Thread: general football "soccer" thread

Default Re: general football "soccer" thread

Atletico Madrid v Leicester
    Borussia Dortmund v AS Monaco
    Bayern Munich v Real Madrid
    Juventus v Barcelona
    Predict away, folks.

It's pretty damn hilarious that Leicester are the last remaining English club in the competition. In their DEBUT RUN too.
    Really puts Arsenal & City to shame for bottling it like always.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

I am going with:

Atletico Madrid v Leicester
    Borussia Dortmund v AS Monaco
    Bayern Munich v Real Madrid
    Juventus v Barcelona

I think the Leicester game is a no brainer. Atletico is too good: 70:30
    As for Dortmund I think they´ll advance IF they´ve got their injured players back...60:40
    As for the Munich game: I think its good that they play at home first...probably the most interesting game: I´ll say 50:50 with a slight advantage for Munich...
    I feel that Barca will have a hard time against Juve especially when they play in Turin first: 60:40;

Edit: so i got two out of four^^
    Last edited by Freddy´s Phoenix; April 19th, 2017 at 11:41 PM.

Don't think I've seen a worse team at converting chances than us. Seriously it's ridiculous cost us loads of points this season and nearly cost us last night as well. Jose should spend the summer teaching them how to finish.
    Last edited by Underworld1991; April 21st, 2017 at 04:44 AM.

The finishing quality was inconsistent as always, but Man United DID score the killer goal at an earlier point. It's just that the linesman left his glasses at home and ruled it out.
    Glad that Rashford was the one to score the last goal, since he was the one who got robbed by the incorrect offside decision.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

That was one hell of a Classico wasn't it? Chances en masse on both ends and despite numerous of those being snuffed (in part due to the heroics of the goalkeepers) we got to see five thrilling goals.

And to make the whole thing even more epic- the second goal scored by Messi was his 500th(!!!) in a Barcelona shirt. #legend

Man were dreadful at home so glad the final isn't being played at Old Trafford!

A little update on the various events that took place in recent days:

- Arsenal beat Chelsea to the FA Cup (2-1), Arsene lifts it for the seventh time as a manager, setting a new record in the process
    - Barca win the CdR 3-1, courtesy of a wonderful Messi goal and a surreal run to assists the third
    - Real Madrid win the Spanish league for the first time since 2012
    - Dortmund lift the German cup for the first time since 2012
    - Juve will meet Real in the CL final next Saturday and history will be written with either outcome-- Juve win and secure the treble or Real win and manage to be the first team to win back-to-back CL trophies

Also, the raid of Monaco's wonderful team has begun, with Bernardo Silva leaving for ManCity for a reported 43M pounds.

Gianluigi Buffon really deserves a Champions League on his resume. I'm expecting a great game between two of the best teams in the world.

First time a team will defend their title. Real Madrid woop woop.

I would've loved to see Gigi lift the cup and after watching Juve play in the first half, my hopes were quite high. Ultimately though they came out of the cabin a changed team and Real once more displayed their fighting spirit.

I don't know what happened to Juve in the second half, but they had NO attempts in the second half until it was past 80 minutes.
    And despite their defensive record, they shipped 3 more goals.

Real Madrid really took control of the game and took it away from Juve, it was kind of awe-inspiring to see.
    A team at the peak of their powers assuredly dismantling a worthy foe. Very good final tbh

As I feared, Monaco's team is being picked apart. Silva and Mendy went to City, Bakayako to Chelsea and Lemar might just leave for Arsenal. I do hope, however, that they'll manage to keep hold of Mbappe for one more season as a.) I want to see if he's a one-season-wonder and b.) Monaco's crazy firing power shall hopefully continue.

In the PL in general, money is being splashed- surprise, surprise- with MU buying Lukaku for a sum north of 70 mil pounds, Arsenal finally signing Lacazette from Lyon and Chelsea getting Morata. ManCity meanwhile are busy buying all kinds of defenders. Spurs haven't signed anyone yet if you're wondering.

No big names were signed in Spain yet with Real and Barca getting some new defenders here and there. ATM had their transfer ban upheld but still signed Vitolo (exciting winger from Sevilla) although he isn't arriving before Jan 2018.

Oh yeah, not to forget Bayern Munich who signed James Rodriguez on loan from Real. Should be an exiting acquisition.

God, I miss club football.

I am beyond shocked that Sanchez hasn't left Arsenal yet, I would love for him to stay but he is such a quality playertbat he deserves Champions league football. Very excited for the PL coming back in 2 weeks

Neymar has joined PSG for a reported 222 million euros.

Football, bloody hell...

UEFA CL draw 2017-18

Group A
    : Benfica, Manchester United, Basel, CSKA Moscow
    Group B: Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, Anderlecht, Celtic
    Group C: Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Roma, Qarabag
    Group D: Juventus, Barcelona, Olympiacos, Sporting CP
    Group E: Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Liverpool, Maribor
    Group F: Shakhtar Donetsk, Manchester City, Napoli, Feyenoord
    Group G: Monaco, Porto, Besiktas, RB Leipzig
    Group H: Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Tottenham, APOEL

Predictions are quite welcome. As for me...
    A: United, Benfica
    B: Bayern, PSG
    C: ATM, Chelsea
    D: Juve, Barca
    E: Sevilla, Liverpool
    F: Citeh, Napoli
    G: Monaco, Leipzig
    H: Real, BVB

A group of Bayern and PSG? how I miss you Champions league. - Dejected Arsenal fan

Jeez, this always happens to Celtic lol
    They can't catch a break when it comes to avoiding the big hitters.

All right enough is enough for me full on Wenger Out now, selling Oxlaide-Chamberlain to Chelsea, once again selling one of my favourite players to a rival club. We need change at Arsenal. There are so many good players at the club who have deserved better.

Hi there! I'm new to this thread, but what is the name of Poland's team? And how good are they when it comes to this sport?

I'm asking, as I don't really watch sports. Also, I was born in the United States, but my parents were born in Poland, so I see myself as Polish. So, curious on how my country is doing sports wise XD

Avatar: Series: Persona 4; Character: Rise Kujikawa; Artist: Atlus

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information