+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece on G4: Is it possible?

Post One Piece on G4: Is it possible?

It was revealed recently at San Diego Comic Con that Marvel is going to be putting four new superhero anime series on G4 in 2011.

If these shows do good, G4 may think about putting more anime series on their channel. This could be the last chance for anime to make a big comeback on American television.

If One Piece isn't back on TV by this time, do you think it' s possible for it to air on G4?

I'm not saying what will be or what might happen, but I'm just saying:
    do you think it's possible?

Default Re: One Piece on G4: Is it possible?

I wouldn't even want it on G4 for it was possible, there is hardly any people who have the channel now(I do). There is also not much good programing. Not even considering G4 makes fun of anime all the time and say that people that watch it are geek's yet they are channel dedicated to video games.

Also, shouldn't you have just posted this in the FUNi tv thread?
    I made this terrible username almost 6 years ago!

g4 is more of a generic geek channel now, and marvel comic shows fit that.
    they stopped pandering to niche geeks like anime fans long ago. i doubt it'll happen, but it would be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    Also, it's a children's comic from Japan.

Why are you comparing it to cultural engravings and burritos.

There's a topic for this.

Just one question. What the hell is a G4?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    There's a topic for this.
    Yeah, I know. I just wanted this to focus more on the possibility of G4 actually airing One Piece, instead of other channels.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Yeah, I know. I just wanted this to focus more on the possibility of G4 actually airing One Piece, instead of other channels.
    I dunno I don't think it's warranted for its own thread.

G4 sucks. Hell no.

4th Dimensional Explorer cbajd5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    A channel that use to focus on Video games, then merged with a channel that foucused on technology (TechTV) and then somehow changed focus from either of those.

COPS

NINJA WARRIOR

ETC.

Also, no.

Seriously?

G4 is a telelvision channel that started off being entirely focused on 'gamers' (TV 4 Gamers, G4, get it?). It included shows such as Portal (comedic storyline using video games to tell stories), Judgement Day (two guys review video games), and Filter (a top 10 of different things in video games). The shows were very low budget, but mediocre. All in all, it had a lot of video game related shows.

Now, they've combined with Tech TV, to make a channel that barely resembles anything related toward video games. X-Play is the only thing related to video games, and it's an okay show that reviews games at times. Used to be a million times better because they were once funny.

Otherwise, they have shows now like Attack of the Show (nerdtastic talk show that bores me to tears), Ninja Warrior (seriously?), and reruns of Cops (ALWAYS ON). So the channel has gone a bit under.

I don't know what to think of this.
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    I dunno I don't think it's warranted for its own thread.
    Yeah. Maybe you're right.

Basically G4 is the MTV and CN of videogames.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    Seriously?
    Yeah. I've never heard of it before right now.
    *shrugs*

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

This is the dumbest dumb of a lot of dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

If you don't like Ninja Warrior, you hate Freedom, and possibly support the death of war orphans.

Marvel's a household name, they can actually profit off of that. Neither FUNimation nor One Piece are household names, therefore I doubt they care.
    "I always think that true geniuses are those who excrete their ideas and creations literally like shit, then flush them and never care." -- A fan on Toriyama Akira

Tech TV was very awesome (never had seen G4 before the merger, only heard rumors about it), had good shows, and had good line-ups on their anime block. When it merged with G4 they pretty much shut out the Tech TV shows one by one, now only keeping X-Play, which has morphed into something not as epic as it used to be.

I stopped watching about 2-3 years or so after the merger, it became a bunch of bullshit. I think they had a good idea, I enjoyed seeing more video game focused content on that channel, but slowly the video game content overtook the tech content, then they began to get rid of the good video game content as well (minus X-Play) and now its a bunch of tits, general geek/nerd shit, ninja warrior, cops, and cheaters (the latter 2 belong on late night local channel blocks on saturday night, not a major cable channel srsly). I enjoyed The Screen Savers but when it became Attack Of The Show... someone already stated it bores one to tears, and only gets worse as time passes.

As someone pointed out above, they've had a history of putting down anime (and they did get rid of the anime block).

It WOULD be nice if they got some anime on there again, but I think with the demographic they are shooting for, One Piece wouldn't really fit it. Something darker (or sexier) would be a more appropriate fit for that channel.

Most people have lost respect for that channel, so TL;DR: OP would not be a fit for their target demographic and its not a channel lots of people have access to.

. tumblr
    . mfc .
    . ask for FB or AIM/Skype .
    . psn squeesax . 3DS FC: 3797-6626-6957 .

Yeah! Give the guy a break!

Yeah. I've never heard of it before right now.
    *shrugs*
    Sorry, I didn't mean that offensively. I was just a bit surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeratanis View Post
    If you don't like Ninja Warrior, you hate Freedom, and possibly support the death of war orphans.
    I guess so. We're are the orphans? I've got my chainsaw ready.

(But in all seriousness, the original JP one was okay. When they stared looking for people in America, I lost interest.)
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

Coming up next on G4 is COPS! Followed By Cheaters!! G4 YOUR ONLY GAMING NETWORK!!!!

3DS FRIEND CODE: 0344-9293-6833

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information