+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130
Results 2,581 to 2,596 of 2596

Thread: general football "soccer" thread

Default Re: general football "soccer" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ekila View Post
    Hi there! I'm new to this thread, but what is the name of Poland's team? And how good are they when it comes to this sport?

I'm asking, as I don't really watch sports. Also, I was born in the United States, but my parents were born in Poland, so I see myself as Polish. So, curious on how my country is doing sports wise XD
    You mean the Poland national football team? They don't really have a name, just a few nicknames like "The whites and reds" or "The Eagles".

They're actually doing quite well as the current generation of Polish footballers, spearheaded by striker Robert Lewandowski, is pretty good. The team's in the middle of qualifying for next year's World Cup and looking at the current standings I'd say it's almost guaranteed that they'll be part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    All right enough is enough for me full on Wenger Out now, selling Oxlaide-Chamberlain to Chelsea, once again selling one of my favourite players to a rival club. We need change at Arsenal. There are so many good players at the club who have deserved better.
    You'd think Arsenal fans would learn at some point but Wenger always finds a new way to screw you guys.

His having penned a contract extension and a tactical change to a 3-5-2 might have been reason for temporary hope but that 0-4 thrashing was a reminder of who we're talking about here. Playing Bellerin at LB and Welbeck as a striker while Kolasinac and Lacazette are chilling on the bank LOL

Meow! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    You mean the Poland national football team? They don't really have a name, just a few nicknames like "The whites and reds" or "The Eagles".
    Yeah. And the names goes well with them! ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    They're actually doing quite well as the current generation of Polish footballers, spearheaded by striker Robert Lewandowski, is pretty good. The team's in the middle of qualifying for next year's World Cup and looking at the current standings I'd say it's almost guaranteed that they'll be part of it.

http://i.imgur.com/A7dLqhz.png
    Ah, that's good to hear! I think I should pay more attention to this thread in the future! Anyways, thanks for the information! :3

I can understand Chile, USA and even the Netherlands.

But Italy?

Awesome draw if you ask me. PSG vs. Real will be great!

Some good draws in this, it's nice being neutral in this for once. Juve/Spurs, Barc/Chelsea and PSG/Real will be very interesting.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Let's play to guess who survives the group phase of the World Cup

One thing's for sure...
    Even if England get humiliated again like in the Iceland match at the Euros,
    I'll at least take solace in the fact that the USA, Netherlands, Italy etc didn't even make it in.

Shocking qualifying results this time around.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

@Champions League
    It's not fair to judge Real Madrid by their league form as they seem to be a completely different beast in "their" competition. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they managed to routinely win against PSG.
    Yet at the same time it's the ultimate test for a PSG side that spent more on its players this year than some small countries did. Manage to kick the holders out of the tournament and those voices talking about contenders will only get louder.

It will also be interesting to see if Conte has learned from his past European adventures/failures.

@PL, Ligue 1 and Bundesliga
    - ManCity is breaking records left and right, playing possibly the best attacking football in Europe (along with PSG)
    - PSG basically bought the title this season and it's showing. At the same time I have to praise the development of Mbappe and the ridiculous statistics surrounding Cavani's goalscoring
    - BVB seemed to be real contenders at the beginning of the season yet have managed to crash spectacularly since then, gifting Bayern another title

@Serie A and Primeria Liga
    Funny how the real competition for the title is only happening in Italy and Portugal with Napoli and Porto trying to upset Juventus and Benfica's title monopoly respectively. I sure hope they succeed in their endeavors

All in all, it's been a great footballing season so far.

PS: forgot LaLiga where Barca is quietly dominating. Ernesto Valverde has brought about a change in the team's philosophy (ie. cede possession at times and play more pragmatic/efficient) which is showing.

Predict away.
    Barca v Roma
    Sevilla v Bayern
    Juve v Real Madrid
    Liverpool v ManCity

Damn. Wish we didn't draw City.

Barcelona vs Roma
    Sevilla vs Bayern Munich
    Juventus vs Real Madrid
    Liverpool vs Manchester City

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post

Barcelona vs Roma
    Sevilla vs Bayern Munich
    Juventus vs Real Madrid
    You guys shouldn't be worrying as long as Mo Salah's firing. The man destroyed Watford earlier today.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post

Barcelona vs Roma
    Sevilla vs Bayern Munich
    Juventus vs Real Madrid
    If you count the fact that the draw smells rigged all over the place, as in the last 8 years or so, we knew beforehand that Bayern, Barça and Madrid would not face each other, so it was likely you'd end up with either Juventus, City or one of the big 3. I'd prefer City, who you already beat this season, to any of those 4, honestly.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

Honestly, I didn't expect us to win. Expected a draw. Hope Salah is okay and available for the second leg.
    Last edited by Leon; April 4th, 2018 at 02:33 PM.

Be assured, Salah is still rocking ^^
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Liverpool are deadly, if any team in England was capable of beating european giants it's them

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Somehow, Liverpool's ties with $ity and Roma made feel a bit better about the 5-0 they beat my dear Porto with... These guys are way too deadly. Their defense still sucks though. And it's like they don't know how to play in possession without accelerating into a full attack. They could have held on to the 5-0 today if they had more patience.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information