View Poll Results: Round 2: Team Edward or Team Jacob?

Voters
900. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perona-- OUT

98 10.89%
  • Hancock-- OUT

121 13.44%
  • Jinbe

155 17.22%
  • None of the above

526 58.44%
Closed Thread
Page 604 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 104 504 554 594 602 603 604 605 606 614 654 704 ... LastLast
Results 12,061 to 12,080 of 20833

Thread: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

Default Re: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

The fact is, he seems to like sake just like Zoro, swordsman like Zoro, he seems to be the same kind of guy like Zoro who likes to chill and relax, not so much the funny kind, not talking much and everything. That makes him a good rival but we won't have crewmates so equal one to another.

Stay classy New Nakamate thread.

Sodoma for Nakama!
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

I mean I am not here to make this a back and fourth so I will just post this last thing. I think we have seen that Zoro likes to drink, but he is not a drunk. I think a drunkard on the crew would be a funny and different. Other than that I actually dont find them too similar.

But I do see your point. I think with time we will find out more, and see how different he is then. The biggest thing I went off of was the picture Oda drew which is not very good proof :)
    Last edited by BlueRingHyozo; February 19th, 2011 at 01:10 PM.

Your theory is nothing but fanfiction at this point, take it else where.

"They're gonna make a former boss character their partner (Nakama) and head to the New World."

former boss = former shichibukai

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Hanzo View Post
    "They're gonna make a former boss character their partner (Nakama) and head to the New World."

I keep hearing the reference, can someone tell me where Oda said that?
    Last edited by BlueRingHyozo; February 19th, 2011 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRingHyozo View Post
    Ok, so this is my first actual post here on the site, although I have been hovering around for a long time now.

As my Username might imply, I really think that Hyouzou Is going to be the next nakama. There are a few reasons on why I think so, some more realistic then others.

1. I think that he is the swordsman that Hachi referred too in the Arlong Arc. I feel that if Oda had at least an idea of that character back then, then his character is going to be important. Much like Brook was thought of far before he was introduced.

2. He is a mercenary who does not hold the beliefs of the Fishman Pirates, which would make a change of sides not unbelievable.

3. This a more abstract idea of the reason why, but for me it holds some merit. If you see this picture of some of the rough sketches of the Straw Hats that Oda released in the Green Book. You can see that Choppers original idea was to be a swordsman, and if you look even closer, you can see that he holds a tooth pic in his mouth (Same as Hyouzou). His overall expression is calm and uncaring, much like Hyouzou's. Also if you look all the way to the left there is a random small duck fishman looking character. That makes me think that Chopper took his place and maybe Hyouzou's character desing took the old Choppers place. Just a thought.

Spoiler:
    Url to the Green Book sketch (Cant post it for some reason)

http://img94.imageshack.us/i/secretfiles.jpg/
    I like the reasoning, but for now I think Hyouzo might just switch sides and become an ally, since being a mercenary who helps the sides with the money is hardly nakama material. In Nami's case her interest in money is not that deep and it was mostly for her friend's (at cocoyashi) sake.

NN or not, he's the one fishman that I'm excited the most to see how he develops thru the arc; his indifference to Arlong's/Hodi's ideals is that noticable that he may be part of some interesting plot twist.

It is widely and well known that "boss character" is "major villian from an arc". Crocodile so far has been the only one to fit that description. And Oda's statements are so vague that I interpret it as "having a former boss becoming their ally" AND THEN (a couple of arcs later) "head to the NW".
    But that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinscher View Post
    naruto was WAY MORE KICKASS after the timeskip

i mean to show his badassness, him and sakura managed to get the bell from kakashi. beating pacifista's is so lame compared to that awesomeness

The "Boss" Statement just makes me think of Jinbei cause everyone keeps calling him. "Boss Jinbei."
    3DS Friendcode: 1177-6707-2664

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

But Jinbei isn't a former boss. The two things do not connect. Aohige already explained why Jinbe is called "Boss" anyway and it doesn't even relate to him being a former shichibukai.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

*facepalm*
    Oda NEVER said that, he said that Luffy would team up with a former boss character, and THEN head into the New World. That was Crocodile in Impel Down.

Yeah, we already had this discussion about "boss character" joining at least once before. Here.

And it has nothing to do with Jinbei.

A real rain will come... Rank: Failed Mutineer JERK DISEASE's Avatar

Ok, so this is my first actual post here on the site, although I have been hovering around for a long time now.
    Learning nothing.

1. I think that he is the swordsman that Hachi referred too in the Arlong Arc. I feel that if Oda had at least an idea of that character back then, then his character is going to be important. Much like Brook was thought of far before he was introduced.
    hyuck hyuck well clearly he'll be on the crew then!!

2. He is a mercenary who does not hold the beliefs of the Fishman Pirates, which would make a change of sides not unbelievable.
    This has nothing to do with anything, if anything it shows he has no conviction and is just a whore for whoever can pay him. Wow! What a Strawhat!

3. This a more abstract idea of the reason why,
    Wait, you mean those were the "solid" reasons?

but for me it holds some merit. If you see this picture of some of the rough sketches of the Straw Hats that Oda released in the Green Book. You can see that Choppers original idea was to be a swordsman, and if you look even closer, you can see that he holds a tooth pic in his mouth (Same as Hyouzou). His overall expression is calm and uncaring, much like Hyouzou's. Also if you look all the way to the left there is a random small duck fishman looking character. That makes me think that Chopper took his place and maybe Hyouzou's character design took the old Choppers place. Just a thought.

NNNRNRNRRHHNRRHHHHHGGG
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    But Jinbei isn't a former boss. The two things do not connect. Aohige already explained why Jinbe is called "Boss" anyway and it doesn't even relate to him being a former shichibukai.
    But can't they? It seems like something Oda would do to try and throw people off, red hering if you will.

You are quite possibly right though, but it's just an observation I've made. I'm still holding out for a female.
    3DS Friendcode: 1177-6707-2664

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Chopper was at one point going to have stripes. So obviously the striped fishman is joining the crew.
    3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Chopper was at one point going to have stripes. So obviously the striped fishman is joining the crew.
    ZebraZoidberg has an awesome design worthy of the Strawhats!

Awesome Stripped Fishman for NAKAMA!

smoke anime every day bluntzilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    I like the way you think.

There was a guy with plants that was going to be part of Luffy's group. Naturally, this Usopp guy is going to join the crew. Bet it.

Hmm...what is up with the vouching for Shirahoshi joining? I mean, what can she really contribute to the crew?

That and Luffy not really thinking much of her, or better yet being annoyed by her doesn't really help her case at all IMO. I think that out of all the other "candidates" she's the least likely to join.

At best she'll just have a moment with Luffy where she thanks him for setting her free or smth like that, but joining? Nah.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Cool Re: Last Two Nakamates (vol. 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    But can't they? It seems like something Oda would do to try and throw people off, red hering if you will.

You are quite possibly right though, but it's just an observation I've made. I'm still holding out for a female.
    No I will not. Not acceptable. People who think like that are just reaching for shit. Interpreting the facts to fit w/e your theory or point is. Bad observation.

Not taking what we have now for what it is and trying make connections that make sense.

Me being right is highly probable, not just possible. If Jinbe does join it'll have nothing to do with that.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

hyouzo the octopus merman assassin/mercenary is the new nkama for me!!! he is like robin!!! a bad ass no one is my boss thing. Hordy could also be one but i dont like him. Deckens surely would not be one for he will not go under to anyone. Caribou nope i just dont see hiss design as a straw hat pirates Hyouzo did!!! his hair and semi-fish look he definitely looks like the newest member!!!

Quote Originally Posted by badwolf1234 View Post
    hyouzo the octopus merman assassin/mercenary is the new nkama for me!!! he is like robin!!! a bad ass no one is my boss thing. Hordy could also be one but i dont like him. Deckens surely would not be one for he will not go under to anyone. Caribou nope i just dont see hiss design as a straw hat pirates Hyouzo did!!! his hair and semi-fish look he definitely looks like the newest member!!!
    I can't tell if you are trolling or serious...
    Quote Originally Posted by Norisuke Higashikata IV
    "Your stand is like your asshole. You can't go around showing it off to other people."
    My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjH...HeS3CkOuWTE7Gg

Closed Thread

Thread Information