+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bounty Hunter's, where are they?

The one..the powerful.. Thatanas's Avatar

Default Re: Bounty Hunter's, where are they?

Quote Originally Posted by r1ncewind View Post
    I have seen the term "16 characters" used alot of times in the forum.. what does it mean?
    Every post must have at least 16 characters in it. So people use 16 chars or 16 characters to get to that minimum with short posts like No or Baroque works :)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatanas View Post
    Every post must have at least 16 characters in it. So people use 16 chars or 16 characters to get to that minimum with short posts like No or Baroque works :)
    Ah, I see.. that does make sense!

Mihawk is a bounty hunter. Well, he does it more for fun than for money but he likes to hunt for pirates.

check up from the neck up eerie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thatanas View Post
    Nah.
    Last edited by eerie; October 9th, 2010 at 01:23 PM.

Lolwut? I call hacks.
    Last edited by Supa64; October 9th, 2010 at 01:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by goty View Post
    lol what? Mihawk shits his pants everytime he sees Shanks.

COME ON AND JAM! WASSUP!

check up from the neck up eerie's Avatar

Anyways, the lacking of bounty hunters in the first half of the grandline is still saddening. Not all bounty hunters are goin to migrate directly to the New World - they have to make their way there in both location and strength to even be competitive. Now that that's gone, hopefully Oda makes it up in the New World. Pirates catching pirates (Blackbeard and Bonney), even for blackmail, wasn't what I had in mind.

The best place for BH prolly would be SA, FI and wherever youll got out in the NW. In these places the pirates come to you...

So maybe well gonna see on FI or in the new world some

7transformation duck rider Chopper Madness's Avatar

maybe half of the next arc will be a bout bounty hunters and the other about slave traders

translated-ShiningDarkness
    Where condensed shadow meets ultimate radiance. Wherever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by eerie View Post
    Nah.
    You're just showing off.
    I go to MIT. One Piece is that little shred of joy I wait for every week in a life full of way too much work.

Quote Originally Posted by eerie View Post
    Anyways, the lacking of bounty hunters in the first half of the grandline is still saddening. Not all bounty hunters are goin to migrate directly to the New World - they have to make their way there in both location and strength to even be competitive. Now that that's gone, hopefully Oda makes it up in the New World. Pirates catching pirates (Blackbeard and Bonney), even for blackmail, wasn't what I had in mind.
    Have we actually had a devil fruit bounty hunter?
    Quote Originally Posted by goty View Post
    lol what? Mihawk shits his pants everytime he sees Shanks.

COME ON AND JAM! WASSUP!

Quote Originally Posted by Supa64 View Post
    Lolwut? I call hacks.
    no hacks

do we really need bounty hunters? i dont think they will bring anything to the plot of one piece, other than increase the fights, unless theres some bounty hunter that wants one piece as well. but he would of been better off being a pirate instead.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    The problem is A. There is no "Shichibukai level of strength". Compare Crocodile and Moria to Kuma and Doflamingo, B. If there was such a man/woman, eventually a conflict between him/her and a Yonkou would be inevitable, and we are back to my discussion.

And C. Mihawk is probably equal to post-Time Skip Blackbeard as the strongest of Shichibukai. It's not so easy to be on his level.
    Im just saying shicibukai as a general area of strength, which from my standpoint i'd say Moria was the weakest in my opinion. Not saying he was always the weakest since he went toe to toe with Kaidou, all though it could of been a very young Kaidou who is nowhere near his current level of power.

The shicibukai are some of the strongest characters introduced, but im sure there are non marine/pirate characters who are of near the same levels of power.
    Randy "Macho Man" Savage voice.

"Your going no where! I got your for the rest of your life!"

Quote Originally Posted by GoustiFruit View Post
    Mihawk is a bounty hunter. Well, he does it more for fun than for money but he likes to hunt for pirates.
    I don't think Oda ever stated if Mihawk was a pirate, or in general a very powerful person with a big reputation. But if he isn't one then why in the hell is he one of the seven pirate warlords.

Quote Originally Posted by kenjai7373 View Post
    do we really need bounty hunters? i dont think they will bring anything to the plot of one piece, other than increase the fights, unless theres some bounty hunter that wants one piece as well. but he would of been better off being a pirate instead.
    Instead of all the pirate vs pirate and marine vs pirate fights we could have something new. Maybe some powerful pirate like Kaidou has a girlfriend who is a pirate but very few know of the relationship. She captured and turned in because she has a descent bounty. Kaidou finds out and sends some of his descent crew members to kill the bounty hunter, but they are defeated an turned in for money too. Now Kaidou has lost face. A Yonkou losing face could have great implications in a world like One Piece where the balance of power is so brittle.

i believe we wil never see some bounty hunter strong like yonku or shikubai.....
    the marines are the bounty hunter......
    i see n reason to do an arc agains a bounty hunter...It will be crew against a single man.....if the bounty hunter do some organizzaition like barok works they could be considerated like a pirate crew...
    "sempre pił a bocca aperta....che mente ha Oda..."

The bottom line is, any bounty hunter strong enough to take on big ticket pirates will be considered to be a pirate by the WG - they can't afford to have strong ppl going around starting shit all over the world. Bounty hunters are notorious for not respecting the law as well, which would also place them on the WG's shitlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Supa64 View Post
    Have we actually had a devil fruit bounty hunter?
    Many members of Baroque Works.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_King View Post
    I don't think Oda ever stated if Mihawk was a pirate, or in general a very powerful person with a big reputation. But if he isn't one then why in the hell is he one of the seven pirate warlords.
    It's implied, but never stated. I just don't see any reason to think he isn't a pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by tentacles View Post
    The bottom line is, any bounty hunter strong enough to take on big ticket pirates will be considered to be a pirate by the WG - they can't afford to have strong ppl going around starting shit all over the world.
    Why put bounties on people's heads in the first place if you don't want any outisde help? It's the marine's/ other government soldiers job to catch the criminals, so bounties wouldn't serve any purpose at all.

Pavement Supervisor Gecko Moria's Avatar

Everyone seems to forget that Baroque Works agents were bounty hunters. You can't ignore Baroque Works; a third of the Grand Line was dedicated to them! That said, there has been a lack of good bounty hunters since then.

Everyone is so forgetful.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information