+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Community

Default Re: Community

Like I said, I'm hoping it picks up soon. I mean, the first season was a little slow in the beginning too.

Well, I find it funny that the only thing that has carried over from an episode is from a end of credit joke.

So I just got back into watching this series a few days ago. I watched the first few episodes when they aired, but never really had time to watch, so I never got into it.
    Just marathoned the series, and I have to say, this show is one of my favorites on TV, right up there with Modern Family and Psych.
    My favorite episodes so far are Modern Warfare, the Conspiracy one, and the Christmas Special, though most all are fantastic.
    And as for Silver R. Bolt, they've carried a lot of stuff over. The Bottle episode alone had a lot of call backs to things earlier this season, and even the first.
    Now, I hear worries about cancellation, and I don't think that's much of an issue.
    After all, this show can't go more than 4 seasons, as they'll have all graduated after that! So the series is almost halfway through. Plus, the show got an extension on this season to make it 24 episodes instead of 2, which shows NBC is a fan.
    Also, it's on NBC. People making comparisons to Arrested Development have to remembered that aired on Fox. NBC gives its shows a fair chance (look at how long they let Heroes run...) especially once they're past their first season.

So that's my thoughts on the show and cancellation worries.
    So glad I got into this show.

Well, Heroes was a huge smash hit. The first season averaged around 14 million viewers per ep. The final season was about 4.5 mil, which is where Community averages. On the other hand, it's probably cheaper to produce Community than Heroes so that's probably in the show's favor.

Fox also gives their shows a fair chance. It's just that most shows that the general audience didn't like and were very popular on the internet all aired on Fox.

Tonight's episode was cool Jeff finally admitting his feelings to Rich was funny as hell though.

Jeff's Chang speech was easily the best part of the new episode

"Nice sweater.

Thanks. My dad gave it to me."
    Ganzbino

Now this is what I was talking about! Story arcs! Reference to previous episodes. A funny script. Oh yea, Community is back!

Community pulled a 2.2 with competition from BBT and American Idol. It actually did better than the premiere of Perfect Couples (2.1) and a new episode of Outsourced (1.8). Its ratings are also higher than pretty much any hour long NBC show.

I think we can get a bit optimistic about Community's Chengses of renewal.

Parks and Rec's season premiere also pulled a series high with a 3.2. Pairing with The Office was a genius move (though ridiculously obvious and should've been done a year ago).
    Last edited by Kaiolino; January 21st, 2011 at 03:23 PM.

Summit of Evolution maxterdexter's Avatar

When Jeff was running in the rain I was upset because I tought that he was going to Annie and betraying the theme of the plot and season, I lol'd so hard when it was revealed that he was talking to him.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    I think we can get a bit optimistic about Community's Chengses of renewal.
    What you did there, I like it.

And yeah, I think the two episode extension was a show of confidence, especially since it mirrors what happened with season 1.

Well, 12 episodes left this season, and I can't wait to see where it goes!

This was definitely a good way to start off the second half of the season! Lots of plot progression.

Though, I'm convinced that there has to be something wrong with Rich. Jeff is right, no one is that perfect. I really hope we get some character development for him , as he's the most mysterious character on this show.

Oh, and I really hope Cheng is a part of the group now.

Im thinking Rich would be a dexter like character. Seems nice but is a serial killer. ok maybe not a killer but something dark that he has to act perfect
    Ganzbino

I was starting to think that maybe he had some malpractice issues or something.
    That or he made a terrible choice that cost someone their life, and he's too ashamed to be a doctor anymore, and he's trying to redeem himself through his eyes by helping everyone. But that's too cliche....
    That or he faked his degree, but since we found out Cheng did that, I think it'd be over kill to have another character.

I dunno.
    I really hope we get to know who he is better.

Double post! Oh nooooo!

Seems like they're gonna be starting a weekly behind the scenes thing:

[youtube]oiA3CxcZFSs[/youtube]

Should be interesting.
    I love the Alison and Danny BtS clips from the Christmas special. Hopefully they'll do a lot of stuff together.
    Last edited by Akumu; January 21st, 2011 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akumu View Post
    Double post! Oh nooooo!

Seems like they're gonna be starting a weekly behind the scenes thing:

[youtube]oiA3CxcZFSs[/youtube]

Should be interesting.
    I love the Alison and Danny BtS clips from the Christmas special. Hopefully they'll do a lot of stuff together.
    They reallllllllllly hate Glee.

If you listen to the commentary they don't hate Glee, they're just jealous of the ratings.

Alright episode. Theo Huxtable was the best part.

Oh and John Oliver. He's grossly underused.
    buttcheeks

I snorted at the sweater joke, Chang's puns and Jeff giving his passionate speech to Rich. Other than that, not a great episode. Seems important to the romance subplots though.

Now put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Brown Jaimie Lee Curtis.

Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Good episode this week.

Pierce and Chang both killed me with their Drugs performance.

And:
    Hidden:
    "We potentially caused 50 methheads....so the best thing to do is hit the reset button and get that number down to the national average."

2014 Tournament Picks: Nami, Hancock, Vivi, Jinbei, Bartolomeo, Fujitora, Caesar
    3DS Friend Code: 2294-4465-2602 / NNID: MetaDash
    (thanks to Shuhan and Hiroy for Dash pic)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information