View Poll Results: Round 2: Team Edward or Team Jacob?

Voters
900. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perona-- OUT

98 10.89%
  • Hancock-- OUT

121 13.44%
  • Jinbe

155 17.22%
  • None of the above

526 58.44%
Closed Thread
Page 52 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 552 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 20833

Thread: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

Default Re: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Airflow View Post
    herr sebbe charges forward, oblivious of what he's arguing about, despite various hints and the fact it's retardedly obvious
    What exactly have I done to get insulted with every reply I get?

I'm talking about who Perona will go with next. A shichbukai, like her beloved Moria, or her previous enemies. I didn't think I'd have to spell this out as I thought most people have a reading comprehension that extends beyond picture books.
    Oh. I misunderstood you then. I guess I have no reading comprehension that extends beyond picture books. Oh, and nor do you, by the way:
    Perona: Moria left me and I'm incapable, can I join your crew?
    Luffy: No, you were our enemy at Thriller Bark! You delayed all of us and almost made us lose our shadows. Why the hell would I let you join, it'd be like Lucci joining?
    Robin: Wait a minute captain, I never met this girl and that changes everything somehow
    Luffy: Guess you're a crewmember then.
    Putting that aside, how is the Shichibukai part relevant? Everybody is arguing against Perona by saying she's too spoiled, so why in the world would the argument go void when it comes to staying with Mihawk?

The 20 month hiatus is over... "Chapters 180-237 - Fighting, Battling and Waging War" OUT NOW!!!

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    In a Berserk, Near-Death State, running around with an Equalizer

Quote Originally Posted by Robo Gorilla View Post
    He hunted down Kreeg, supposedly, for something as trivial as disturbing his nap.
    Oh shit, you're right
    Still, he didn't seem to even bother to think about hurting Perona, even when she screamed at him.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Cool Re: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide View Post
    Well you could be right, but I thought there needed to be more closure for Perona than there already is now and I thought that going to Marine HQ to find some answers would be a good way of doing so, and hey Zoro's going to Sabaody which is right next to it so why not go together (I know you can think of a million reasons why not lol).
    Her closure doesn't need to involve joining the SHs. She really hasn't changed at all.

She's only crying about Moria cuz she knows with him she could get her servants. Oda will either pair her with someone that can provide that or he'll just torture her for the rest of the series by never actually giving her what she wants.

Makes no sense for her to go to Marine HQ imo. Unless you're trying to get on my good side by implying she should go to her death.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by SGRaaize View Post
    Oh shit, you're right
    Still, he didn't seem to even bother to think about hurting Perona, even when she screamed at him.
    If she was whining through an astral projection, I doubt he'd be stupid enough to bother. I really hope that someone, somewhere will make a fanart of Mihawk cutting Perona up, just to have something to respond to AGOG-and-friends with.
    Anyway, are people seriously overlooking the problems put in the way of Perona's already miniscule chance of even thinking about possibly being considered as a potential crewmate with this chapter in favor of "she has a motive to avenge her captain that she abandoned when shit got too scary for her!"? I think I'm just going to refrain from posting here as I'd pursue these fanatics a bit too vehemently.
    But hey, having a legion of slaves to cater to your every spoiled whim is totally a SH-worthy desire, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by herr_sebbe View Post
    Oh, and nor do you, by the way:
    whyyyyyyyyyyyy?
    Putting that aside, how is the Shichibukai part relevant?
    She stayed with a Shichibukai for several years, she's going to be more attached to one of them than to a bunch of pirates. It's slim but it's better than the nothing you've given as to why Perona could become a crewmember.
    Everybody is arguing against Perona by saying she's too spoiled, so why in the world would the argument go void when it comes to staying with Mihawk?
    How is this relevant to anything I said?

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Her closure doesn't need to involve joining the SHs. She really hasn't changed at all.

She's only crying about Moria cuz she knows with him she could get her servants. Oda will either pair her with someone that can provide that or he'll just torture her for the rest of the series by never actually giving her what she wants.

Makes no sense for her to go to Marine HQ imo. Unless you're trying to get on my good side by implying she should go to her death.
    I most certainly don't want to get on your good side that way but I'm thinking that mabey in her own wierd way she still cares for Moria. I mean sure we all know she ran away once things got crazy at TB, but when somebody does something bad to a friend like break their toy or something then lies about it only to find out later they got in serious trouble from their parents or something, they would feel really bad about it. I think Perona is in that same type of scenario only a lot worse cause Moria may be dead and she wasn't their to do anything about it... or maybe I'm just looking into thing to deeply.

things look grim for the 95 perona fans.

Zoro has ditched her and he's now getting the fuck out of there

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Cool Re: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

I most certainly don't want to get on your good side that way but I'm thinking that mabey in her own wierd way she still cares for Moria.
    Cuz she cares about having servants. Something Moria can provide. I don't know why ppl like to ignore the part where Perona was planning on bailing on Moria with his treasure.
    I mean sure we all know she ran away once things got crazy at TB, but when somebody does something bad to a friend like break their toy or something then lies about it only to find out later they got in serious trouble from their parents or something, they would feel really bad about it.
    What the fuck kind of analogy is this? So Perona's some spoiled selfish brat with the mentality of a 6 year old with some guilt. How does that translate to her willingly risking her life to go to Marine HQ to find Moria?
    I think Perona is in that same type of scenario only a lot worse cause Moria may be dead and she wasn't their to do anything about it... or maybe I'm just looking into thing to deeply.
    Newsflash: Perona doesn't really care about Moria's welfare, she cares about the fall back security blanket that is now possibly gone.

Also Moria could've died against Luffy and she literally chose not to be there to do anything about it.

Yeah you are looking in to this too deeply. Oda hasn't shown any signs that would imply Perona's a conflicted character with some depth.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Herackles View Post
    things look grim for the 95 perona fans.

Zoro has ditched her and he's now getting the fuck out of there
    I think you can pop open the André now. She has a snowball's chance in hell now.
    You come at the king, you best not miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Yeah you are looking in to this too deeply. Oda hasn't shown any signs that would imply Perona's a conflicted character with some depth.
    Alright then I'll wait a few chapters and see how she takes the news, even though I'm pretty sure she's not as terrible as you think she is, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and sit on it till the time comes.

I'm all for Perona living with Mihawk from now on. She could probably use her hollows to depress the Humandrillus and make them her servants if she really wants servants that badly. That way she is close to the lifestyle she wants.
    1st Mate of the Ancient Forest Pirates.

A real rain will come... Rank: Failed Mutineer JERK DISEASE's Avatar

Alright then I'll wait a few chapters and see how she takes the news, even though I'm pretty sure she's not as terrible as you think she is, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and sit on it till the time comes.
    She's taking the news by comically bawling in a fashion that does not at all elicit serious emotion in the reader aside from bemusement (for real tears from a truly upset character meant to emotionally engage the reader see Nami in this same chapter).
    And in the middle of this goofy crying she demanded Mihawk serve her.

Other things gleamed from this chapter are the fact that Mihawk doesn't like her (why would he?), and that Zoro obviously gives zero fucks about her as he's trying to leave and she is not with him.
    Furthermore it shows she gives him no care, being as she isn't following or even mentioning him.

Her chances, which were already at 0, are now at -50.

And people who think she's more likely to join now? You are stupid beyond words.

Serious question Perona fans. Did you actually feel serious emotion over seeing her cry.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    She's taking the news by comically bawling in a fashion that does not at all elicit serious emotion in the reader aside from bemusement (for real tears from a truly upset character meant to emotionally engage the reader see Nami in this same chapter).
    And in the middle of this goofy crying she demanded Mihawk serve her.

Other things gleamed from this chapter are the fact that Mihawk doesn't like her (why would he?), and that Zoro obviously gives zero fucks about her as he's trying to leave and she is not with him.
    Furthermore it shows she gives him no care, being as she isn't following or even mentioning him.

Her chances, which were already at 0, are now at -50.

And people who think she's more likely to join now? You are stupid beyond words.

Serious question Perona fans. Did you actually feel serious emotion over seeing her cry.
    She actually has a motive to join now, and seeing Zoro hate her here hardly disproves anything, considering we did know already that he hates her.

Before this chapter: Zoro hates Perona, Perona wants to go back to Moria, everyone hates Perona, Perona is just a minor character

After this chapter: Zoro hates Perona, everyone hates Perona, Perona is just a minor character, Moria is dead, Perona doesn't have anyone to go back to

How the heck is she less probably to become a crewmember now?
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think she will join, but its stupid to think that this chapter changed anything for your side

A real rain will come... Rank: Failed Mutineer JERK DISEASE's Avatar

She actually has a motive to join now,
    No, no she doesn't.

and seeing Zoro hate her here hardly disproves anything, considering we did know already that he hates her.
    Zoro is the weak ass string giving her current who-cares scenario ten degrees of seperation to being a strawhat member. With him leaving and giving her no shit, which she clearly returns the favor of, what on earth makes her even remotely a cadidate.

Before this chapter: Zoro hates Perona, Perona wants to go back to Moria, everyone hates Perona, Perona is just a minor character

After this chapter: Zoro hates Perona, everyone hates Perona, Perona is just a minor character, Moria is dead, Perona doesn't have anyone to go back to
    Perona never wanted to go to Moria, she wanted to be slaved to, and being with Moria gave her that. I mean christ, she's still obsessing over being a spoiled brat in the middle of demanding Mihawk give her stuff to drink and give her sympathy.

She changed Moria crying on the dime to hot chocolate and attention. Which like any sensible person Mihawk told her to fuck off over.

How the heck is she less probably to become a crewmember now?
    Her shallow bullshit motives are further cemented as true. her complete lack of being a character Oda takes seriously enough to use as an emotionally potent being is also cemented further.
    And her "connection" to Zoro, and thus lifeline to the Strawhats has been severed since there, as the best of already knew, WAS no connection between the two.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

Well Zoro doesn't look like he's getting back with Perona's help, like supporter used to think. As hard as it is for me to see her joining in the first place, this chapter did nothing to help the cause. Perona has had no growth or change or anything that would point to her joining, or even accompanying Zoro back. Is this where the Perona supporters start grasping at straws?

I think that it should just be "Perona for 'Mihawk's Little Floating Friend'" now instead of for SH. Honestly I just don't even get why she was brought back this way instead of with, say, a cover arc.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Possible motive: Not having anyone else to go to

And Zoro never cared about her, but what stops Perona from now thinking "Hey, I don't have anyone" and goes running like a bitch to Zoro, this is possible, its in the two characters personalities, it wouldn't be surprising seeing Zoro in yet another situation where he has to deal with someone annoying (Perona in her ship), Oda loves that running gag, and AGOG could cling to this theory very easily, and it is a possible theory

Also: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/524/10/

And she had always thos shallow bullshit motives from the very beginning
    And her connection to Zoro has always been null

Once again:
    Now that Moria is dead, she has nothing to think of and she could try to go with Zoro, the only thing that changed from last chapter to this chapter was that Moria is now dead, that helps, that doesn't change anything for your side

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoro Ataru View Post
    I think that it should just be "Perona for 'Mihawk's Little Floating Friend'" now instead of for SH. Honestly I just don't even get why she was brought back this way instead of with, say, a cover arc.
    I'd love if that happened, really

Perona is terrible, but not a terribly written character, since terrible is what Oda wants her to be.

I really hope with Hancock going to the crew.. but guys...

Now we know her captain is death, her chance of joining is getting higher right? Yeah ok, unless she stays with Mihawk. All with all, I think she can join. But I hope she doesn't. Because I want an amazone.
    " I have created over a thousand blades. Unknown to death. Nor known to life. Have withstood pain to create many weapons. Yet, those hands will never hold anything. "

Say JERK DISEASE, I'm just wondering out of curiosity. How do you think Oda is going to move the story suronding the death of Moria and the higher-ups in charge of it... if at all. I just ask cause I don't see a way for this to direct its way into the StrawHats direction without Perona getting involved, but I'd love to know what you think will happen with it, (and I'm too lazy to go through all your previous posts to find out if you said it before), either way it will save a lot of time rather than me constantly pitching my ideas of why she'll join only for them to keep missing, because most of them involve Moria's apparent death.
    Last edited by Noxide; July 15th, 2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: add a few words

Closed Thread

Thread Information