+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Zoinks! A Scooby Doo thread!

Default Re: Zoinks! A Scooby Doo thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Sure hope they don't wind up making Blue Falcon a goofball and Dynomutt the straight man.
    I mean, Dynomut's being voiced by Keon Jeong here, so the less the character tries to be funny the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

I am fairly certain I have never seen the very disco opening to The New Scooby Doo Mysteries (at 5:30) before.
    Haven't dropped by this thread in a while, but just wanted to say:
    HOLY CRAP! I watched that one! That was certainly a blast of nostalgia.
    As a child I loved seeing the monsters dance in a line, which is how I remember it.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post

Complicating things since 2009.

They just retconned the best Scooby movie just for this crap to take its place?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    .... Scoob does? Or Return to Zombie Island?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    I like Reluctant Werewolf but it wasn't canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChNmaeY_Sos

I am fairly certain I have never seen the very disco opening to The New Scooby Doo Mysteries (at 5:30) before. If its because those weren't syndicated or they just used a different opening and packaged them with the other stuff, I dunno. That intro ironically dated a lot faster than the original.
    I, uh, I think the classic monsters are trying to do the thriller dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hide View Post
    I mean, Dynomut's being voiced by Keon Jeong here, so the less the character tries to be funny the better.
    I mean it's not Dane Cook playing him.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

I mean it's not Dane Cook playing him.
    I mean, an explosion with a smaller radius is still deadly.

Despite how much Dane Cook is memed on,
    I still really like a lot of the highly quoted stuff.
    A lot of which was put over anime clips on YouTube near 2008.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Movie is heading to streaming.

Movie is heading to streaming.
    Probably where it belonged from the start really.
    Complicating things since 2009.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

I was really looking forward to seeing that one in theaters. Hopefully this doesn't tank any plans they had for similarly treated spinoffs.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

So I just watched Scoob!
    Spoiler:
    Seeing a Hanna Barbera opening with California Love sure feels weird when one knows the full lyrics, maybe I just becoming too old. Having celebrity guest VAs feels cheap and disrespectful when you have long dated talented VAs doing their job, this parasitic practice is common in Brazil but our VA industry is pretty mediocre, it's sad to see it being used elsewhere too. Did I just see pro healthy food bullies? What's the deal with Simon, first Shrek now this? Don't know enough of Blue Falcon and Dynomutt besides Laff-a-Lympics to judge them, and this Falcon is the son of the original so yeah, can't say much. The mystery I want to solve is what happened to Muttley? hah the Fbombs joke was good. Dick was trying to resurrect Muttley?! How can he be a villain with a motive this pure?! Yeah this feels more like a Hanna Barbera Multiverse filme than a Scooby Doo film. Captain Caveman was great. Overall ir's an OK movie but it feels more like a Hanna Barbera cinematic universe than a Scooby movie.

I started watching mystery incorporated. I've never cared much for Scooby Doo, or Hanna-barbera at all really, but people talked really fondly about this one and...yeah, it seems pretty fun so far. Most of the comedy is my exact wavelength. Scooby himself is my least favourite element so far, mostly because he's...whats the opposite of cockblocking? Anyway, Velma is super horny is what I'm saying

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Scooby himself is my least favourite element so far, mostly because he's...whats the opposite of cockblocking?
    Henpenning?

I dunno.

Yeah the girl-dog-boy triangle drama isn't the highlight of the show. But it is overall a great show, and it seems to appeal to even the grumpy people who never cared for Scooby like robby.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    I started watching mystery incorporated. I've never cared much for Scooby Doo, or Hanna-barbera at all really, but people talked really fondly about this one and...yeah, it seems pretty fun so far. Most of the comedy is my exact wavelength. Scooby himself is my least favourite element so far, mostly because he's...whats the opposite of cockblocking? Anyway, Velma is super horny is what I'm saying
    That love triangle gets mostly abandoned somewhere in the first season and the show is better for it. It is easily the worst part of the show. But if you can make it past that first hurdle, you're rewarded with the greatest treasure there is: more of himbo Fred.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Watched a bit more. Upon reflection, I think my beef with Scooby (and to a lesser extent Shaggy) is not how he relates to Velma, and more that he feels straight out of the older cartoons. I'm no expert on those, but everyone else seems written with a lot more wit, whereas Scoobys whimpering antics can feel kinda out of place, like he's some mandated kid-friendly sidekick. Even the "Scooby...doobydoo...!" at the end of the title sequence feels kind of tacked on, which is weird considering the franchise bears his name

But maybe its always been this way?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information