Closed Thread
Page 452 of 500 FirstFirst ... 352 402 442 450 451 452 453 454 462 ... LastLast
Results 9,021 to 9,040 of 10000

Thread: Felch Discussion Part 4

Default Re: Felch Discussion Part 4

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Kubo really didn't think her through; he propably just went "I need a cute comic relief supporting character for Hueco mondo! Members of the opposing organization becoming allies worked well in the Soul Society arc, so I'll just create an adorable little hollow kid, who was an officer in Aizens army! GENIUS!" and forgot the bit about hollows being ferocius undead things that kill people.
    You give Kubo too much credit. Nel originally was only a cute comic relief kid. And then when Nnoitra came along, Kubo went, "Oh! What if Nel was really a former Espada........somehow! People love awesome plot twists like that!" right on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    You give Kubo too much credit. Nel originally was only a cute comic relief kid. And then when Nnoitra came along, Kubo went, "Oh! What if Nel was really a former Espada........somehow! People love awesome plot twists like that!" right on the spot.
    you know kubo way too well my freind his like the master of unplanning.

What a great episode! I Love any filler anime with Kon. It beats any chapter of lately. I hope the filler last a long time.

HEROMAN... ATTACK!!

Oh god no.............

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Jones View Post
    Oh god no.............
    What ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...ch-1202265.jpg
    [/hide]
    I will never get tired of that.

Anyway, on the subject of Nell, theres a thing that everyone, myself and Kubo included, curiously keeps forgetting. And that is that she's a soul eating monster created by consuming unmeasureable amounts of other monsters, and was one of Aizens top officers. Fighting back against Nnoitra who was a dick to her is understandable, but we never get told why she became a "good guy". Kubo really didn't think her through; he propably just went "I need a cute comic relief supporting character for Hueco mondo! Members of the opposing organization becoming allies worked well in the Soul Society arc, so I'll just create an adorable little hollow kid, who was an officer in Aizens army! GENIUS!" and forgot the bit about hollows being ferocius undead things that kill people.
    I don't think it's so much of her becoming a good guy intentionally or by some change of heart. She was a loyal member of Aizen's army and a competent Espada as far as I can tell. Didn't she get skull damage and forget her memory though? That was the change.

She was never told her past by her two subordinates and basically just lived for years as some innocent slobbering child. Ichigo comes along and takes care of her. She likes Ichigo and becomes his friend and now she's on Ichigo's side. Ichigo is hurt and she regains her memory and remembers that she was betrayed and oh....look she's facing the guy that betrayed her and now hurt her new friend.

If she's a good guy it's because of circumstance. She's a betrayed Espada who lost all connection with her former alliance and is now helping out those who helped her.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    I re-read those chapters some time ago and I'm pretty sure there was some decent foreshadowing for Nel being more than just a brat.
    Even if it was made up on the spot, even Oda did this kind of (haki comes to my mind, in relation to chapter 1 and its late introduction - I heavily doubt Oda planned Haki right from chapter 1 onwards). It's completely ok as long as it does not create plotholes. Not everything Kubo does is an asspull. In most cases you notice those by being completely ridiculous and out-of-line, which the Nel issue was not in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    I don't think it's so much of her becoming a good guy intentionally or by some change of heart. She was a loyal member of Aizen's army and a competent Espada as far as I can tell. Didn't she get skull damage and forget her memory though? That was the change.

She was never told her past by her two subordinates and basically just lived for years as some innocent slobbering child. Ichigo comes along and takes care of her. She likes Ichigo and becomes his friend and now she's on Ichigo's side. Ichigo is hurt and she regains her memory and remembers that she was betrayed and oh....look she's facing the guy that betrayed her and now hurt her new friend.

If she's a good guy it's because of circumstance. She's a betrayed Espada who lost all connection with her former alliance and is now helping out those who helped her.
    Would have been nice if she did something of any worth later.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Would have been nice if she did something of any worth later.
    Yeah, it would be very nice but I have a feeling she'll be playing some important role in the future along with Grimmajow..jov...grim...however you spell that things name.
    Everything's Eventual...

Unless Kubo forgets she exists.

Remember Ganju or Kūkaku ?

Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by f-trash View Post
    I re-read those chapters some time ago and I'm pretty sure there was some decent foreshadowing for Nel being more than just a brat.
    Such as...........?
    Even if it was made up on the spot, even Oda did this kind of (haki comes to my mind, in relation to chapter 1 and its late introduction - I heavily doubt Oda planned Haki right from chapter 1 onwards). It's completely ok as long as it does not create plotholes. Not everything Kubo does is an asspull. In most cases you notice those by being completely ridiculous and out-of-line, which the Nel issue was not in my opinion.
    Actually, it does create plotholes, as it's been said already. Why is Nel a good guy now? Why does being robbed of your power turn you into a kid?

Not to mention it was stupid, unnecessary and was never brought up again.

Oh and the funny bit ?

They became friends even though they knew each other for like half an hour.

Also when did Ichigo learn about Nell's magic spit ?

Yeah, it would be very nice but I have a feeling she'll be playing some important role in the future along with Grimmajow..jov...grim...however you spell that things name.
    that's if you assuming the dude is still alive, because according to this like Grimma is a GONNA.

http://forums.mangafox.com/threads/2...th-of-Grimmjow

when did Ichigo learn about Nell's magic spit ?
    when she demonstrated it by puking on ichigo's first opponent.
    Last edited by MDL; March 22nd, 2011 at 04:27 PM. Reason: manly tears for grimmjow. dude did not deserve such a shitty death.

Before Dordonii ?

Unless Kubo forgets she exists.

Remember Ganju or Kūkaku ?

Yeah.
    Nope, remember Nel?

Of course you do because Nel is easier to remember. :P

Quote Originally Posted by king haki View Post
    that's if you assuming the dude is still alive, because according to this like Grimma is a GONNA.

http://forums.mangafox.com/threads/2...th-of-Grimmjow
    For some reason the site won't load for me but I assume there's still nothing confirmed.
    Everything's Eventual...

Kukaku had a prety big rack.

Even though bleach fillers aren't mind blowing, i thought kon was funny enough to me the ep an okayish one.

it seems like is true after all the animators can think of better story than kubo himself.

Nope, remember Nel?

Of course you do because Nel is easier to remember. :P

For some reason the site won't load for me but I assume there's still nothing confirmed.
    try this link
    http://bleachasylum.com/threads/767-...bo-Tite/page90

go to the username (TheLostEspada) and click on that link, and see if it works.

The link still won't work for me but I can see TheLostEspada mentioning the questionable validity of the report regarding Grimmjow being dead.

Either way it's no big deal to me. Dead or alive I was never a big Grimmjow fan, and I never not liked him either.
    Everything's Eventual...

Closed Thread

Thread Information