+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 318 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra

I think Aang has just about if not totally mastered air bending. In the flashbacks they showed it was obvious he was the top pupil at his temple. That and those handy-dandy avatar powers.

But yeah, Book of Air should be the climactic saga since Aang is an air bender.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki
    The last Avatar before Aang was a firebender, and now he an Airbender is Avatar. Meaning the next Avatar after Aang will be a Waterbender. Hence why the first book of the series is the Book of Water. It's next in the cycle.
    Not to mention the fact that the book began with the Southern tribe already destroyed and ended with the near destruction of the Northern tribe.

At a guess, the next book may be centered more around the Fire Nation's war with the Earth Kingdom.
    Complicating things since 2009.

According to Wikipedia new episodes should come out March 17.

That's on my birthday. The last show that had a season premiere on my birthday was South Park and it was one of the best episodes (The one where they are Ninja.)

I have high hopes.

And the first four episodes on DVD in two days.
    And the Meek shall Inherit the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by LinkG07
    Well that's a downer. Dude don't tell me you didn't grow up with at least one Nick show... Rugrats?? Doug?? Catdog?? Blues Clues?? Anything??
    Actually yes, I grew up with all those shows and I really liked Catdog, but around 7-10 years of age cartoonnetwork took my heart.

Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Bumping this topic because I just watched episode 18, The Waterbending Master, on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3AlD...nding%20Master

That is all kinds of awesome, I have a newfound appreciation for Waterbenders. Although Earthbending is still my favorite.

And you're right, Ubiq, the Book of Earth does deal more with the Fire Nation's war against the Earth Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki
    And you're right, Ubiq, the Book of Earth does deal more with the Fire Nation's war against the Earth Kingdom.
    No real surprise there; the Earth Kingdom is the competition the Fire Nation has left so the focus will be on their fight and they'll begin to press their advantage the closer the Comet comes. I figure we'll see the capital of Ba Tsing Se (that's about as close as I can get to the proper spelling) fall at the end of this chapter. Apparently, that's the only major city the Earth Kingdom has left.

Has it ever been said who rules the Earth Kingdom? Is it a collection of City-States ruled by Kings or does it have a King who rules from their capital?

I expect the last part of the Book of Earth and the Book of Fire to be real downers. Sooner or later, you'd think that the Fire Lord will want revenge against the Southern Tribe for their role in killing his pet Admiral and destroying one of his fleets. That'll most likely happen in the next book.

You know, I was really caught off-guard by the revelation that there were more Waterbenders than the polar tribes.

That's a one hellacious way to end an episode. He couldn't really be... I mean... surely Nickolodeon wouldn't let them do that would they?

Now watch Nickolodeon preempt it next week for whatever reason and make us wait a month to find out what happened.

I started to watch this show a week ago or so, when I saw it in Nickelodeon Spain: theyre around episode 11 , at least when I watch it(monday to friday at 19:30, if anyone is interested). Anyway, Ive downloaded all the episodes of the second season (from The avatar state to Zuko Alone)...the more I think about it, the more Im sure that Zuko will eventually turn to Aangs side and teach him the firebending
    Waiting for a signature that is worth to see...

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq
    That's a one hellacious way to end an episode. He couldn't really be... I mean... surely Nickolodeon wouldn't let them do that would they?

Now watch Nickolodeon preempt it next week for whatever reason and make us wait a month to find out what happened.
    What did I miss? I tried taping it but my DVR fucked up and didn't tape it.

Oh, now I'll never know.
    And the Meek shall Inherit the Earth.

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatDan
    What did I miss? I tried taping it but my DVR fucked up and didn't tape it.

Oh, now I'll never know.

At the end, there was a 3-way fight between Aang, Zuko, and Azula. Then, Kitara, Sokka, Taaf (Sp?), and Iroh join in. Everyone corners Azula, and she fakes a surrender. Then, she attacks, and Iroh gets hit. I don't know if he's dead, or injured. Well, he was moaning, but he might be dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq

Avatar is the only show on Nick that's shown death as far as I know. In the last part of Seige of the Water Tribe, that one girl Sokka liked (I forget her name) dies.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Off With Their Heads! Seta Ginny's Avatar
    Rurouni between New Jersey, New York, and Maryland

Believe it or not, my cousin Jack does a voice on this show, I don't know which one *googles* ...Sokka. Don't know how he is in it...I've actually never seen the show. I'm not usually into the "american anime" types...but it's interesting to hear so many of you guys watch it! I may have to check it out.

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Believe me, Ginny it's not your typical Ameranime. They don't go overboard with the chibi characters, and weird expressions like Teen Titans did. I heard that some of the animators are Japanese, too.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Quote Originally Posted by Seta Ginny
    Believe it or not, my cousin Jack does a voice on this show, I don't know which one *googles* ...Sokka. Don't know how he is in it...I've actually never seen the show. I'm not usually into the "american anime" types...but it's interesting to hear so many of you guys watch it! I may have to check it out.
    Holy shit. Your cousins with him?! Holy crap! He was also on all that! Man thats awesome!

Anyway...i have bearly seen any episodes on season 2 ;-; Does on demand have season 2 yet? I really wanted to see last nights too....

Whats happeneing right in the story..

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

I REALLY hope Iroh doesn't die. If he does, well, there went the theory that Iroh would teach Aang airbending.

Quote Originally Posted by Seta Ginny
    Holy shit, your cousin is the voice of Sokka!? You are now like a mini-celebrity. Like you already weren't. (Sokka is one of the three main characters. And the source of most of the jokes)

DEFINITELY check it out, SetaGinny. It does take cues from anime, but I think it does very well on standing on its own feet. And it does that without relying on humor or already created American heroes. (no offense, TT) But what I love about it more than anything is that it doesn't insult children's intelligence. Characters die, people get hurt, there's BLOOD (not a lot, this is public television), they talk about martial arts philosophy, it acknowledges that the world is not all a cheery happy place where nobody gets hurt.

Example: How does Aang learn how his master was killed 100 years ago? He comes across his skeleton, which is surrounded by skeletons in enemy armor. Understandably, he's traumatized.

Quote Originally Posted by Senshi Mizaka
    At the end, there was a 3-way fight between Aang, Zuko, and Azula. Then, Kitara, Sokka, Taaf (Sp?), and Iroh join in. Everyone corners Azula, and she fakes a surrender. Then, she attacks, and Iroh gets hit. I don't know if he's dead, or injured. Well, he was moaning, but he might be dying.
    Ive read some future episodes summaries and hes still alive
    http://epguides.com/AvatarTheLastAirbender/

In the summary of The Fury of the avatar, they mention Iroh...

Yaaaaay!!!

although by the looks of that summary Iroh may still need healing . . .

Holy... your cousin is Sokka? That rocks unbelievably. Sokka is one of the best characters on the show, he's hilarious, and he has some of the best and funniest lines, completely sold by the delivery. So, if you see him, tell him he's great. ;)

@Iroh: (and this episode so rocked):
    Spoiler:
    not dead. Browsed down around the avatar_fans lj, which is kind of a mindless cesspool, but it did mention that there has been an episode announced featuring Zuko and Iroh lost in a desert. Which implies that, unless it's Zuko hauling his corpse everywhere, he'll at least survive.

I adore Azula and her Girl Brigade. The second season has been just excellent so far-- the Zuko=ronin/gunfighter episode had class. Reminded me of the Western "Shane", and I'm pretty sure it was a deliberate allusion.

Sometimes it's nice to relax with a familiar American sense of comic timing and pacing. And have I mentioned Azula's rockingness?

OK, I've officially overused the word "rock".

Which one is Iroh again? Is he from season 1 or new guy. Man youtube doesnt have any new episodes this sucks. On demand only had chapter 1 and 2 of book 2 (which were pretty good. Anag x kitrata <3)

Edit: oh wait i remember hes zuko uncle! That guy is kickass

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

warp, just get 'em from Cartoon Palace... or iTunes, you can buy them for $1.99.

Iroh is indeed Zuko's kickass uncle, current exile, former general, former crown prince of the Fire Nation, "The Dragon of the West", and my favorite. ^_^

Anyone else thinks that this season will end with the crew trying to reconquer Omashu?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information