+ Reply to Thread
Page 219 of 219 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 217 218 219
Results 4,361 to 4,378 of 4378

Thread: Berserk

Default Re: Berserk (New chapters August 8)

Nausicca is amazing so far thanks for that

Interesting theory:

Could it be that God Hand actually WANT Guts to succeed and overthrow Griffith like they did with Gaiseric so Midland gets divided again continuing the circle of suffering the demons love so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    Interesting theory:

Could it be that God Hand actually WANT Guts to succeed and overthrow Griffith like they did with Gaiseric so Midland gets divided again continuing the circle of suffering the demons love so much?
    It's a possibility, but I doubt it.
    They all seemed pretty stoked to have him join them, I'm sure they could probably connect the dots regarding Griffith's dream so I'm sure they knew that Griffiths era was coming.
    Reading : Homunculus, Blade of the Immortal
    Watching : Beelzebub, Slam Dunk

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Like Guts traveling on a boat for FIVE YEARS and counting.
    Damn and Noah's boat ride lasted only 40 Days and 40 Nights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Interesting theory:

Nope, Skullknight rescued Guts from the Eclipse. He was supposed to die then. If Godhand had a plan for him to later kill Griffith, they would've done something to make sure he stayed alived back then. Everything aside Guts escaping the Eclipse is all according to the Idea of Evil's plan to bring upon the Age of Darkness.

I used to love this manga, but I lost track who was who and what is what cuz it takes years before they release new chapters.

Ctrl + W = ???

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Whenever I hear tons of people saying that i get the feeling that 70% of humanity is unable to follow ongoing book series as well.
    It's nothing personal, but these statements always make me scratch my head.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Seems like they have pretty bad memory, lol. I personally don't get it either, since I have no problem following the majority of long running series even with a long time in between releases. Sure I may forget small things, but the important stuf is always still there.

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

It was hilarious though when a few people I know irl complained about that as well as spoilers. Apparently they were spoilered by comments on the internet on the recent ASOIAF chapter even though they barely finished Clash of Kings in book form and can't even remember most main characters in the GoT TV series... you'd think that it shouldn't matter if you get spoiled stuff that you will in 99% of the case forget by the time you reach it...
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Quote Originally Posted by jyushinshuu View Post
    I used to love this manga, but I lost track who was who and what is what cuz it takes years before they release new chapters.
    Don't exaggerate, it only takes months. And we usually get three or four pretty close together when they do release.

It just takes years for anything to happen. But its fine in the trade.

(Also, at that point, you reread the series and enjoy it again.)

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://actiontimebuddies.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Zoan View Post
    Nope, Skullknight rescued Guts from the Eclipse. He was supposed to die then. If Godhand had a plan for him to later kill Griffith, they would've done something to make sure he stayed alived back then. Everything aside Guts escaping the Eclipse is all according to the Idea of Evil's plan to bring upon the Age of Darkness.
    If they really wanted to kill Guts then and there they probably would have done so. I doubt Skull Knight would have been able to defend against all 5 of them given that he cannot even hurt Griffith with a point blank strike. They also had another chance at the counts castle but didn't bother again. I also think that, as they heavily depend on causality, they should be able to predict all future events except for the decisions made by Behelit users (if those weren't free their idea would be pointless).

Default Re: Berserk

The problem with your theory is the world is already headed to the Age of Darkness. The Age of Darkness isn't dependent on Guts killing Griffith. So the masterplan of them using Guts to kill Griffith doesn't really make sense. Especially since none of them have really given Guts a way to fight Griffith. All they really have shown so far is curiousity about Guts struggle.

If they really wanted to kill Guts then and there they probably would have done so. I doubt Skull Knight would have been able to defend against all 5 of them given that he cannot even hurt Griffith with a point blank strike. They also had another chance at the counts castle but didn't bother again. I also think that, as they heavily depend on causality, they should be able to predict all future events except for the decisions made by Behelit users (if those weren't free their idea would be pointless).
    Skull Knight rushes in, grabs him and Caska, deflects a little bit, and rushes right the hell out. He doesn't stick around to get into a prolonged fight, and barely escapes.

And your theory also doesn't account for Caska also surviving. Somehow I don't think the retarded girl figured into the great plans of creating a new destined God once a century.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://actiontimebuddies.com/

President of America Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

It would be really cheap if the Godhand just let Gutts and Caska live, especially since a theme of this manga is "fuck destiny"

Maybe Desperado intends for the theme of screwing over destiny to be that they choose to avoid causality's usual direction when the critical time comes? But the setup basically in every arc is that Guts and Caska are both cogs that fell out of an otherwise robust machine, and their jamming thus far has made little to no impact on the efficiency of the machine just yet

If anything, Guts and Casca's impact has only made the machine more efficient/deadly. Griffiths would have never fallen from grace in the way that he did if it wasn't for those two. Hell, we could say that if it wasn't for his fateful meetings with them then he never would have become Femto in the first place.

Yeah, Guts has been battling destiny since birth, but it's that very character which brought him and Griffiths together in the first place, precipitating the completion of the God Hand and the melding of the two worlds. If this really was all the Idea of Evil's plan, then couldn't we say that It designed a fate for Guts that is built upon his predisposition to oppose his own fate? Fighting his fate is what created his fate, in a way.

The fall from Grace is different from the aftermath of surviving being sacrificed to a den of demons, we're talking about how Skull Knight's interference played any possible role that was outside of the expectation of causality.

Yeah, it definitely seems that there are things that even the God Hand doesn't know about Evil's plan.

Just because the God Hand was surprised by the participation of the Skull Knight doesn't mean that it was beyond the Idea's considerations.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Causality is a funny thing to talk about.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information