+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: general football "soccer" thread

Default Re: general football "soccer" thread

Quote Originally Posted by IrishLuigi View Post
    OK, I have a gripe with you football supporters who support Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea. You support them just because they're famous, they're the "big four".

Gone are the days when people would support their local teams.

Everytime I tell somebody that they support one of the big 4 just because they're famous, they tell me that they supported them before they became famous. Bullshit. They've been the "big four" since the fifties.

Oh, I wish football would be more competitive and less monopolised by the big four.

OK, rant over, you can go back to discussing match results/predictions now.
    Meh I'm from between Manchester and Wigan. I support Man Utd because my whole family does. There is of course a glory-supporting side of it, but as a six-year old choosing which football team to support, you're gonna pick a team that is winning games tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by bartholemew kuma View Post
    west london, i lived for 9 years.
    not sure abt what hospital i was born in though, i had season ticket to chelsea so im not just a glory hunter.
    That put you about 20mins away from me before I moved.

Hows the rat race? I kind of miss the chaos of rush hour, as odd as that may sound.

il tell you
    moving to scotland after that was te best thing too happen to me...
    loved living there,,
    london is too noisy for me and ma parents were too tired working there.
    hopefully il live in dubai when i graduate

also,, i lived in fulham in london
    WHAT!!!
    GO AWAY!!

Default El Clasico (Barcelona 5 - Real Madrid 0)

I waited for the topic to pop up before the game, I came to check if something is written after it, it is as if no one from the manga/anime community watches football

Other than that. Amazing match, amazing play I just and
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

Default Re: El Clasico (Barcelona 5 - Real Madrid 0)

I was also searching for a thread about it. Guess not much people here likes football, although more than 400 million people around the world watched the match.

For me, what can I say? It was such a BEAUTIFUL night. Madrid deserved so much this. Such cockyness deserved an answer, and WHAT AN ANSWER.

I'm happy as hell. F*ck you Mourinho, F*ck you Cristiano and FUCK YOU Sergio Ramos.

It was sure a debacle for Real, but i think that will be a good push for a possible semifinal\final in the champions league.
    After such a defeat they will then sure give more to pay it back to Barca, which could sure help to achieve the rly importnat victory for the crown of Europa.
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Yeah Barca were amazing.
    I think it was 7 of the starting team came from thier academy, compare that to the millions madrid spent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    which could sure help to achieve the rly importnat victory for the crown of Europa.
    I would agree if it was any other club. But madrid are special....the fans and the board will demand both the league and europe.

air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar

it could've been worse for madrid. the team appeared as just a punch of names walking in the field with no
    purpose.

I mean seriously you're already losing, do you need to make fouls on every other play.

and don't let me start talking about the referee, man that guy just pissed me off.

anyway, no surprise here. Barcelona's win was already decided

Hey guys!

I'm sorry for the OT but I have a question for you (this is a stupid question but I'm so curious ).

In my country (Italy) there is a game called "Fantacalcio" (in english could be traduced in "fantasy-soccer", more or less ).
    In this game you have a team and you are the coach of this. The players of your team are the real football players who play in real national championship. You buy them after an auction with your friends (with the normal rules of the auction...so, who offers more than everybody, he buys the player...for example, in my team I have bought Ibrahimovic, Cassano and many others).

Every monday the "gazzetta dello sport" (national journal ) gives a vote to performance of each player (after the sunday match). In other words, the critics says "he played good" or "he played bad" in the last match.
    The team with the best performance (of the year), wins.

so, my question is this...in your country, is there a game like this?

again, I know this is a stupid question but I'm so curious...trust me this game is sooo funny

My apologies for my English.

Yeah we have the same game here in Germany. It's called "Comunio" and is played online.

Hah, I was a little disappointed yesterday, I was supporting Mourinho's cause, eventhough I don't like Real Madrid. To be honest I used to hate RM, but not as much as I hate Barca. I really hate them with a passion. I dislike Messi and CRonaldo equally. I don't follow the Spanish league much, but I do have a favorite team, Valencia. In Italy I like Lazio, I always have.
    And my favorite team is in the Barclays Premier League: Chelsea, I've liked them before Abramovich took over. I'm not from England btw. It all started back then when I was still kinda of young (around 13) and was playing FIFA, I loved playing with the "blue team", and that's how I became a fan. 12 years later I'm still a fan.

Madrid - Barca was like playing the computer on *V. Easy* in FIFA 11. Cut through Madrid's defenses like butter, tons of possession, and Messi...well, he was Messi.

Fantastic game from one side who completely imposed their will on another fantastic team.
    You come at the king, you best not miss.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmirko View Post
    so, my question is this...in your country, is there a game like this?

again, I know this is a stupid question but I'm so curious...trust me this game is sooo funny
    Well not actually in my country but I can play the fantasy football for the premier league since england is right beside us.
    I have a team picked but it's pretty bad. I am rarely good at picking players >XD

Edit: Yeah that was the funny part about the el classico derby. It was a fantastic game despite it being so one-sided. I told a friend it was a great game and he rightly wondered how the hell a 5-0 demolition can be a great game! Barca were just awesome to watch :D

Aioria, what makes you hate Barça MORE than Madrid? Madrid, right now, is like the epytome of hate. Mourinho is already hated by 5-6 other coaches, and he has barely started. He has spitted shit to many people in such a short ammount of time. The there's Cristina Ronalda, just before Barça-Madrid he got all cocky and said they would win the match; Barça just won Almeria by 0-8, and Cristina said "0-8, so what? let's see Barça defeat us by 8-0 on monday if they can". It wasn't 8-0 because the last 20 minutes the Barça players were going at like 50%, just fooling around. A 10-0 was COMPLETELY possible.

But then there's the Madrid press. . .these guys are the biggest assholes in sports journalism history. Of all times. After the massive rape they recieved, they were STILL acting all high and migty, saying that it was the referee's fault, that Barça players don't know how to win and were disrespectful towards RM players (no FUCKING shit. . .), and that they would get their revenge. These fuckers are crazy and have the biggest mouth in the fucking business.

So, all in all, right now more and more people are hating Madrid. EVEN SOME MADRID SUPPORTERS hate Florentino, Mourinho and CR7 right now.

i still cant seem to comprehend how xavi scored that amazing goal
    that was amazing......... even cassilas didnt see that coming
    WHAT!!!
    GO AWAY!!

Barca is the epitome of football right now, they rightfully won 5-0 and despite how good Real are, you can't just buy players and expect results. The truth is, RM was so worried with Messi, constantly committing fouls (uncalled) against him, and they forgot about Xavi and Villa.

Barca is just unbeatable under fair circumstances, they play with 11 defenders, 10 fowards and 10 midfielders, they're the only team I've seen where the goalie gets regular passes in order to set up the next attack.

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Aioria, what makes you hate Barça MORE than Madrid? Madrid, right now, is like the epytome of hate. Mourinho is already hated by 5-6 other coaches, and he has barely started. He has spitted shit to many people in such a short ammount of time. The there's Cristina Ronalda, just before Barça-Madrid he got all cocky and said they would win the match; Barça just won Almeria by 0-8, and Cristina said "0-8, so what? let's see Barça defeat us by 8-0 on monday if they can". It wasn't 8-0 because the last 20 minutes the Barça players were going at like 50%, just fooling around. A 10-0 was COMPLETELY possible.

But then there's the Madrid press. . .these guys are the biggest assholes in sports journalism history. Of all times. After the massive rape they recieved, they were STILL acting all high and migty, saying that it was the referee's fault, that Barça players don't know how to win and were disrespectful towards RM players (no FUCKING shit. . .), and that they would get their revenge. These fuckers are crazy and have the biggest mouth in the fucking business.

So, all in all, right now more and more people are hating Madrid. EVEN SOME MADRID SUPPORTERS hate Florentino, Mourinho and CR7 right now.
    I agree with you...real madrid players are so arrogants (Cristina Ronalda LOL )...I saw Mourinho, when he coached Inter. I have to say he is a good coach. He takes very seriously his job, quality that lacks to a lot of coachs (maybe, only in Italy ).

Quote Originally Posted by Maki707 View Post
    Well not actually in my country but I can play the fantasy football for the premier league since england is right beside us.
    I have a team picked but it's pretty bad. I am rarely good at picking players >XD
    I understand...usually I pick a good players but, this year, I am so unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocula View Post
    Yeah we have the same game here in Germany. It's called "Comunio" and is played online.
    online only? We can play in many ways

My apologies for my English.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocula View Post
    Yes, iam also playing it for wintersports and CL.
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post

Thruthfully? My theory on it is simple

While some people love the best, team in any sport, most of them hate them with a passion.

The answer is really an easy one. They have etiher

1) won over your team in some event in the past

2) you envy them

Of course those who hate them will deny it and clam some other reason, which may be true for some but I recon mostly false.

I am proud to be a Barca fan, I enjoy their football and love Messi so for me it is really simple.
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

Oohh a football thread. I finally found it .

Sadly I missed El Clasico but I can't believe that Barca won with 5-0. They only got one dimension to their strategy (as seen in CL last year against Internazionale). Didn't Mourinho adapt the winning strategy from his former club?
    "All generalizations are false, including this one".

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information