View Poll Results: Round 2: Team Edward or Team Jacob?

Voters
900. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perona-- OUT

98 10.89%
  • Hancock-- OUT

121 13.44%
  • Jinbe

155 17.22%
  • None of the above

526 58.44%
Closed Thread
Page 495 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 395 445 485 493 494 495 496 497 505 545 595 995 ... LastLast
Results 9,881 to 9,900 of 20833

Thread: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

Default Re: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatcolin123 View Post
    Caribou is more likely to join than Jinbei. Jinbei will most likely stay at FI to protect it.
    Saying Caribou is more likely to join than Jimbei is like saying you're more likely to get hit by lightning than die in a plane crash. Neither is at all likely, its just degrees of how unlikely.

Im not so sure about Caribou, he doesnt seem to fill any role from wat we've seen so far. Everyone so far has filled some type of role on the ship.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Swiv View Post
    Im not so sure about Caribou, he doesnt seem to fill any role from wat we've seen so far. Everyone so far has filled some type of role on the ship.
    Well then I don't understand robin's role because it isn't a pirates job nor has it ever helped. Pirate jobs are things that will help pirates. Nami navigates, franky repairs, Usopp mans the guns, luffy is the captain, brooke the musician, Sanji the cook.

Zoro the swordsman? Robin the archeologist? Those are not jobs. There basically just crewmates so they can fight. Caribou can fight. Make him the loagiaist of the crew so we can have another madeup title.

First of all, let's get all this idea about members filling a specific role out of your lovely little heads. This is not important in One piece, most of the members that joined aren't single dimension characters. This small crew relies on characters to fill a variety of roles, warranting the situation, not just "you be the fucking cook and that's it".

Quote Originally Posted by Muah View Post
    Well then I don't understand robin's role because it isn't a pirates job nor has it ever helped. Pirate jobs are things that will help pirates. Nami navigates, franky repairs, Usopp mans the guns, luffy is the captain, brooke the musician, Sanji the cook.

Zoro the swordsman? Robin the archeologist? Those are not jobs. There basically just crewmates so they can fight. Caribou can fight. Make him the loagiaist of the crew so we can have another madeup title.
    If you think caribou is going to join the crew after what we have seen from him so far, you're just as bad as those people that see a character briefly mentioned and see him joining.

Honestly, there has been nothing shown so far that makes caribou a likely candidate at all, or sets him apart from any other person in one piece. Even if he is a logia, guess fuck what, there's thousands, maybe, of other people with a logia fruit.

Well, Zoro is the first mate. As for Robin, shes an archeologist so she can find ancient treasure for them.

It's never been stated anywhere that Zoro was the first mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyairia View Post
    Jesus, this debate again.

Unless it's spelled out for us we can't assume anything because we attended school in the small bus. derp.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Wait...how hasnt it been stated that he's the first mate? I'd assume the first person to join your crew would be your first mate. Well anyways back on topic, from where we are currently in the story we haven't really seen enough of Caribou to really say who is and who isn't going to be a part of the crew. I can only go with Jinbei at the moment because to me he seems like the most viable candidate. Now this is just my opinion, not a fact or anything. I'm not Oda after all so I can't really say who the next crew member is going to be.

Lol, those people won't believe you. They'll say "he isn't part of the crew so he doesn't know what's up". I personally think those people are retarded but whatever.

Ok there is a point in arguing about Caribou.

The way the manga progresses from the beginning we see a dramatic time shift in the way new crew members are gained. It took Luffy maybe 3 chapters to get Zoro and like 50 to get Franky.

So expect Fishman Island to be long. Both Franky and Robin were unlikely candidates for nakama within the first several chapters of their characters being introduced (Both were enemies that willing fought the strawhats).

All it takes for Oda is to put a spin on the story and their reason for joining/being accepted as nakama is totally justified.

I'm not saying that I believe he will in fact join, but never underestimate Odas power of storytelling and that it is a possibility.

So please stop Caribou-bashing.

Ahhh that whole scene was one of my favorite Zoro moments. He is and will always be my favorite crew member after Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Manillaman View Post
    Ok there is a point in arguing about Caribou.
    [...]
    So please stop Caribou-bashing.
    Caribou is a dumbass that will not be part of the crew, based on anything we have seen so far. What now?

Seriously, if he leaves his crew to join Luffy, it doesn't say much about him either, he will be like the blackbeard of the crew, I don't think Luffy is going to have a person like that in his crew.

Quote Originally Posted by murderedboy View Post
    Caribou is a dumbass that will not be part of the crew, based on anything we have seen so far. What now?

Seriously, if he leaves his crew to join Luffy, it doesn't say much about him either, he will be like the blackbeard of the crew, I don't think Luffy is going to have a person like that in his crew.
    We haven't even grasped the surface of his character yet. There are alot of unpredictable things that have happened during the course of this series that no-one could have predicted.

You can't rule anything out.

Quote Originally Posted by Manillaman View Post
    We haven't even grasped the surface of his character yet. There are alot of unpredictable things that have happened during the course of this series that no-one could have predicted.

You can't rule anything out.
    Yeah, okay... you're just a troll if you believe that is true.

Well I suppose you know something I dont

Quote Originally Posted by murderedboy View Post
    Yeah, okay... you're just a troll if you believe that is true.
    Actually I think that if he actually believes it's true then he is not a troll, just wildly delusional.

Well I'm not Caribou bashing but at the moment there just isn't enough information on him since he's a newly introduced character. Now as we progress in the story and learn more about him then maybe i suppose, but have been times in the past where we learn of a person's past and they don't join. We've also had times where we learn their past and they were an enemy to begin with.

I'm simply saying you can't predict with 100% accuracy.

Making claims like "He will never join" are ignorant and baised.

It is still a possibility whether you like it or not. Deal with the facts :P

Closed Thread

Thread Information