+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Ni no Kuni

Default Re: Ni no Kuni

Played the demo. It is indeed beautiful but didn't much care for the gameplay. I sadly think I just don't... enjoy RPGs anymore. There's some new awesome ones out there but I just can't bring myself to get into them really. Kinda funny, they use to be ALL I'd play.

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    After Persona 4 Golden, going to keep my fingers crossed for an eleventh hour Vita port for this. System is absolutely perfect for RPGs.

*sigh*

http://s16.postimage.org/xlmap4dtx/Suzie.jpg
    You mean a port of the DS version right? They won't port the PS3 game when they already made a portable one. That'd be nice but unlikely yeah. Especially since they already abandoned the localization project for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Played the demo. It is indeed beautiful but didn't much care for the gameplay. I sadly think I just don't... enjoy RPGs anymore. There's some new awesome ones out there but I just can't bring myself to get into them really. Kinda funny, they use to be ALL I'd play.
    That's a shame. Battle takes a bit to get used to be it's pretty deep.

With the supposed ease of porting PS3 to Vita, it would actually make more sense to do the job with the one that's already been localized. Saw nothing in the demo that the Vita couldn't handle in its typical somewhat stripped-back fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    take a year break from them if you really loved them I'm sure some day you want to get into them again. I also had those stretches where I couldn't touch them well pretty much for a lot of types of games.

With the supposed ease of porting PS3 to Vita, it would actually make more sense to do the job with the one that's already been localized. Saw nothing in the demo that the Vita couldn't handle in its typical somewhat stripped-back fashion.
    I don't think that's true, it's not that easy to port things to the vita pretty much the main reason why we've got some older version of sports games instead of the 2012 versions.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    take a year break from them if you really loved them I'm sure some day you want to get into them again. I also had those stretches where I couldn't touch them well pretty much for a lot of types of games.
    I dunno, I've been this way for years. Even so, I still consider Dragon Quest VIII one of the greatest games ever.

I don't think that's true, it's not that easy to port things to the vita pretty much the main reason why we've got some older version of sports games instead of the 2012 versions.
    There's quite a bit out there on it being a fairly easy process--Street Fighter x Tekken, several producers--and judging from the relatively late decision to port some games (Sly 4, PASBR, Dead or Alive 5), the process isn't terrible, though you are right that most games need a bit of finagling to maximize performance.

I'm not sure why sports game have proven to be difficult, but quite a few of the higher ranking games on the system have been PS3-to-Vita ports. Admittedly, I haven't seen a ton of the game, but can't see it requiring an overwhelming amount of processing power.

Then again, thought that about New Little King's Story, and that turned into a framerate-chugging mess in the last third.

There's quite a bit out there on it being a fairly easy process--Street Fighter x Tekken, several producers--and judging from the relatively late decision to port some games (Sly 4, PASBR, Dead or Alive 5), the process isn't terrible, though you are right that most games need a bit of finagling to maximize performance.

I'm not sure why sports game have proven to be difficult, but quite a few of the higher ranking games on the system have been PS3-to-Vita ports. Admittedly, I haven't seen a ton of the game, but can't see it requiring an overwhelming amount of processing power.

Then again, thought that about New Little King's Story, and that turned into a framerate-chugging mess in the last third.
    It may be that it depends for which console the games was developed in the first place. Since I guess most sports games are developed first for windows (360/pc) that might be the reason they aren't as easy portable to the vita (in which case my bad your statement is probably right). Just picked that piece of info up from a podcast and haven't thought it through.

I was really suprised that they announced an official Prima strategy guide for this game. I think that's awesome! It even comes with a free gold Familiar (no other way to get it). It's not up for pre-order yet on Amazon though.

On another note I'm really mad at myself for not pre-ordering the Wizard's Edition while I had the chance. I really want that. But the US order period was so short, and I'm not too keen on spending like 150 dollars to import the European version on Zavvi or something (plus I'd need to create a PAL account on PSN for the codes).

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I was really suprised that they announced an official Prima strategy guide for this game. I think that's awesome! It even comes with a free gold Familiar (no other way to get it). It's not up for pre-order yet on Amazon though.

On another note I'm really mad at myself for not pre-ordering the Wizard's Edition while I had the chance. I really want that. But the US order period was so short, and I'm not too keen on spending like 150 dollars to import the European version on Zavvi or something (plus I'd need to create a PAL account on PSN for the codes).
    I feel less crazy now for doing exactly that. I did think a few times about cancelling my pre order(because I'm not usually big on collector stuff) but resolved to just to sell the extra game in it, cause let's be honest friggin shizuku doll!

I feel less crazy now for doing exactly that. I did think a few times about cancelling my pre order(because I'm not usually big on collector stuff) but resolved to just to sell the extra game in it, cause let's be honest friggin shizuku doll!
    Wait do you have the North America version? I'll totally pay you for the book and the gold Familiar DLC codes >.> and what do you mean extra game? Do you have it pre-ordered twice? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Wait do you have the North America version? I'll totally pay you for the book and the gold Familiar DLC codes >.> and what do you mean extra game? Do you have it pre-ordered twice? O_o
    Nah I got the japanese version with the jp magicmaster but when the wizard edition got announced for europe I got it preordered, thought there was no harm in it since I could cancel anytime if I decided it wasn't worth it (because 90€ is quite a bit of cash, poor student life...). Anyway because of this I'm going to have a japanese version of the game and the localised version which made me think that I should sell the localised one since I'm not curious enough about the localisation to put another 60 hours into the game, also another friend of mine is also getting the wizard edition so I could borrow that from him if I ever felt like it.

Oh I see. I already have plat but I'm going to play it again in English :P

For those keeping track, the hardcover strategy guide went up on Amazon recently for just over 26 dollars. It's 400 pages so I have reasonable hopes of it being cool.

yey europe gets another imajinn because our release got delayed.

also http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/01/0...-the-interview

It's insanely amazing how much they put into the localisation.

Thanks, hadn't read that interview.

If Europe gets another brand-new Imajinn just for that I'll be annoyed... I'm betting all these promo Imajinns will be globally released in the not-so-distant future. Dunno about the gold ones from the Wizard's Edition but the rest at any rate.

Two weeks.

Can't wait two weeks.

I hope the western release sparks some really good piano covers about ost.

I seriously need a piano cover of kokoro no kakera and I'm somewhat to lazy to register a nico nico account...

Piano sheets would be cool. Though honestly I'm much more excited about the possibility of a Hisaishi concert based on the game's music. He said he'd love to do one himself, so that would be awesome.

Just 2 more days until this comes out! Well, a week longer in Europe :/

The game has also been getting overwhelmingly positive reviews worldwide (the biggest outlier being a 7/10 by Game Informer, but the reviewer was clearly incompetent). I'm pretty excited, despite having a Japanese platinum already. I was able to place a Wizard's Edition order from the Namco site when they re-opened orders for a couple of hours last week, which I'm even more stoked about.

Cant wait for this one XD Unfortunately got to wait nearly 2 weeks for it to release. And I will be very much surprised if I don't have to go into town and collect it.

Bout time the PS3 got another decent JRPG tho. Feels like it's been forever. If it's half as good as Xenoblade or Nier was was then I'm happy
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information