+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 262 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk

Gaahh !! Where in the world are you getting new chapters ?! All I have are the Hawks releases ! :laugh: (Volume 29 came out not too long ago ~ wahoo !) I know skullknight.net has them but they're always on a torrent and by the time I see them they are already dead...

Grrrr. I was really curious about Serpico and Farnese, from what I was able to glean from what I haven't read yet. Maybe vol29 will cover most of my questions, but I still have no clue what's actually happening atm. >_>;

*will merge threads !*

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Credo quia absurdum non credere. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Zephos
    he left that chapter out because it was too..... heavy for that point in the series. The Idea is like God in the Berserk world. Its not something he thinks we should know too much about yet.
    Well, that's kinda the problem. Miura doesn't seem to think we should know anything...ever. That's the way it comes off the way he dances around important points. Often by, as already mentioned, having the Skull Knight immediately fly off after Guts' current problem has been solved, no matter how nonsensical that may be.

Really? Without SK Gutts seems pretty hopeless.
    Again. That's the problem in and of itself. It's annoying to have Guts get himself pinned to a wall and then the Skull Knight shows up and saves the day.
    Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth; it is wise and terrible.
    -Spider Jerusalem

Well, that's kinda the problem. Miura doesn't seem to think we should know anything...ever. That's the way it comes off the way he dances around important points. Often by, as already mentioned, having the Skull Knight immediately fly off after Guts' current problem has been solved, no matter how nonsensical that may be.
    No, no, you got me wrong.

He dosen't think we should know these things NOW.
    He felt that chapter 83 gave too much away. These are things he wants revealed LATER.

Theres no wrong in being confused if eventually all is explained.

And honestly we the readers are at the same level as Gutts in understanding the situation.

Again. That's the problem in and of itself. It's annoying to have Guts get himself pinned to a wall and then the Skull Knight shows up and saves the day.
    Out of Skull Knights apperances only once I remember him saving Gutts.
    He saved Luca...and Rickert...but Gutts has only one count with him.

You also misunderstood what I meant by hope.

Hes not hope because he can save the day whenever....
    But because he's proof that Gutts might be able to stand against Godhand.
    SK was once a mortal, and has transcended boundaries to be able to do crazy shit like break into the Eclipse ceremony and eat Behelits.
    If he can so can Gutts.
    He's farther down the road, closer to Gutt's own goal.
    He can interact more directly with higher planes of existence, Gutts exists in the Interstice now, SK probably exists even higher.

No, no, you got me wrong.

He dosen't think we should know these things NOW.
    He felt that chapter 83 gave too much away. These are things he wants revealed LATER.

Theres no wrong in being confused if eventually all is explained.

And honestly we the readers are at the same level as Gutts in understanding the situation.
    No I understand what you're saying. More my point is...even now, 200 chapters later...we still don't really know ANYTHING more than we did then. That's my issue. Miura dances around anything resembling exposition, even when, from the characters' standpoint, they really should know quite a bit more by now.

Hes not hope because he can save the day whenever....
    But because he's proof that Gutts might be able to stand against Godhand.
    SK was once a mortal, and has transcended boundaries to be able to do crazy shit like break into the Eclipse ceremony and eat Behelits.
    If he can so can Gutts.
    He's farther down the road, closer to Gutt's own goal.
    He can interact more directly with higher planes of existence, Gutts exists in the Interstice now, SK probably exists even higher.
    This is kinda getting away from the original point, but honestly...I hope none of that ever happens to Guts. I'm not a big fan of him, I'll be the first to admit, but the good points he DOES have are focused to a great extent in the fact that, despite everything, he's still human. If Guts goes too far beyond that in a supernatural sense, he'll lose a lot of what appeal he does have, IMO.
    Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth; it is wise and terrible.
    -Spider Jerusalem

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Panda
    No I understand what you're saying. More my point is...even now, 200 chapters later...we still don't really know ANYTHING more than we did then. That's my issue. Miura dances around anything resembling exposition, even when, from the characters' standpoint, they really should know quite a bit more by now.
    Can you say we know anything about the Lost History,Polyglyphes, and Ancient weapons in One Piece after 386 chapters?

Its an epic, in fact Miura has said that the Millenium Falcon arc is where Berserk truly begins. These things can be LONG.

Come to think of it.....what exactly are you confused about?

Quote Originally Posted by Carly
    Gaahh !! Where in the world are you getting new chapters ?! All I have are the Hawks releases !
    For raws, Skullknight usually has direct downloads too but they are kind of well hidden into chapter threads - usually in the third or fourth page along with a password. Evil-Genius is doing scanlations and they also probably do post raws in their forums. Check out their IRC channel too.

Jeez, the thread was started eight months ago and since then the story has proceeded like not much over ten chapters - perhaps fifteen at most. How surprising...

d.luffy

hi guys ...

i think that the anime is the best anime ever ((with one piece)) it is beter a lot than the manga .

argeto ............:laugh:

Berserk is the only other manga that I make sure to catch when it comes out. It's been one of my favorites for as long as One Piece.

Quote Originally Posted by d.luffy
    hi guys ...

i think that the anime is the best anime ever ((with one piece)) it is beter a lot than the manga .

argeto ............:laugh:
    Considering the anime covers roughly 10 of the current 30 manga volumes.....I really think you ought to reconsider.

I think Chapter 83 did give too much away, to the point where the reader wouldn't even comprehend what was being shown, you practically have to be a philosopher to really understand what the Idea of Evil is. We'd all like more information from Miura, but this is an epic manga and it's not going to be ending anytime soon, heck, Miura said the beginning of the Millenium Falcon arc is where the real story begins. Once things get started, he'll have to reveal more. Keeping a manga so good and engrossing (for this reader anyway) for 30+ volumes without giving much away is already an incredible feat, although I think his skill for creating such amazing characters is what keeps it going.

(Puck really needs some more depth at this point though, hopefully when they get to his homeland....)

Also, with the latest chapter (263), am I the only one who's ecstatic that someone finally knows who Guts really is/was?

berserk is the best manga ever in the top w/ gantz and one piece

Quote Originally Posted by jewbagel
    (Puck really needs some more depth at this point though, hopefully when they get to his homeland....)
    I will find it interesting if Puck's actually originally expeled from the island. At least, there's definatly something he's hiding.
    Also, with the latest chapter (263), am I the only one who's ecstatic that someone finally knows who Guts really is/was?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoska
    But what's more interesting, Guts's past as the Raider Commander is about to be revealed.
    I revived the thread just because of it XD. It was about the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoska
    I will find it interesting if Puck's actually originally expeled from the island. At least, there's definatly something he's hiding.
    That sounds a little too Jar Jar Binksish....

And lord knows we don't want that....*shivers*

<--- huge puck fun

look at my avatar lol

I still love Puck too, but JUST using him as comic relief is getting to me a bit lately. Especially with Isidro filling some of that role now too. When was the last time we actually saw Puck in his pedophile child mode? :laugh:

Anyway it seems like he was definitely hiding something when he mentioned his home, so I'm just hoping we get a little something.

yah im sure there is more to it, puck is really important character in berserk

d.luffy

wow .... it has arealy great manga and alot of things not in anime >=(

i still at chp11 .... u know what hapeend ((when guts :"{}>?:")) i think you know .... it make me sick poor guts ....=(

Gets raped up the ass?

Haha, that scene is tame considering some events that happen later...

Anyway, he gets sweet revenge for that eventually. It's kind of an important scene, since it explains how he acts in certain situations. Most notably his relationship to Caska.

Its a really interesting character point.
    How often do you have a male lead who was raped?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information