+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 257

Thread: General Pokemon television and manga thread

  1. #1

    Default

    Lets forget the bad fillers and Focus on Diamond and pearl

    Disscuss.



    I know im not the only one who watches pokemon

    >.<

    I still watch the series. The new season is pretty good for the show's standards, and it's a nice little show that's kinda relaxing.

    But I'll be honest, I love the show but I don't have any gripes about admitting it's many flaws.
    Last edited by Rob Goku; July 12th, 2010 at 02:22 PM.


    OH SHI-

  2. #2
    beans j. dooma BeansDooma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the jersey

    Default Re: pokemon tread.

    I like the DP season, but I hate the fact that I can barely find raws/subs online, because I cannot stand the new dub. The original dub was awesome.
    hnngrnrgh

  3. #3

    Default Re: pokemon tread.

    Speaking of Pokemon Adventures, I never really saw why people act like that is SO superior to the Anime when it's a rather subpar Manga itself. The one by Ono was much better.


    OH SHI-

  4. #4
    Bokoso
    Guest

    Default Re: pokemon tread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Korobooshi View Post
    Speaking of Pokemon Adventures, I never really saw why people act like that is SO superior to the Anime when it's a rather subpar Manga itself. The one by Ono was much better.
    Hmm, I don't know really why I like it. I started disliking it as soon as Yellow was introduced. Before that, I like the concept of the Gym Leaders being evil and apart of Team Rocket and the badges actually having powers and such. lol, pokeymanz nub. I never read the one by Ono.

  5. #5

    Default Re: pokemon tread.

    I got bored around Johto and kinda lost track but managed to catch a few episodes every now and then. I think the action has gotten a lot better since the first few seasons. Now I just watch Gym Battle related episodes and the movies. Anyone see movie 8? Lucario and the Mystery of Mew would now have to be one of my favorite of the series. The movies so far haven't yet disappointed me. ^_^

    And am I the only one who can't stand Shinji/Paul in Diamond and Pearl? It would be one thing if he was really vicious, rough, and cold with his Pokemon when it came to training and batteling but he doesn't even want to train them. How lazy!

    P.S. What is "Pokeman" is that some weird inside joke?

  6. #6

    Default Re: pokemon tread.

    Quote Originally Posted by tonitonichopper View Post
    And am I the only one who can't stand Shinji/Paul in Diamond and Pearl? It would be one thing if he was really vicious, rough, and cold with his Pokemon when it came to training and batteling but he doesn't even want to train them. How lazy!
    I can't say anything about this Paul/Shinji character from the show since I don't watch it, but that sounds like what people that play in tournaments and such do.

    I mean most people that breed only raise the ones with high IVs and the right nature anyway. The rest just get dumped off. Does that Shinji/Paul character check to see how strong they are, or just dump them if he doesn't like them. Again, I don't know anything about the show, it just sounded similar to me.

  7. #7

    Default Re: pokemon thread.

    I've only read a few of the Pokemon Adventures manga, but I thought it seemed decent.

  8. #8

    Default Re: pokemon tread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctum View Post
    Zephos, you want to trade garadose for sumthing pls he is a poop
    how about my dragonite
    he is name clancy and has ice beam
    what is your garadose name

  9. #9
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer pokemaster95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    teh america yeah!!

    Default Re: pokemon thread.

    Shinji is cold and Heartless who abandons his pokemon and only takes the Strong pokemon....He calls Ash weak because Ash cares for his pokemon.....Currently Shinji abandon his Fire pokemon chimchar and then Ash asked the Abandond pokemon to join his team...and the pokemon said yes causing more intense rivalery.....

    I have tons of pokeman on my Sapphire.and Diamond....I will not tell you them all now.

  10. #10

    Default Re: pokemon thread.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSwJ2HknIMI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZGC5UzLH24

    I won't embed this shit until you tell me how [DURR]. But anyway yeah, bring me my Pokemon back.

  11. #11
    Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fairfax, VA

    Default Re: pokemon thread.

    I haven't watched the anime in a long time. The only time I watched it regularly was during the Kanto arc. And that was when I was 11. I watched a few episodes of when they were in Johto.

    I was flipping through channels and caught a few seconds. I noticed that Misty was replaced with some little kid with glasses. Must've really missed something there.

    Oh and last year I saw a fansub version of the infamous Porygon seizure episode. Didn't give me one but I felt kind of sick after that flash.
    Rappin' Chopper:

    "Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

  12. #12

    Default Re: pokemon thread.

    The orange islands were the only thing I liked in Pokemon after the original series came to an end......

    DragoniteVSEveryonewhowasleft was pretty intense back when I was a Pokemon fanatic like most kids that had access to a television...
    3DS FC: 2809-8939-5066

  13. #13

    Default Re: pokemon tread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kidany View Post
    I can't say anything about this Paul/Shinji character from the show since I don't watch it, but that sounds like what people that play in tournaments and such do.

    I mean most people that breed only raise the ones with high IVs and the right nature anyway. The rest just get dumped off. Does that Shinji/Paul character check to see how strong they are, or just dump them if he doesn't like them. Again, I don't know anything about the show, it just sounded similar to me.
    Hit the nail on the head. He uses the Pokedex to check them out and if he likes the stats he captures it and uses it in Battle. Though he constantly throws them away and he only has 2 solid Pokemon. Chimchar (I think it was thrown away after that tag battle though) and Elekid, his stongest. He figures if it has any difficulties in a battle it's not going to get any better than it already is and lets it go. Quite frankly what's the point of being a Pokemon Trainer if you're not going to train them?

    Quote Originally Posted by Senshi Mizaka View Post
    I haven't watched the anime in a long time. The only time I watched it regularly was during the Kanto arc. And that was when I was 11. I watched a few episodes of when they were in Johto.

    I was flipping through channels and caught a few seconds. I noticed that Misty was replaced with some little kid with glasses. Must've really missed something there.
    She was replaced by May. Max was kinda just along for the ride.

  14. #14

    Default Re: pokemon thread.

    I watch the show every now and then. I kind of stopped caring around johto, but some of the AG episodes were nice. D&P seems to be good so far, too. I've read a few volumes of Pokemon Adventures and it's pretty cool- not the amazingly awesome slice of heaven that makes the anime look like shit in comparison, but it's good.

    What was the comic that kind of followed the anime plot except it was more awesome? I've only read one volume of it, but I liked how they handled Ash's Charizard versus Richie's.

  15. #15

    Default Re: pokemon thread.

    This is what makes the anime awesome.

    The writers finally stopped being retarded and started giving people actual personalities. D/P season's looking tons better than the old ones.

  16. #16

    Default Re: pokemon thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saloma View Post
    This is what makes the anime awesome.

    The writers finally stopped being retarded and started giving people actual personalities. D/P season's looking tons better than the old ones.
    ...really?
    To me it looked pretty much the same. It's just that they picked a stereotypically disgusting girl instead of an old nice grandpa or something.

  17. #17

    Default Re: pokemon thread.

    Someone just like the grass girl too much.

    Having a grass pokemon obsession/fetish =/= anymore "personality" than any of the other characters.

  18. #18

    Default Re: pokemon thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by tony-kun View Post
    Someone just like the grass girl too much.

    Having a grass pokemon obsession/fetish =/= anymore "personality" than any of the other characters.
    I guess you don't watch much pokemon. Would you prefer this, or someone like Koga, who had zero going for him? They at least added a quirk to the characters, instead of making them useless lumps.

  19. #19

    Default Re: pokemon thread.

    I think the main part of DP is they've actually hinted at having overlapping plots, a rarity in the show.


    OH SHI-

  20. #20

    Default Re: pokemon thread.

    The best part about D/P is Croagunk beating the crap out of Brock with his poison death fist whenever he goes "love cook" on women. God I hate Brock.

    And Koga was AWESOME, he basically just grimaced and threw exploding Koffings, but he was awesome.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts