. Tell me what part of it Oda wouldn't do.
    No, it's not.
    The faulty thing is that YOU think he does it, when the DUDE hasn't even spoke in that stupid point of view. It is absurd.

There is nothing careless about what I wrote. Nothing. It's entirely sensible writing without fault.
    Yes, there is... No, it's not. [Hopefully, I don't need to elaborate why...]
    Last edited by AGOG; July 6th, 2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: So sleepy... I'm being careless with my grammar now.

umm...Wrong.

This wouldn't be a crewmember thread without one of AGOGs dissertations.

Which held significance because he DID stuff during the war, escape, and has a future potential to do more shit, in the future...

She, hasn't shown anything clearly to what reason she's being brought back.

No, they're not the same because SHE didn't fight in the war, and SHE doesn't have any chance to do so...

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Next point: Taking hits!

It's a shounen, the good guys have to be losing in order for the battles to be interesting, the strawhat that has recived less damage in the story has been Nami, and the most, as of now is Luffy.

<stabs Jimbei's foot>: "What's wrong with you? I will teach you a lesson even if it costs me my life!"

<stabs Hancock's foot>: "Why you beast, I will teach you some manners, and send you to the bottom of the ocean to be fish food! How dare you to ruin my beautiful feets (maybee Luffy's a feet man, when I used my powers he didn't see my feet!)"

<stabs Perona's foot>: <passes out>
    Please, establish a tally of how many times Nami and Robin [WOMEN] got hurt...

Then, compare Perona to those women in terms of trying to make a point... Cause, she's going to be MORE consistent with them, rather than the males.
    Straight from Stephen Swoo.

"
    ...I'd spend it at a dark, dank, haunted, ancient castle,
    singing songs of curses and having a miserable old time...
    But he didn't say there wouldn't be servants!!
    He didn't say I wouldn't wake up in the morning in my soft comfy bed, being served a bagel sandwich and some warm cocoa!
    He didn't say I wouldn't have any adorable plushies!!
    Waahhh! Where am I? Moria-sama! I want to go back to Thriller Ba...
    It's the wrong page, her "dream" statement was was was was was way before this page; in fact, it was during Thriller Bark!

Furthermore, Steven doesn't "state" it as a "dream" specifically, unlike Viz.

I dont like the fact that we'll probably have to wait til the end of fishman Island arc to know if jimbei will join or not. Though if jimbei goes with luffy to fishman island, since well they both heading there basicly, then I see him staying there to take care of it rather than leaving with luffy.

I do like Perona a lot as an interesting character but she was presented like a side villain character with a weak heart/ambition or something to that effect. She doesnt have many main character qualities but she may be able to grow and present a real legit dream besides being a lil princess; should the story go that way. I really want a new girl crew member.

I can see hancock joining, if not being an ally like the new world captains were WB's allies. One problem I have with her joining though is that she has a very strong presence and would take screen time away from the other characters. I just dont see her in the background; the crew would change a lot.

I still hold that AGOG is the Great Wall of China personified. Arguing with him is like arguing with a wall and his posts make every page so long you can see it from space.

Quote Originally Posted by loledinmypants View Post
    I still hold that AGOG is the Great Wall of China personified. Arguing with him is like arguing with a wall and his posts make every page so long you can see it from space.
    Please, do me a favor and read the thread, the topic, and then understand fully that you obviously aren't following neither of them.

Cool?

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

I really doubt any of them would join, but I gave the vote to Hancock, just because I've been thinking about it for awhile, but after typing this I think it's more like I want Hancock to join, but Jinbei is most likely to join. I just didn't want to say none of the above. And I need to stop writing long posts of my thoughts all at once.

I really don't see any reason why people think Perona's gonna join.

Jinbei and Hancock are interesting. I thought of some nice parallels between the two.

Both like Luffy. And I think even though they have much more experience, they'd be willing to follow Luffy. Jinbei has the loyal follower vibe while Hancock would listen to anything Luffy says.

Both seem to be way too strong for the crew. They could be even stronger than Luffy and this would change the dynamics of strength on the ship.

Both also seem to lack any special skills that would make them part of the crew. Queen? Obi-wan mentor? They'd be like Zoro but won't have first mate status.

They're also opposites in why I don't really think either would join.

Jinbei lacks the quirks found in the Strawhats but has the motivation and lack of circumstances to join the crew.
    Hancock's the opposite. She's interesting but has too much baggage to just leave behind.

I gave the vote to Hancock because I've been thinking about her joining and thought it would be interesting. I'm not a storyteller though so I'm probably gonna be wrong.

Hancock has a lot going for her as a Strawhat:

She has a backstory.
    She's quirky.
    She wants to be by Luffy's side.

And I think her interactions with Nami and Robin could be interesting. The guys fight all the time but it'd be funny to watch Hancock/Nami argue. I guess Hancock/Robin too but I can't see Robin being what I'm gonna call "bitchy"
    Sanji and Brooke would do the same ol' with Hancock too. Don't know how'd Usopp, Zoro, or Franky would act around her.

Hancock's love for Luffy doesn't have to go anywhere. It'd be like Sanji when he's around women too.

BUT some major changes must happen to Amazon Lily along with Hancock's Warlord status before this could happen. No way she could just up and join his crew without serious repercussions.

Jinbei is the opposite because he has really nothing holding him back from joining the crew. In fact he has motivation to join the Luffy. He's crewless right now, has no Warlord status to shackle him, and not only promised Ace to watch over Luffy (if anybody's reading this can you tell me where this promise was made? I'm pretty sure it was but I can't remember when) but owes Luffy a debt due to Arlong.

But, Jinbei is too serious? bland? meh? I can't describe it. Before the recent chapter I didn't even think he was that interesting.
    It's very similar to when Robin joined the crew, except Luffy and Jinbei aren't enemies. Robin in Alabasta was there to move the plot, but there wasn't any great traits that made her seem like Strawhat material, like Jinbei. This could easily change and Oda would make it good.
    Plus a fishman would be sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by AGOG View Post
    Please, do me a favor and read the thread, the topic, and then understand fully that you obviously aren't following neither of them.

Cool?
    I read it. But all you do is reply with a wall of text, ignoring or writing off other peoples valid points without any reason to, and spamming this huge wall of baseless fanboy opinion.
    Now, I'll ask YOU to do me a favor and learn what good writing is and why Perona can't join because it goes against good writing.

So I take it you missed the whole war and escape from prison thing; whatever I vote none of the above.

A real rain will come... Rank: Failed Mutineer JERK DISEASE's Avatar

That's not a significance for her being reintroduced...
    Yes, it is. That's the reason Oda reintroduced her. And an undeniable possibility you must acknowledge.

This is a "STORY POINT-OF-VIEW" shit. Come on! I'm asking you to explain WHY she must be there in the first place and what she offers... ALL characters offered something when they were reintroduced; take Bentham as a perfect example.
    She offers some more entertainment for her admittingly large fanbase, she offers a comic foil to serious Zoro on his mini-adventure, and gives him someone to interact with in the first place.
    These are purposes, this is what low level supporting cast do.

I don't know why you kid yourself into thinking you're a master literature expert.
    Have you ever taken any schooling whatsoever on creative writing? Any at all? You speak of MUSTS and HAVE TOs that don't exist, you sound like a gibbering amateur.

Now, please answer it.
    I have. Are you stonewalling AGOG? Because even you aren't this way normally. Don't close off that tiny tunnel in my heart that thinks of sparing you, because you're doing that right now with this.

No, that was your thought process...
    His hypothetical process, exactly like your suggestion.

This is pointlessly getting no where... Must be that I'm not being "direct" and "commanding" enough to explain the question.
    The best I can tell is your convinced of some nonexistant literary standard reoccuring characters have to follow. Don't pull this bluff with an actual Creative Writing major.

You are free to continuously bad mouth whatever you wish, and ignore every attempt to hold a debate with me-- as per usual.
    It's telling that you should make this in response to what is probably one of my most civil level headed debates I've had in awhile.

She put shit inside, and there's now a "shiny" abundance of that shit remaining... What, oh what, does that mean and do for the FUTURE of the story plot...
    Nothing. Perona never showed any attachment to that gold, which wasn't even hers considering she pilfered it from Moria in a heat of panic. She has stated her current problems, and they involve lack of slaves and relaxation, she has shown zero interest in money that was hers for all of a few minutes. It's not a precious possession in any sense. She doesn't care about it.

No, it's not.
    The faulty thing is that YOU think he does it, when the DUDE hasn't even spoke in that stupid point of view. It is absurd.
    Are you denying that Oda puts in aspects and characters for the sake of having a more fun story? Yes or no.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

Quote Originally Posted by AGOG View Post
    Please, establish a tally of how many times Nami and Robin [WOMEN] got hurt...

Then, compare Perona to those women in terms of trying to make a point... Cause, she's going to be MORE consistent with them, rather than the males.
    No, I'm lazy, I'll go with "on the top of my head".

Nami vs Fishman pirates: Self inflicted wounds that would make perona faint.

Nami vs Mr.3: A situation of hopelesness that would make perona faint.

Nami vs Ms Doublefinger: A stab in the foot that would make perona faint.

Nami vs Enel: Redirecting a thunder being's powers, a situation that would turn perona into a crisp.

Nami vs Satori's brothers: Using a weapon that hurts the user, that would make perona faint.

Nami vs Kalifa: A situation that the user takes a weird shape, perona would be distracted by the shinny and got hit by the weakest and stupidest member of cp9.

Nami vs Absalom: No damage

Nami vs Oars: No damage, but a situation that would make perona cry for her life and escape her fellow crewmembers. Cannon.

Nami and crew in the battle of hopelesness: Perona would have splited up when the first pacifista arived.

Robin has taken farmore damage than Nami. Oars's punches, the shadow stealing, the hook impalment, enel's bitchslap, fucking spandam abuse, and that's not touching Ohara incident, even if it wasn't phisical damage, the only reason that perona would go on under the same circunstances is because she is a selfish brat who wouldn't care for her home island to be blown up because it isn't "cute enough".
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by Superbear 22 View Post
    So I take it you missed the whole war and escape from prison thing; whatever I vote none of the above.
    Name 1 thing Mr. 1 did that was noteworthy and not just a cameo during the escape and war. All he was there for was to be Croc's minion. He was no more important than the prisoners following Buggy.

I am still holding out for a female fishman!

Quote Originally Posted by Superbear 22 View Post
    Please remind of one thing he did that could not have been done with any random character. All he did was fight alongside crocodile and maybe make a side comment or two. After the war he faded further into the black.

EDIT: LOLED said the same thing already.

A real rain will come... Rank: Failed Mutineer JERK DISEASE's Avatar

AGOG, show us Perona's "dream".

Also I want you to tell me what you think of this.

Tintin is a famous loved comic series. In the book The Red Sea Sharks, Herge shows us the german terrorist agent Mueller again, we last saw him brought to justice by Tintin and put into the prison of the arabian Emir of the region. That Emir has been diposed in Red Sea Sharks, so Herge shows us Mueller now out of prison and commanding soldiers for the new regime.

All Mueller does is make a few commands on the phone in a gag scene where he sends tanks and fighter planes out but gets misheard so that his own planes bomb their tanks. Tintin and Haddock escape due to this into the desert.

We never see Mueller again.

What was his purpose in this mini-scene. Why did Herge bring him back.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

Quote Originally Posted by loledinmypants View Post
    Name 1 thing Mr. 1 did that was noteworthy and not just a cameo during the escape and war. All he was there for was to be Croc's minion. He was no more important than the prisoners following Buggy.
    Significance acquired, plus he was sandbag fodder for Mihawk so he wouldn't to Luffy as quickly.

Honestly though dude I'm not really for or against any of the people above, because as you all know; no matter how angrily post the final decision is up to the author. Now if any of you are right, you have the God given right to gloat and shun the non-believers of their ignorance and stupidity, but until the chapter comes out we can only wait in uncertainty.

AGOG, show us Perona's "dream".
    Tea, a tuna sandwhich, and a boob grabbing hug from a giant teddy bear that doesn't talk.

But seriously, Perona has nothing to her in terms of REAL depth. We haven't had a moment where she just pauses and seems human. All of her emotions have been nothing but cowardice or childish.

Unless Oda pulled a makeshift and had Zoro learn her entire life story, I don't see this happening at all.
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

AGOG, show us Perona's "dream"
    Is that the one where she is being chased by the pedobear?

Closed Thread

Thread Information