+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 640

Thread: Street Fighter x Tekken & Tekken x Street Fighter

  1. #601

    Default Re: Street Fighter x Tekken & Tekken x Street Fighter

    Kinda preaching to the "choir" here, people buy the new Madden's and NBA2K's when they already have online free roster updates.

    Not much you can do about it by not buying it, since the masses will do that for you.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

  2. #602
    Uchū kitā! Toshiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Default Re: Street Fighter x Tekken & Tekken x Street Fighter

    So anyone worked on good tag cancel combos? Im working on some with King/Julia and getting about 515-600 damage with 2 meter.

    Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

  3. #603

    Default Re: Street Fighter x Tekken & Tekken x Street Fighter

    Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post
    For SFxT I will get 12 characters for 20 bucks... If you go alone by the numbers of characters it is a fair pricing. Other fighting games and there sequels bring even less to the table on new mechanics and characters but you have to pay the full price
    My god it's like talking to a newt. Suppose SFxT has a roster of whatever the hell it is. Then they charge you $20 for 12 additional characters. OK. Why can't Capcom just ensure those 12 additional characters make the game without forcing the gamer to pay for DLC?



    Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post
    The only thing I dislike are people now forcing all the hate towards Capcom (OK they managed it stupid with the whole on disc shit) if a lot of other companies are doing the same shit (day one DLCs and so on). That's a double standard in my eyes
    Have you been to the Fuck You Capcom thread? I could have sworn I left a link on your page. The reason why people are hating on Capcom en masse is because Capcom is the worst offender out of all companies. It's true that everyone is boning the gamers with DLC but Capcom is by far the worst. Their business practices (which includes these clusterfucks they call DLC) have made them hated within the gaming community. You don't sound like someone who has been gaming for years so I'll give you some leniancy. However, if you live in this current era of gaming and still can't tell why people revile Capcom more than any other company then you obviously don't pay attention to details whether they be large or small.

  4. #604
    I will survive this hell! Kishido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Street Fighter x Tekken & Tekken x Street Fighter

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus Dominus View Post
    My god it's like talking to a newt. Suppose SFxT has a roster of whatever the hell it is. Then they charge you $20 for 12 additional characters. OK. Why can't Capcom just ensure those 12 additional characters make the game without forcing the gamer to pay for DLC?





    Have you been to the Fuck You Capcom thread? I could have sworn I left a link on your page. The reason why people are hating on Capcom en masse is because Capcom is the worst offender out of all companies. It's true that everyone is boning the gamers with DLC but Capcom is by far the worst. Their business practices (which includes these clusterfucks they call DLC) have made them hated within the gaming community. You don't sound like someone who has been gaming for years so I'll give you some leniancy. However, if you live in this current era of gaming and still can't tell why people revile Capcom more than any other company then you obviously don't pay attention to details whether they be large or small.
    Well seems we have different opinion on that one. We should stop it now and you stop the insults for god's sake just because we have different opinions on this.

    And hey Prof. I'm playing game since I'm 5 years old... And hey that means for 20 years now...

  5. #605

    Default Re: Street Fighter x Tekken & Tekken x Street Fighter

    Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post
    Well seems we have different opinion on that one. We should stop it now and you stop the insults for god's sake just because we have different opinions on this.

    And hey Prof. I'm playing game since I'm 5 years old... And hey that means for 20 years now...
    If you still don't know why people hate Capcom that's nothing to brag about. And for the record, if you interpret my Truth as insults then it's nothing I need concern myself with.

  6. #606

    Default Re: Street Fighter x Tekken & Tekken x Street Fighter

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus Dominus View Post
    And what's wrong with having all that stuff already in the game? I think what we have here is a failure to communicate. Both sides have arguments but we're not hearing each other.

    Your argument: DLC content is fine.
    My argument: Why DLC? Why can't the developers already put that stuff in the game before it's released.

    Your argument: If I like a game I'll pay for the DLC.
    My argument: So there's nothing wrong with paying more than $60 for one game?

    Now I could be wrong, but I don't recall paying for anything AFTER I brought the game during the 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit, 128-bit (cause no one actually bought an N64 really), and even during the early part of the current console generation. After year one however developers started boning us.
    Like it or not, DLC is necessary for some games. Yes, 8-128 bit games didn't have DLC, but at the same time, the concept of used games wasn't all that frequent. Nowadays, people don't have to directly pay Capcom for their game. People can wait until the game is used or buy the game from someone else, and half the time, that method is cheaper. With games being bought used, sometimes companies don't make money.

    Yes, it sucks and is completely crude of them to have the content already on the disc, and for you to purchase those additional characters purely because they won't you play them otherwise. However, it's barely different to any other case of DLC. Most DLC is already being worked on by the time the game is already finished, before the game is released. A lot of DLC could easily be added before the game is made, and they DON'T put it on the disc, but they release it shortly after the game comes out.

    Sure, you may think it's unfair, but:
    -You don't have to buy another whole game. In the past (cause the past was so glorious and perfect), we'd have to buy a whole new game for not only new characters, but patches to the game. Patches! We fucking get patches for free now!
    -This allows game companies to actually make money. Ever notice that nowadays, games sometimes come with benefits inside the box when you buy it completely fresh and new? Like free DLC that comes with the purchase or maybe a month of free XBox Live service? Those are benefits for people who buy the game fresh, and not used. Cause when games are bought 'used', game companies don't make money. I'm sure you're going to say that's 'greedy', but...no....that's business. Welcome to reality.

    I will remain pissed off over UMvC3, because that game had NO EXCUSE to exist. Zero. It made a $60 game that I bought completely worthless, and forced me to pay $40 dollars for me to have 12 characters (2 of which are characters I actually wanted). I'm sure you all will say, "But Insider, you weren't forced!" Yes. Yes I was. Like I said, MvC3 became OBSOLETE! Fewer people played it, and honestly, I wanted to keep up with my friends in the different games we were all playing.

    UMvC3, I do not tolerate, and I regret buying it completely. I wish I could take it back.

    I've enjoyed SFxT, and so far, there is no real reason to make a 'Super Street Fighter x Tekken'. There are no characters that NEED to be in this game that we have to make another whole game. If we need a follow up game to this, it will be TxSF. If they do make SSFxT, I won't buy it.

    But if they're going to give me inexpensive options to add to my game....I'm not going to complain. I'm not going to complain because I don't have to wait 10 months to buy another $40 dollar game that I already have that will have characters that I want. I can enjoy the game to my leisure, and if I get tired of the game before the DLC comes out, I don't have to get it.
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

  7. #607

    Default Re: Street Fighter x Tekken & Tekken x Street Fighter

    Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    Like it or not, DLC is necessary for some games. Yes, 8-128 bit games didn't have DLC, but at the same time, the concept of used games wasn't all that frequent. Nowadays, people don't have to directly pay Capcom for their game. People can wait until the game is used or buy the game from someone else, and half the time, that method is cheaper. With games being bought used, sometimes companies don't make money.

    Yes, it sucks and is completely crude of them to have the content already on the disc, and for you to purchase those additional characters purely because they won't you play them otherwise. However, it's barely different to any other case of DLC. Most DLC is already being worked on by the time the game is already finished, before the game is released. A lot of DLC could easily be added before the game is made, and they DON'T put it on the disc, but they release it shortly after the game comes out.

    Sure, you may think it's unfair, but:
    -You don't have to buy another whole game. In the past (cause the past was so glorious and perfect), we'd have to buy a whole new game for not only new characters, but patches to the game. Patches! We fucking get patches for free now!
    -This allows game companies to actually make money. Ever notice that nowadays, games sometimes come with benefits inside the box when you buy it completely fresh and new? Like free DLC that comes with the purchase or maybe a month of free XBox Live service? Those are benefits for people who buy the game fresh, and not used. Cause when games are bought 'used', game companies don't make money. I'm sure you're going to say that's 'greedy', but...no....that's business. Welcome to reality.

    I will remain pissed off over UMvC3, because that game had NO EXCUSE to exist. Zero. It made a $60 game that I bought completely worthless, and forced me to pay $40 dollars for me to have 12 characters (2 of which are characters I actually wanted). I'm sure you all will say, "But Insider, you weren't forced!" Yes. Yes I was. Like I said, MvC3 became OBSOLETE! Fewer people played it, and honestly, I wanted to keep up with my friends in the different games we were all playing.

    UMvC3, I do not tolerate, and I regret buying it completely. I wish I could take it back.

    I've enjoyed SFxT, and so far, there is no real reason to make a 'Super Street Fighter x Tekken'. There are no characters that NEED to be in this game that we have to make another whole game. If we need a follow up game to this, it will be TxSF. If they do make SSFxT, I won't buy it.

    But if they're going to give me inexpensive options to add to my game....I'm not going to complain. I'm not going to complain because I don't have to wait 10 months to buy another $40 dollar game that I already have that will have characters that I want. I can enjoy the game to my leisure, and if I get tired of the game before the DLC comes out, I don't have to get it.

    That's two who get it. We're still waiting on you KiShiDo.

  8. #608
    Must've been rats Sakonosolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The Spinward Marches

    Default Re: Street Fighter x Tekken & Tekken x Street Fighter

    I think it's funny as well because if you told someone 20 years ago that they could pay a fraction of the price of a full game for extra content added into whatever game they were playing, I'm sure that they would have jumped on the idea as something awesome. But now that it's here nobody likes it.

  9. #609

    Default Re: Street Fighter x Tekken & Tekken x Street Fighter

    I like SFxT, and I won't harp against it's DLC because I have a choice to get it. Yeah, they could have put it on the disc. Well, other games could also have their dates pushed back and have more content on it. Doesn't matter. DLC is going to exist because game companies want to make money, and I understand that.

    I will not, however, support UMvC3 and any game like it unless they give an abundance of new content that makes the game seem like it's more than worth that cost. UMvC3 was faaaaar from that border. SSF4 was right on the line.

    I know we like to worship the past of video games because we lived through it and loved it, but that era was the era of the 'Super Hyper Chocolate Banana Nut Street Fighter 2: Ultimate Tofu Edition". But you know what: We didn't have a choice then. DLC didn't exist. We have a choice now. I choose DLC over Super Caca Fighter EX Diarrhea Edition.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Wait, people are still mad over BBA Mega Man? Come on! That guy's awesome! This is coming from a guy still hoping for Mega Man Legends 3.
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

  10. #610
    Le ali del principio Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    rurouning between Paris, Strasbourg, Kehl and Grandline

    Default Re: Street Fighter x Tekken & Tekken x Street Fighter

    The major complaint I have with DLC (by that I mean "honest" DLC) is that if I purchased it and want to visit a friend to play it, I can't because the extra content is in my PS3, not in my disc. Therefore without bringing my system with me, we can't play the game and its extra content.
    That's why I prefer when they propose both the "super" version and the DLC option, like they did with SSF IV AE or Red Dead Redemption.
    I know some people prefer digital releases and I can perfectly understand why but it's not my case.
    They DEFINITELY should have proposed the DLC option for UMvsC 3 and BlazBlue Extend.


  11. #611

    Default Re: Street Fighter x Tekken & Tekken x Street Fighter

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    I think it's funny as well because if you told someone 20 years ago that they could pay a fraction of the price of a full game for extra content added into whatever game they were playing, I'm sure that they would have jumped on the idea as something awesome. But now that it's here nobody likes it.
    You're mistaken. If I bought Castlevania III and someone told me that for an extra $20 I could get Sypha, Grant, and Alucard I'd be pretty pissed off that they weren't in the actual game. Same goes for Mega Man. If someone told me I could just tank some extra cash into Mega Man 4 for extra powers it wouldn't fly with me.

    I understand your argument but it's flawed. You claim that DLC is like paying a fraction of a price for a new game so the consumer is coming out on top. That's nonsense. It's nonsense because those companies still make sequels which still contain loads of cosmetic DLC and so the cost of a new game is never offset it's only increased. If you buy SCIV for instance and there is DLC (for arguments sake) it doesn't prevent you from buying SCV and the DLC in SCV doesn't eliminate the need for SCVI.

  12. #612
    Must've been rats Sakonosolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The Spinward Marches

    Default Re: Street Fighter x Tekken & Tekken x Street Fighter

    I'm more referring to additional content, not stuff that should have been in the game originally. It's kind of a thin line I suppose though. And stuff is still way more expensive than it should be.

  13. #613

    Default Re: Street Fighter x Tekken & Tekken x Street Fighter

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    I'm more referring to additional content, not stuff that should have been in the game originally. It's kind of a thin line I suppose though. And stuff is still way more expensive than it should be.
    I understand what you're saying and I am more inclined to lend a sympathetic ear to your views rather than KiShiDo's. In my view, I could get with DLC if it wasn't so forced and if the extras weren't as BIG and expensive. For example, Arkham City you just got a few extra costumes and a stage or two. No big deal, buy the DLC or leave it, doesn't make or break the game. In a fighting game though, missing TWELVE characters is bullshit, and it's rape. It is RAPE on behalf of any game developer as some people might only use those 12 characters or maybe even a fraction of them.

    I play UMVC3 a couple times a week and while I've had the game since it came out, there is an entire handful of characters I never use. You might say that I only use 12 characters, same goes for Tekken. Now imagine just imagine for a minute that Wesker, Akuma, Vergil, Dante, X-23, Trish, Deadpool, Wolverine, Ghost Rider, Spider-Man, Nova, and Iron Man are ALL missing from MVC3 and Capcom says you need to pay for them. I'd be pretty pissed and I'd have every right to be. This is even worse with FFXIII-2 because while I've been a long, long-time fan of Square this game might have been the one to end all that for me. I forked over $80 for the special edition, another $30 for the limited edition guide and there is still a ton of crap that SE expects me to pay for via DLC. I'm playing FFXIII-2 and the damn game feels rushed like they wanted to sell us half of it and then make up for it with patches. BIG, expensive patches.

    DLC is OK if you don't "really" need it but when you do we have to face the facts that these companies are blasting us in the ass. Gaming nowadays is a multiplatform Ass Blast.

  14. #614

    Default Re: Street Fighter x Tekken & Tekken x Street Fighter

    Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post
    For SFxT I will get 12 characters for 20 bucks... If you go alone by the numbers of characters it is a fair pricing. Other fighting games and there sequels bring even less to the table on new mechanics and characters but you have to pay the full price

    You mean like 40 dollars for 8 characters?

    Edit: Wow, actually reading this thread I'm gonna have to throw my hat into it as some people need a bit of an eye opener.

    Bring Back Sarus!

    Without KOS the forum is a POS.


  15. #615

    Default Re: Street Fighter x Tekken & Tekken x Street Fighter

    Oh, I'm not going to support the bullshit that is the FFXIII-2 DLC. That is a huge pile of horseshit.

    I can play SFxT and not buy the characters, but still fight the character online by people who bought them. FFXIII-2? I gotta fucking buy an extra portion of the game so I can know the real ending to the game. THAT is bullshit.
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

  16. #616

    Default Re: Street Fighter x Tekken & Tekken x Street Fighter

    This game is fun as fuck

    love my poison

  17. #617
    Uchū kitā! Toshiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Default Re: Street Fighter x Tekken & Tekken x Street Fighter

    Loving Julia so much. Need to learn how to effectively use her wind rolls moves @_@

    Your Poison is good hh.

    Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

  18. #618

    Default Re: Street Fighter x Tekken & Tekken x Street Fighter

    Quote Originally Posted by pyromonki View Post
    Kinda preaching to the "choir" here, people buy the new Madden's and NBA2K's when they already have online free roster updates.

    Not much you can do about it by not buying it, since the masses will do that for you.

    The sports games alot of the time changes things drastically from animations to gameplay/visual overhauls. You could say the same about ANY game that has sequels as it's really just more of the same with slight upgrades (Uncharted, Fallout, Arkham series, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, etc....)


    Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    I think it's funny as well because if you told someone 20 years ago that they could pay a fraction of the price of a full game for extra content added into whatever game they were playing, I'm sure that they would have jumped on the idea as something awesome. But now that it's here nobody likes it.
    It was extremely rare back then, I can literally think of only about 3 franchises off the top of my head that did things like this. Right now almost EVERY game does it and it can easily be seen as "milking" as much as "expanding on the experience".Plus alot of the things that are DLC today (color/costume changes, characters, weapons, etc...) were unlocked by playing the game instead of spending an extra $1-20 per unlock.

    Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post

    Anyway you can see DLC as you want, but sadly times have changed to it... And seriously.. on disc is really lame... BUT let us compare 12 unique characters to let me say CoC.

    We got a yearly CoD (and I have nothing against CoD) with more or less the same game mechanic + some add ons... BUT nothing really new... But still I have to pay 60 bucks. Other games as well... even if some of them are not yearly releases

    Of course I would enjoy the game with all 12 characters at the very beginning... but like i tried to tell you. Times have changed. Back than I could enjoy a movie in cinema without being forced to pay extra for 3D (I hate 3d but like going into cinema and certain movies) cuz the movie isn't out in 2d in the cinemas.

    I'm not a friend of DLC and overall agree with you. BUT sadly this isn't the case anymore... But god bless our free mind... You alone can chose if you buy a DLC or not. And I rather buy 12 characters than for example outfits, weapons or such stupid stuff as I mentioned before.

    The only thing I dislike are people now forcing all the hate towards Capcom (OK they managed it stupid with the whole on disc shit) if a lot of other companies are doing the same shit (day one DLCs and so on). That's a double standard in my eyes
    COD offers a different experience than the previous games and, again, it's not like Modern Warfare 2 was on the Modern Warfare 1 disc. Do you honestly not see the difference between these two?

    What movie is played in 3D but not 2D? I can't really think of one but regardless your analogy is a bit off: This is like paying for the advertised movie, learning that a third of the plot was removed from the final cut and then being asked at the theater to pay an extra 5 dollars to see the movie with the plot intact. So, imagine going to see Hangover and they go from waking up in the hotel room into being in the elevator with the kid/tiger and being charged more to see that part in between.

    Yeah, I can "choose" to pay for the 12 DLC characters, keeping in mind I'm gonna be entering a tournament with 1000 dollar guaranteed pot in November (this is true) and not paying for them not only limits my practice against these characters but also limits my team as I could end up maining one of those 12 (including Sakura, my main from SFIV). Yep, 20 dollars for 600 kbs of code really is a steal.

    You must only visit Capcom threads/sites as there has been bile and outrage for on disc/rehashed map packs for COD, the day one DLC for Mass Effect 3, Story DLC for FFXIII-2, etc...... BTW, using the "Capcom isn't the only one to do this so why are you only getting mad at them?" is a very bad argument. ALL companies get backlash against them when they do shit like this but Capcom just KEEPS DOING IT, especially to the fighting game division: U/MvC3, S/SFIV:AE/2012, SFxT, 3rd Strike, etc...Hell, they sold Dead Rising 2 TWICE including charging for cheats and the worst of it is they offer bullshit explanations/apologies and do NOTHING to rectify it. They simply want you to buy it or the upgrade or the dlc or w/e and they keep doing it because people are just gonna KEEP buying it.

    Bring Back Sarus!

    Without KOS the forum is a POS.


  19. #619

    Default Re: Street Fighter x Tekken & Tekken x Street Fighter

    Gaming is a leisure activity. Let's talk about combos or something.

    Id love to join this DLC discussion, but it feels like I've had it many times before. Capcom treats us so poorly, yet makes such delicious games. Sigh...

    This game is really fun and good too. Need to play it more. But then there is mass effect. Dern

  20. #620
    Uchū kitā! Toshiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Default Re: Street Fighter x Tekken & Tekken x Street Fighter

    I got a 475 damage combo using 1 meter with a tag cancel with Julia/King.

    Or more if I use more meter.

    Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts