Orpheus is back. I'm happy about that.

Default Re: Venture Brothers

Hey, it starts on my birthday!

...still Hatred and not Brock? Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Hey, it starts on my birthday!

...still Hatred and not Brock? Meh.
    As long as Rusty is still rich, I'm sure Brock will be around.

As someone who bingied it recently I'm really looking forwards to it.
    Go team Venture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    As long as Rusty is still rich, I'm sure Brock will be around.
    Its not about Brock "being around."

Its that for THREE SEASONS now they've left in the pedophile joke guy while completely sidelining the best character on the show.

Changing the status quo for a little while to mix it up is fine, but when the seasons take three years apiece now that's just... meh.

I mean I guess Hatred fits the "failure" motif of the series better but he's just... not funny or interesting.

He's also yet another character done by the two heads so there's just always conversations with themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Its not about Brock "being around."

Its that for THREE SEASONS now they've left in the pedophile joke guy while completely sidelining the best character on the show.

Changing the status quo for a little while to mix it up is fine, but when the seasons take three years apiece now that's just... meh.

I mean I guess Hatred fits the "failure" motif of the series better but he's just... not funny or interesting.

He's also yet another character done by the two heads so there's just always conversations with themselves.
    Brock never disappeared for more than an episode or two, though, and his character actually went places and did things. His return to bodyguard status in season 5 was great, but to me, it was much less interesting than his Sphinx and OSI stuff because his character was brought back to what he tended to be when an active member of the Venture family: A lover of women, occasional paternal figure for Hank, and general asskicker.

Also... Monarch is best character.

Brock is the bodyguard again tho isn't he?

In Season 6, Rusty getting rich meant he "Hit the big time again" and Brock got reassigned to him. Hatred quit when they tried to give him a desk job and ended up head of security for Venture Industries.

Personally, I like Hatred when they're doing literally anything else with him besides the pedophile jokes. Those make me groan, but I don't think they've been dipping into that well all too much. His interactions with Rusty in the Teddy Talks-a-Lot episode were hilarious I thought and I don't recall them ever making pedo jokes there.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

I really should binge the series again because after all these years it's easy to forget a lot of what's happened.

I am also glad to see Orpheus and the Order of the Triad again, I think they were absent last season?

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
    I am also glad to see Orpheus and the Order of the Triad again, I think they were absent last season?
    Yep. No appearance whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Brock is the bodyguard again tho isn't he?
    Yes, but Hatred is there in the promos. ANd he's awful, I don't want him back.

So, the first two episodes of the new season are around online. Dunno how they leaked, but... they're out there. Beware of spoilers.

No comment on content till the official airing.

I watched the episodes.

Spoiler:
    Even heavier continuity this time around; the first two episodes played like part of a bigger movie.

Each one has a sort of retcon to it that I didn't expect. I sorta don't like that the problem light has a bigger role now, since the original joke was something about stupid engineering design. I'll reserve judgement on what they're doing with Jonas's body until I see what they do with it, but I'm at once sorta meh on the retcon and excited to see what they do with it. Second one is Dr. Dugong being alive, which takes a bit of the bite out of the episode where he died, but I'll buy the explanation they gave about starfish. But he's such a weenis!

As for the eps themselves, really enjoyable. Looks like these two eps are sorta combo proper season 6 finale and season 7 intrigue. I guess Wide Whale's sorta out of the villain picture for now? The Monarch's moonlighting is out in the open, and we get a follow-up on Red Death knowing about the Monarch (looking like he has a bigger role this season, which I'm into!). I have no fucking clue what's going on with the Venture building and this other Blue Morpho thing. Maybe time shenanigans? Or maybe Red Death is pulling some strings to give the guild a Blue Morpho head that isn't the Monarch's? And are we going to learn more about Movie Night on Gargantua 1? Does that have something to do with this? Guess we're finding out piecemeal.

Also glad the Order of the Triad are back! If the Venture building intrigue keeps up, they'll probably be around for the season, too. As much as I love the continuing story, though, I really hope we get a standalone episode or two. Rewatching the series from the beginning reminded me of how great Doc and Publick's writing is in the tighter stories. I'm hoping the whole murder bear thing in the season trailer is some sign pointing to that, since I don't know how he'd fit into everything. Can't wait to see what we have coming, though.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

The first episode of Venture Bros Season 7 is now up on Adult Swim's website.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I watched the first episode of Season 7, all I can say I didn't expect that to happend.

Spoiler:
    Great episode to start the new season, I didn't expected the Jonas reveal to happened. Also it's great that the Order of the Triad are back. All I can say I can't wait what happens next on this show.

Spoilers from the leak
    Spoiler:
    Was that Vendata/Venturion/Monarch's father(?) at the end of ep2? The the PROBLEM activation made him regain his memories? I did not expect that Monarch's robot zombie father would save him from the Blue Morpho situation. And Man Red Death is a fantastic addition to the show.

The 2nd episode of Season 7 is now up on Adult Swim website. And it was a great episode.

Spoiler:
    Red Death continues to be one of my favorite new characters that have been introduce into the series. I didn't expect Wide Wale's origin was going to all the way back to Dr. Dugong from Season 3.

The third episode of Season 7 is now up on Adult Swim's website.

Spoiler:
    Great episode, we got more information about Jona and Blue Morpho's past in the episode. One thing I didn't expect the revealed that the Sovereign started the entire Pyramid war between OSI and SPHINX. Red Death's looks great during the flashback. The post credits scene at the end of the episode with the joke about the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade made me laugh very hard.

If Venture Bros. is not the greatest adult animation of all time I don't fucking know what a television is.
    Spoiler:
    Gezz, Jonas was a full blown psycho surrounded by a patsy of sociopaths. Has the man ever done something that was not self-centered? No kidding Dr. Killinger thought Rusty was a super villain.
    I guess the Monarch will get a seat in the council much to Hamilton's dismay. And I can't stress how great of an addition Read Death has been, the guy is incredible. Just like Mr. Fahrenheit.

Sooooooo many old questions and threads tied up and answered. But some new ones as a result.

Spoiler:
    So Rusty and Monarch are step brothers. I think I came to that conclusion way the hell back in maybe the second season? Neat to see it finally confirmed, even if they'll never know it.

Though Dr. Wife might be able to piece it together.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information