+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 318 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra

Quote Originally Posted by LinkG07
    Well that's a downer. Dude don't tell me you didn't grow up with at least one Nick show... Rugrats?? Doug?? Catdog?? Blues Clues?? Anything??
    Spongebob Square Pants = funniest show on earth XD

and yes, Avatar is also great !

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Yeah, with the finale they really went out with a bang. Next season we'll be seeing Zuko's sister, and Aang will probably learn more firebending, along with earth.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Great Finale. I think the next season will be the Book of Earth since I think he'll learn Fire-Bending last.

Even though he still has to master Water-Bending. He has Katara to help him.

They killed a character off in a Nickelodeon cartoon. Impressive.
    And the Meek shall Inherit the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Senshi Mizaka
    Next season we'll be seeing Zuko's sister
    They were showing The Storm again earlier today and it showed her during Zuko's "duel" with the Fire Lord. She's right next to Iroh and Zhao, but in such a way that it makes her look like a bystander. Of course, now that I know that's what she looks like, it's easy to pick her out.

Quote Originally Posted by BatDan
    They killed a character off in a Nickelodeon cartoon. Impressive.
    Several actually. I was also impressed by their willingness to throw around the words "kill" and "dead".

Spoiler:
    If you were looking for something on April 1st, it's not here.
    Last edited by Ubiq; April 1st, 2014 at 11:06 AM.
    Complicating things since 2009.

What I meant to say is that she'll have a role in the next season. Supposedly, she'll be going after Zuko and Iroh along with Aang, Kitara and Sokka.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

great fending for the season. I was suprised too how much the used kill and dead. It was sweet tho. Also what happened to that guys son (the uncle)? I just hope this show doesnt get cancelled for too much violence *roll eyes*.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

Quote Originally Posted by warp
    I just hope this show doesnt get cancelled for too much violence *roll eyes*.
    Then the fans will go crazy like they did when Invader Zim was cancelled for pretty much the same reason (There was the episode where Keef had his eyes ripped out and replaced with mechanical ones.) Plus all the dark moments such as Zim and Dib turning into meat with that dark music playing in the background "Meats Of EVIL."

Of course, kids today would love Zim because of G.I.R's funny lines.

HI FLOOR, make me a sammich!

WHY PIGGY WHY? I LOVED YOU!

Awww i loved invader zim ;-; id wish theyd make new ones

Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

Zim is on the NickToons channel now. If Avatar gets cancelled, it may wind up there.

NickToons has all the good (and sometimes disturbing) Nick stuff now.

Quote Originally Posted by Senshi Mizaka
    What I meant to say is that she'll have a role in the next season. Supposedly, she'll be going after Zuko and Iroh along with Aang, Kitara and Sokka.
    Oh, I didn't think that you had meant that we had never seen her before, just that they introduced the character a long time ago without us realizing who she was.

I like when shows do things like that.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Very nice. Quite a breath of fresh air; I was quite certain Klasky-Csupo stuff would dominate Nickelodean forever.

Klasky-Csupo stuff was good back in the day . . . . .

But yeah, I love how Avatar isn't afraid of death and violence. It never goes over the top anime-style (to keep the soccer moms at bay) but for an American cartoon it goes the distance. And it's insanely popular so if I heard right Nickelodeon ordered like 60 more eps, or at least for the show to finish.

And if we go by how the Avatars are reincarnated and in what order Aang is supposed to learn bending, it should go thus: Book of Water, Book of Earth, Book of Fire, Book of Air.

*wants DVDs NOW*

I heard that DVDs are coming soon. It would be better if they did boxed sets of each season, and name them whatever book they were.

Getting back to Seige of the Water Tribe, I missed the first few minutes of it. But, it was kind of sad, and unlike anything they've done. We can only hope that the pissed off soccer moms of the country won't come outside Nick studio with torches saying that Avatar is bad for kids to watch.
    Rappin' Chopper:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releasei...ReleaseID=5348

This is the only Avatar DVD coming out according to TVshowsondvd.com.

It has the first four episodes from the Book of Water. It will require four more DVDs to complete the first season if they release them like this.

Gosh dangit. At least that's a step above 4Kids with three episodes per DVD. ~.~;;

satsuki why is the book of air last he has already learned air bending. Tho im concerened with angs(sp) va. He's only like 12 i think. well he looked that young. what happens when his voice changes....

And if we go by how the Avatars are reincarnated and in what order Aang is supposed to learn bending, it should go thus: Book of Water, Book of Earth, Book of Fire, Book of Air.
    He already knows Air, so it'd end with him trying to learn Fire, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Myoti
    He already knows Air, so it'd end with him trying to learn Fire, probably.
    If Satsuki is thinking along the same lines I think she is, the series will probably end with Aang resurrecting Air Bending as a discipline.

Calling the last book Air makes more sense anyway as Air would be ascendant over Fire by that point. Fire is best used for the third book, which should have the climatic action of the series while the fourth shows the defeat of the Fire Nation and the consequences of that.

Actually I'm going in the order of Avatar reincarnation. *read as a circle*
    ->Water->Earth->Fire->Air.

The last Avatar before Aang was a firebender, and now he an Airbender is Avatar. Meaning the next Avatar after Aang will be a Waterbender. Hence why the first book of the series is the Book of Water. It's next in the cycle.

A note that we do not know if Aang is an Airbending Master; if he were an apprentice, everyone else is too far gone to be of assistance. It's not implied or denied in the show, so I am convinced "Book of Air" would be the last. Seems strangely fitting.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information