+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

Default Re: Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Shmeckie View Post
    Tifa's the most likely newcomer from 7. She'll add some much needed va-jay-jay to the sausage fest, and her fisticuffs lend themselves well to Dissidia's playstyle. She'll likely be a close-range brawler type. Like Jecht, but less powerful and easier to use.
    As well as I think Tifa would work, I've got a feeling that Yuffie is gonna be the pick for this one. I remember a while ago, there was an interview with one of VII's developers and he made a comment about how Yuffie was popular both overseas and in Japan for some reason.

This is under the assumption that VII is only getting one extra character to represent of course.

If they wanted to excuse it, they could throw in like 3 characters from VII and point to Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerebus. Hell, Advent Children even.

(And X and X-2 could excuse 2 new characters there, if they wanted.)

I'd rather variety from all over the board.

And a Berserker. No idea how that would work playstyle wise, but it could be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    It was a silly theory. Read: No retort necessary.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://actiontimebuddies.com/

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

I don't really see any nameless, individual job characters getting their own characters in a game like this, mostly for the variety issue that you mentioned.

Now it would be kind of cool to see if they expand the range of jobs that the Onion Knight takes on, outside of Ninja and Sage. This would actually give Bartz or any other potential V hero a lot to work with.

I'm this one isn't too much of a suasase fest in a sausage written storyline. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to it.

FFV, FFXII, FXIII have been the only games with an equal or more amount of female playable characters in the game. Females in FF are few, and half of them are weak and wouldn't really work well.

That's why Faris, Celes, and Tifa are great choices. Gunner Yuna is okay (again, no Seymour, put Leblanc instead). White Mage would be interesting if she played a little bit like WoL and used a sledgehammer. Ashe is possible, but the men are far more popular. And then there's Fang, which really.....her getting in before Snow is insane. I can only hope (if Sazh or Vanille get in, I'm okay too).
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

Who's Leblanc? I'm more thinking Yunalesca.

"Leblanc, remember that name well, loves!"

I realize she's not exactly a villain, but she's a million times better than any other villain FFX had to offer (Jecht wasn't really a villain either). I mean, just imagine her in combat in this game. Hearts everywhere. Her devilish laughter. Possibly the gayest attacks ever that actually do damage.

She'd be like the Street Fighter 'Dan' equivalent for Dissidia.

She'd get along well with Kuja.
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    It was a silly theory. Read: No retort necessary.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://actiontimebuddies.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    She'd get along well with Kuja.
    It's a match made in heaven.

I didn't get the first Dissidia under the assumption they'd make more crossover FF fighters if it did well. Looks like my prediction was right. I'll probably try this one depending on how the roster turns out.

Balthier had BETTER be the XII representative. If they include Vaan it will just be yet ANOTHER blonde teenager, they need variety! Hell, didn't Balthier always say he was the leading man!!?

And if they use Balthier, they have to use Cid for the XII villain. The last game lacked a Cid, and it can't be a Final Fantasy game without a Cid!

I hate to say this but if Vaan has the FFT A2 look I will be ok with him in this I just don't want his XII look.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Balthier had BETTER be the XII representative. If they include Vaan it will just be yet ANOTHER blonde teenager, they need variety! Hell, didn't Balthier always say he was the leading man!!?

And if they use Balthier, they have to use Cid for the XII villain. The last game lacked a Cid, and it can't be a Final Fantasy game without a Cid!
    I agree. Cid would be a great representative for FFXIII for Chaos. He actually felt like a villain, and had a great personality. Vayne just felt like a douchebag politician who randomly got the power of the Gods.

That's also kind of why I think both Balthier and Basch should be in Dissidia. Balthier and Basch vs Cid and Gabranth. However, maybe that's too much attention to FFXII.

At the same time, Dissidia does have a Cid. Cid of the Lufaine, the narrator of the game. He speaks with Cosmos in a secret ending of the game.

In other news that will make Kitsune shit himself:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/top10/2121.html
    As much as I agree with the list, top 10's are generally interesting when you actually give REASONS for each list item. And Vayne being #5, above ExDeath and right behind Emperor Mateus, is quite annoying.
    Last edited by Insider2000; September 8th, 2010 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TakinawaTonfa View Post
    As well as I think Tifa would work, I've got a feeling that Yuffie is gonna be the pick for this one. I remember a while ago, there was an interview with one of VII's developers and he made a comment about how Yuffie was popular both overseas and in Japan for some reason.

This is under the assumption that VII is only getting one extra character to represent of course.
    They're picking these characters based on personal relationships, though. That's why Jecht was X's representative villain instead of Seymour. So Tifa's the most likely cantidate.

Frankly, they're probably going to only add one character per game that already has representatives. They'll likely keep the Cosmos/Chaos rosters even, but it's likely that we'll only get one newbie from each game. With that in mind, and their already stated policy of picking based on personal shit, some of the choices become obvious.

As much as I want Edgar, 6's newbie is going to be Locke. Calling it now. Xande from 3 is guaranteed, since they were going to put him in the first game before deciding to use CoD instead. Gilgamesh does make the most sense for 5 (and he's already got an obvious EX Mode), and Tifa's relationship with Cloud and potential for brawlery make her 7's obvious cantidate. Seifer from 8 is guaranteed, calling that one too. I'm betting Garnet/Dagger will be 9's newcomer, and either Seymour or Auron are going to represent 10 (Auron has a connection to both Tidus and Jecht, while Seymour was the game's traditional villain).

For 1 I have no idea. 2 will likely be a rebel. Shantotto will probably be rocking her Face Heel Turn in Dissidia Duodenum, so a new hero will represent 11 with Shantotto on the Chaos side. As much as it sucks to say it, Vaan will be 12's addition to the good guys. Calling that one, too.

EDIT: That list was done by some random douche, why is it worth noting?
    Last edited by Captain Shmeckie; September 8th, 2010 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

2 should definately be Maria. Maria is Firion's fiancee, and she is with you from the first second of the game til' the end. She's an archer who excells in black magic (Firion was much better with white magic, but you could make any character cast anything).

Her brother, Leon, is kidnapped and put under Emperor Mateus's mind control. They eventually free Leon from the mind control, making Leon the permenant fourth member. He was also the worst playable character of the main four, and one of the worst characters to take the fourth character slot (you often got guest characters to take over the fourth slot).

Maria would be a great inclusion since she is one of the best characters, but Leon is also a 'Kain' type, though he is generally hated (by myself included).

FF1, I still think it should be a variation of the White Mage, but we'll see. Astos could be a good addition to the Chaos side for FF1.

EDIT: It's worth noting because he made Kuja #1. Kitsune will shit himself.
    EDIT2: I need to stay away from the GameFAQs board. People are requesting Zack......ZACK!
    Last edited by Insider2000; September 8th, 2010 at 06:34 PM.

Kuja and Kefka being that high on the list that random guy made makes me happy. Sephiroth being between them... meh...

Quote Originally Posted by loledinmypants View Post
    Kuja and Kefka being that high on the list that random guy made makes me happy. Sephiroth being between them... meh...
    Sephiroth IS a good villain though. Sure, I like Kefka, Kuja, Emperor Mateus, and ExDeath more, but I had reason to fear Sephiroth. He was cruel, heartless, and actually gave me a reason to somewhat admire his villainy. He's clood blooded incarnate. He just doesn't have any personality.

Now compare our favorites and Sephiroth to jokes like Ultimecia and Seymour....

I don't consider Golbez a villain, really. I adore him though. Great character.

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

OH? *see my avatar*

Awesome news that we're getting a sequel to Dissidia. Kain? Fuck yeah! I can't wait to see his divebombs in action. Lightning? No opinion as I haven't played XIII.

If this means secondary characters, I wonder who else we're gonna get? For VI, I really really hope it's either one of the Figaro brothers. Edgar for his tool melees equals:

1. Turn your opponent into Pinhead with the auto-crossbow
    2. Make them suck gas with the bioblaster
    3. Confuse the bejeezus out of them with the noiseblaster
    4. Take their picture
    5. Drill a hole through them
    6. Debilitate them
    7. Dissidia chainsaw massacre
    8. Dust them with the air anchor

Sabin/Mash's blitzkriegs equals:

1. Pummel their faces in
    2. Blast them with the aura cannon
    3. Suplex their asses into the pavement
    4. Burn them with the rising phoenix fire dance
    5. Mock them by self healing with chakra
    6. Slice them up with razor gale
    7. Mock them again with Soul Spiral
    8. Finish them with the phantom rush

I also see how people here don't want Leon to be in the game. Well, Leon can work as part of the Chaos side due to the fact that in II, he was on the villain's side for the majority of the game while Maria can be on the Cosmos side as she is Firion's fiancee and Leon's sister. And for the record, I didn't think Leon was that bad to use in II. You just couldn't use the cancel trick on him.

I also would love to see who would be put in for I. I'm thinking Red Mage for Cosmos considering he can use both the black and white magical arts while Astos could be for Chaos considering he was the only other big villain in the game. Besides, if he does get added, I hope he has his royal robes.
    Last edited by Kaba Kaba Fruit; September 9th, 2010 at 09:15 AM.

I never said Sephiroth was bad, just that I don't think he deserves number 2 more than... well those you mentioned.

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

Come to think of it, I wonder who could be for Chaos for VI this time around? I mean, Kefka was the villain of VI. Siegfried perhaps?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information