+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Phantasy Star Online 2

Meow! :)

Default Phantasy Star Online 2

Tokyo Game Show is going to kick off on September 16th. Although it's still one week ahead, the rumor has come out. The discussion in SEGA's forum hints a new Phantasy Star MMO is under development and it will be brought to TGS 2010. According to the source, a PSO2.jp domain was registered, so will it be a sequel of PSO, or PSU, or something else? Stay tuned for TGS!
    Source:
    http://news.mmosite.com/content/2010...tgs_2010.shtml

Found about this news on another forum that I go to. Anyways, this is great news! I hope the rumor is true and there will be a new Phantasy Star MMO coming out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to get the English Patch: http://arks-layer.com/
    PSO2 Wiki: https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Main_Page
    Last edited by Ekila; October 29th, 2017 at 09:59 AM.

Default Re: Rumor: New Phantasy Star MMO

I hope it's more fun that Phantasy Star Zero on the DS, which I really enjoyed. Hopefully it'll be free-to-play and on the PS3. I'll take PC as well.

Definitely won't be a sequel to PSU, that's for sure. That's Portable's job. And thank god, cause PSU suuuuucked. Seems like they're definitely gonna make a sequel to PSO. Zero was definitely the closest we got to a new PSO, and with Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity coming out in Japan, it's obvious they want to go back to the Online series and do it justice.

Also, the main man responsible for the recent games has stated in Dengeki PlayStation magazine that Infinity wouldn't be the only 10th anniversary project of PSO. And with his interview during Zero's release that they want to do a console release, it's definitely hinting that we'll see PSO2.

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

Really hope it's PSO2, hated PSU (although I like the PSP versions), loved PSO back on the Dreamcast and Gamecube. Didn't play it online much on the GC version because of the unstable servers.

Dreamcast, while giving me a ton of memories, was worse to put up with than on GameCube. GameCube only had to worry about the occasional FSOD in the lobbies, massive amount of duping of items and a slight chance of data corruption.

Dreamcast had to deal with...

-Player killing
    -VMU killing
    -FSOD
    -BSOD
    -RSOD (system would reset, going back to the Dreamcast logo start up)
    -Items being stolen after being PKed
    -Being turned into Nol, a level 5 NPC
    -Hacked items, including ones with full blown benefits and ones that continuously kill you if you attempt unequipping them (God/HP++ or --)

It was awful to deal with when you ran into people that did this stuff.

Thankfully, Blue Burst never had those issues and the private server hosts are generally on top of misbehavior. I played the demo for Portable 2 and liked it. But I'm kinda disappointed that the time Sega finally decides to bring Portable 2 here happens to also be the time Japan is getting a better, updated version. :( Loved Zero, but I honestly wished it had more to it. It was severely lacking in a few things, but this was mainly due to the limitations of the DS.

Oh shi-
    So I’m watching Sega’s TGS live stream which currently is just playing trailers for their upcoming games while no press conference is going on. I was just happily playing it in the background as I catch up on some work while minding my own business.
    Suddenly I head something that fills me with nostalgia and fond memories. Pioneer 2, Spread Needles, Rappys and beautiful Caves 3 come flooding back; It’s the main (vocal) theme of the original Phantasy Star Online! What the?
    I quickly Alt-Tab to the stream and what do I see? Phantasy Star Online, the original, what is this? Then it shows PSOv2 and proceeds to go though each game in order of release right up to the very newest announced game, Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity. I’m excited about the game so I continued watching but that wasn’t all. Right at the end… My mind was blown.

Phantasy Star Online 2
    Release: 2011
    Known system: PC
    Source: http://www.segabits.com/?p=4309
    Trailer: http://www.segabits.com/?p=4330

Found this news on another forum I go to. Anyways, this is awesome news! I'm so glad that it was not a rumor. Can't wait for more info about it! ^^

Default Re: New Phantasy Star MMO

NICE!

Hopefully I can get gamepad controls that are intuitive, and that it won't cost too much. Hoping it'll be free-to-play with a cash shop, or at most, cost $10/mo like PSO.

Also, hope they keep the strafing option like PSU and the dodge command like in PSZ.

I'm sure it's gonna stick close to the monthly fees of PSO/PSU. Still think the best fee for PSO ever was Ver. 2; $15 every 3 months. That was $5 a month!

Anywho, here's some more info discovered in the trailer:

From Shougai PSO, here's a list of all of the text scrolling across the background in the trailer. First, phrases that relate to the game's new components:
    * "Action" and "RPG" re-connected
    * Increased variety of client orders
    * Map functions changing in real time
    * User-created story
    * New interface for environmental interactions
    * Global support
    * Thorough racial balances
    * Full-user participation events
    * Seasonal changes
    * New chat system
    * New mail functions
    * Drastic item synthesis overhaul
    * Even wider variety of ways to raise your character
    * New direction of event scenes
    * Approach from NPCs (New approach maybe?)
    * Silhouette changes by add-ons (Not too sure what they mean here.)
    * New photon arts (This was partially obscured in the video, so may not be 100% accurate.)
    * Community support content (Again, slightly obscured in the video.)
    * Additional customizations when you create your character
    * Category-based weapon training system (Slightly obscured.)
    * Implementation of asynchronous communication
    * New party system
    * Consideration of enemy cooperation
    * Limitless content
    * New approach to the game client
    * Implementation of a new "life work" (Partially obscured.)
    * Daily surprises
    * "Trump card" system
    * Mutual interaction functionality for new and veteran users

And now for words and phrases that give hints at the world of the game:
    * Awakening
    * Sealed stone monument
    * Pure Dark Falz (Partially obscured.)
    * Apostles of _____ (Partially obscured.)
    * Camp ship
    * Arkz
    * Why is darkness born?
    * Why is the Great Light no longer here?
    * A world in ruin
    Also, the official site is up: http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psportal/pso2/

However, all that's there is a better quality video of the trailer from TGS and a wall of text.

Ugh...crafting system? Crafting in PSU sucked to me. As long as there's weapon drops with the crafting system, or if it's easier to get crafting items via means of desynthesis (like disenchantments from WoW), I can deal with crafting.

Basically, make it better crafting than PSU.

I'm with ya on that. Keeping far away from PSU standards, save for visual character customization, would be the best thing. PSU tried to be a typical MMO of today and really felt less like a Phantasy Star game. To me, it was just a generic, futuristic sci-fi RPG that hardly resembled the previous titles. Same way I felt about Final Fantasy XIII.

Crafting was a fucking awful idea. I preferred going to the Tekkers and giving items to NPCs to make certain items. I also seriously hope we don't see Beasts in this game. Beasts need to stay faaaar away. Same with those stupid ass giant gun blasts that the Androids could do. Hopefully Mags return and we don't see Partner Machines. Those were a pain to raise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukento View Post
    I'm sure it's gonna stick close to the monthly fees of PSO/PSU. Still think the best fee for PSO ever was Ver. 2; $15 every 3 months. That was $5 a month!
    It was free in Europe, although we had to wait longer for the game.

Yeah, you didn't get it until 2002. o_o;

Unforgettable Memories Of Code Battling

Oh how excited my friends and myself are for this game. We played all PSO's from Dreamcast to Gamecube to 360...every one.

I was one of the first to officially dupe in Episodes 1 & 2 and I definitely look forward to getting behind the old cheat engine and continuing the legacy my clan has established throughout the years of PSO...

Hate me all you want but it was the PK and Duping that made the game so fun for us...after we already beat the shit outta the game. The boys and I had a grand discussion about this last night and we are definitely looking forward to it's release.

Let the battle of the codes begin....again.

Not exactly going to be an easy thing when those codes were all done with cheat devices; none available on the PC. :P

Dealing with being turned into Nol or having your system forcefully reset was not cool, man. :(

I decided to bring this thread back from the dead! So, anyone here play Phantasy Star Online 2? (I play on server 9, by the way.)

Anyways, I started playing this game recently again! Which I made a new character, and what not! Currently, my level is 20, which was thanks to all these client orders I did. (Tutorial ones.) I can't level up anymore yet, due to me needing to have to unlock the level cap via a client order; which means I need to unlock the next two areas! I do believe I keep the experience I gain during this period, so I should expect a lot of levels going my way; once I complete the quest.

Also, here is a picture of my character:
    Spoiler:

I also edited my first post to include a link to the English patch, since this game is Japan only. I also included the link to the wiki for this game, which can be helpful; like what items drop from what monsters, or figure out your skill tree for your class for example.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekila View Post
    I decided to bring this thread back from the dead! So, anyone here play Phantasy Star Online 2? (I play on server 9, by the way.)

Anyways, I started playing this game recently again! Which I made a new character, and what not! Currently, my level is 20, which was thanks to all these client orders I did. (Tutorial ones.) I can't level up anymore yet, due to me needing to have to unlock the level cap via a client order; which means I need to unlock the next two areas! I do believe I keep the experience I gain during this period, so I should expect a lot of levels going my way; once I complete the quest.

Also, here is a picture of my character:
    Spoiler:

I also edited my first post to include a link to the English patch, since this game is Japan only. I also included the link to the wiki for this game, which can be helpful; like what items drop from what monsters, or figure out your skill tree for your class for example.
    I have PSO2 but it's been quite a while since I played it last. my main is a Gunner which is somewhere above level 50 and I have a bouncer that's around level 20 I think and a Braver that's around level 35

Also I use PSO2Tweaker it makes various things in the game english
    Last edited by KaizokuJinbei; October 30th, 2017 at 11:27 AM.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    I have PSO2 but it's been quite a while since I played it last. my main is a Gunner which is somewhere above level 50 and I have a bouncer that's around level 20 I think and a Braver that's around level 35
    Oh, cool! o:

I don't know how long it was, since you played; but there is a new class called "Hero". To unlock it, you need a range, melee, and magic to level 75 I believe. It can be over different characters, or on the same one.

Plus, things have changed a bit with the introduction, and how the game progresses when you start a new character. This is because of new plot-lines in the story. (Which I sorta know, since I got spoiled.)

Also I use PSO2Tweaker it makes various things in the game english
    Yeah, I use that too! It helps quite a lot, especially with items and the story itself! ^^

Oh, cool! o:

I don't know how long it was, since you played; but there is a new class called "Hero". To unlock it, you need a range, melee, and magic to level 75 I believe. It can be over different characters, or on the same one.

Plus, things have changed a bit with the introduction, and how the game progresses when you start a new character. This is because of new plot-lines in the story. (Which I sorta know, since I got spoiled.)

Yeah, I use that too! It helps quite a lot, especially with items and the story itself! ^^
    yeah the Hero class is new to me must be a good class if it requires that level for 3 different classes to unlock it
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    yeah the Hero class is new to me must be a good class if it requires that level for 3 different classes to unlock it
    Yeah, that's what I believe what I heard. My plan is to have this class on my character, once I complete the requirements. By the way, what was the last "episode" you were on in the game? -curious-

Yeah, that's what I believe what I heard. My plan is to have this class on my character, once I complete the requirements. By the way, what was the last "episode" you were on in the game? -curious-
    I never got past the first episode in the story I mostly just played through the free play stages and stuff whenI stopped I think episode 3 was up I clearly had weird priorities xD

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information